The New Moderators for 2010 Have Been Chosen

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Siage
Yearling
Yearling

Re: The New Moderators for 2010 Have Been Chosen

Post by Siage » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:54 pm

You are already making fantastic Mods! :mrgreen:

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Siage wrote:You are already making fantastic Mods! :mrgreen:
Indeed there are Siage ^_^ They have all being doing an amazing job!! Anyways once again congratulations guys!! =D

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 am

Congrats Koa! All that effort practising Modding in the ideas paid off for you! (Not for me though.)

The reason i was disappointed was because I was in the Ideas topic working so hard to prove I could be a Moderator. Koa and I were working on it very hard, and Koa did do a fine job. But I am just stumped why I didn't get any word of thanks from it. And Koa did.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 am

I was also, trying to help and prove worthy of mod. However Zarago as I have said before, maybe some people just werent ready yet to handle the job of moderator, all you have to do is hope you get to be one next time the oportunity comes around and keep helping out around the forums.

Also, as Koa said.. I believe this helps.

Koa wrote:thanks Cana for posting that; there were certainly a lot of talented, dedicated, and awesome applicants this year, and I know it was really a hard desicion for you.
For the community members: We need you guys, cause you are the awesome group that keeps this forum going. You're all already helping out by just being positive, support, active, and friendly. There's countless other ways to help out, like answering questions, reporting posts (when there is a need), reporting inappropirate games, donating, etc.
We value your support and effort to make this community awesome, so continue to do so!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 am

Zarago wrote:Congrats Koa! All that effort practising Modding in the ideas paid off for you! (Not for me though.)

The reason i was disappointed was because I was in the Ideas topic working so hard to prove I could be a Moderator. Koa and I were working on it very hard, and Koa did do a fine job. But I am just stumped why I didn't get any word of thanks from it. And Koa did.
The ideas list alone will not get you through; believe me. I was actually at the Tips, Hints, and Help board almost every single day, just posting positive and helpful replies without back-seat modding or anything.

It may prove that your helpful, but they'd like to see even in more situations on how helpful you are. With 100 applicants, it may be hard just to pick out every post on one topic that only one applicant made; they like seeing more of your helpful posts in other places, too. That way, they'll notice you, and consider you even more.
In summary; just continue to be helpful like you already are!

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 am

Adding to all the posts; being active just when the team is asking for new Mods is not what you should be doing. Keep active during the year, try to earn the UoTM position for once (maybe start with that), help a lot (not in just one topic) and I am sure you will be rewarded.

If you guys have any doubt or problem about helping, make us know via PM and we will help ;)

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:54 am

Thank you for that information Koa and Sintact ^^ That should help alot of people out, also Sintact and Koa had to be active for a whole year and look where they are now! =D So I would say that if you want to be a Mod follow their advice and others advice too =)

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for posting that Sintact, this will help a lot of people. I would say, take into consideration on what others say.. be helpfull and active all year around. Be posative and help the mods the best you can without back-set modding. ^^ I also, agree with Silver fully. The people who were chosen this time were active for a year or more. Though I never did really see Canidae around the forums very much... :S
Last edited by Zethra on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 am

Can I give you guys another huge congratulations, since you already have been doing a great job? Honestly, you guys are being amazing moderators.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

Sintact wrote:Adding to all the posts; being active just when the team is asking for new Mods is not what you should be doing. Keep active during the year...
That is a good point since your post history is looked at to see if you have been active and for how long.

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Koa wrote:
Zarago wrote:Congrats Koa! All that effort practising Modding in the ideas paid off for you! (Not for me though.)

The ideas list alone will not get you through; believe me. I was actually at the Tips, Hints, and Help board almost every single day, just posting positive and helpful replies without back-seat modding or anything.

It may prove that your helpful, but they'd like to see even in more situations on how helpful you are. With 100 applicants, it may be hard just to pick out every post on one topic that only one applicant made; they like seeing more of your helpful posts in other places, too. That way, they'll notice you, and consider you even more.
In summary; just continue to be helpful like you already are!
As Koa said, he was in the Tips, Hints, and Help a ton. Every time anyone had a question, he was like Bang! Here's the answer. All the moderators who were chosen were like that I thought in various forums. Whenever I turned on WQ, there was bound to be another five questions answered by the people who were chosen. :) Don't feel bad because you weren't picked, there's always next time and the people who got picked worked super, super hard for the honor of being moderators. :wink: Keep working at it everybody! We all have it in us. :D (And believe me Zarago, everyone appreciates the work you do, but there are so many people who chip in, it would be hard to thank everyone personally! I know I noticed your contributions, and I’m sure many other did too. Keep at it!)

FlamingComet
Yearling
Yearling

Post by FlamingComet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Congratulations! You all deserve it, and i couldnt be happier for you :)
Your all sooo active on everything, helping answer questions and things, and theres no one better suited for the job than you five :D
I was very late saying congrats, sorry about that

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Wolf Runner1 wrote: As Koa said, he was in the Tips, Hints, and Help a ton. Every time anyone had a question, he was like Bang! Here's the answer. All the moderators who were chosen were like that I thought in various forums. Whenever I turned on WQ, there was bound to be another five questions answered by the people who were chosen. :) Don't feel bad because you weren't picked, there's always next time and the people who got picked worked super, super hard for the honor of being moderators. :wink: Keep working at it everybody! We all have it in us. :D (And believe me Zarago, everyone appreciates the work you do, but there are so many people who chip in, it would be hard to thank everyone personally! I know I noticed your contributions, and I’m sure many other did too. Keep at it!)
Well said Wolf runner =D Indeed there is always next time and as Koa and Sintact said just continue to be helpful and maybe one day you'll get to be a mod ^^ Also everyone who was chosen as a mod was at least active and helpful for a whole year! So that means they all have both experince and great posting history. Also no one should feel bad if they weren't picked, Cana said that everyone had great qualities to be a Mod ^_^ As said before people don't need a green name to help out the community also if people help around the community it will make Mod's jobs easier!

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 pm

You guys should follow Silver's attitude; always enthusiastic and wanting to help. Here are some tips for getting noted by the team (and probably if you follow this you will end up being UoTM).

→ Being active and helpful in other sections than Forum Games, Pack Central and Get to Know Each Other.
→ Answer people's questions at Tips, Hints and Help, or you can go to other sections like General WolfQuest Discussions.
→ If you see any problem around the forums, report it by using the "!" tool located at the upper part of every post.
→ Welcome new members at Introduce Yourself, always with a positive attitude.
→ Respect all the Forum Guidelines.
→ Never backseat moderate, for that use the report bottom and we will see the problem.
→ Show interest for the game/forums; start new interesting topics that you think are helpful.
→ Keep yourself active during the year, try to make it constant.
→ A positive attitude ;)

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Sintact wrote:You guys should follow Silver's attitude; always enthusiastic and wanting to help. Here are some tips for getting noted by the team (and probably if you follow this you will end up being UoTM).

→ Being active and helpful in other sections than Forum Games, Pack Central and Get to Know Each Other.
→ Answer people's questions at Tips, Hints and Help, or you can go to other sections like General WolfQuest Discussions.
→ If you see any problem around the forums, report it by using the "!" tool located at the upper part of every post.
→ Welcome new members at Introduce Yourself, always with a positive attitude.
→ Respect all the Forum Guidelines.
→ Never backseat moderate, for that use the report bottom and we will see the problem.
→ Show interest for the game/forums; start new interesting topics that you think are helpful.
→ Keep yourself active during the year, try to make it constant.
→ A positive attitude ;)
Thank you for the tips Sintact =D They are extremely helpful! LOL xD Follow my attitude? Haha xP Anyways very useful information this should definitely help all of those people who really want to become a moderator!!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”