Ideas for Episode 2.5

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Ideas for Episode 2.5

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 am

Hello, all! You may have noticed in the last newsletter that we have plans to make a WolfQuest Episode 2.5, with your help. To kick that off, we'd like all of you to go to the "Ideas for new episodes" thread (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 58&start=0), look through the summarized list that's already there (thanks to those who've helped keep that updated!), and if you have any ideas for things we can add to Episode 2.5 that are not already listed, post your ideas there!

The things we already know about episode 2.5:
-It will take place in Slough Creek.
-Some of the funding has already been provided, though we are hoping to do more fundraising contests to help pay for new ideas.
-We are willing to look at your ideas for both single player and multiplayer, and will let all of you help us decide which ideas are actually added to the game (more details will be provided later).

The rest is basically up to you! Because WolfQuest is an educational game, please make sure your suggestions for 2.5 focus on things that will increase the educational impact of the game as much as make it more fun to play.

Make sure to watch the WolfQuest News and Announcements forum for full contest details in the next few months!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Alcuzey
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Now again, I found myself so far down, away from the sun that shines into the darkest place.

Re: Ideas for Episode 2.5

Post by Alcuzey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 am

Instead of actually ending the game after the last mission. I think we should have the option to move our pups about. We should be able to press some sort of button to make a "local den". In this way we can leave our pups in a safe location and go out to hunt. The mate will not try to take the puppies, and the pups will stay in the general area you leave them.

Also, the mate needs better AI. It still will not hunt with me.

Also, they should add a new mission to Slough Creek that is different between males and females. After the player marks their den, the mission would represent the few weeks the pups are always in the den. The female must go out and hunt for them, then return to the den. She can't go far from the den for very long at all, as the pups get hungrier faster at this age and predators will dig them out, stimulated by the strong scent of denning pups. She is able to enter(but we can't see the pups, it just shows the outside of the den while we hear the pups whining and suc kling. This way, the WQ team won't have to make any new graphics). Because of the suc kling, the female's health goes down much faster, and she must get food more often. The good news is, the male's job throughout this is to get even more food and deliver it to the den. He will regurgitate food in front of the den, and the female will be able to eat it (this is common in packs where the male must travel for miles to get food, leaving the female at the den constantly). The completion of the mission will be controlled in the same way the second to last mission is, by weight. The pups start off at one pound, and everytime they female enters the den, they gain weight. when they all hit seven pounds, it will move onto the mission of pack affinity.

that was my idea.
Last edited by Alcuzey on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for the updates, Cana! Glad to know WolfQuest doesn't stay still.
Last edited by paperpaws on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Outcast-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by -Outcast- » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 am

I still think a Speed-o'-Meter to show how many mph you're going would be great =D Oh and maybe in the cattle ranch, you could chase cattle outside of the ranch(like maybe they could break the gate) though, that would be expensive...

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:51 am

Do not post your ideas here. Post them here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 58&start=0

Make sure to read the list (usually posted on every page or so) before posting any ideas. Because they might have already been said.

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 am

Thank you for the update Cana! I'm so glad that the WQ teem is making another episode. :D I can't wait to see what you guys decide to add and edit! :D

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you very much for the update Cana! I'm so happy that you are going to create another updated version of WQ!! =D

buggybug
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by buggybug » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm

wow this is great!
thanks so much WQ team for trying to add in our ideas :D

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just posted an idea on the episodes topic. It's one that probably most will like,but it's also something that most don't think about.

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm rather excited now; I can't wait to see what user-made ideas are added into the new version. =D Thank you as always for the update, Cana!

dashgame
Pup
Pup

Post by dashgame » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Once you guys look at the post and decide can you tell us how long will would have to wait? Cause i so Excited!!!!!!!

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Its nice to hear that the next episode is going to be worked on soon :D Thanks for the update!

West
Yearling
Yearling

Post by West » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm

This is great! Good to see that a 2.5 is coming out! So excited, and I will try my best to help you raise money.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

dashgame wrote:Once you guys look at the post and decide can you tell us how long will would have to wait? Cause i so Excited!!!!!!!
They may/may not do that; some of the features they may add can vary greatly in the amounts of time.

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Yay! Hopefully many more ideas will be considered :)

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”