Survival of the Pack Download

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Survival of the Pack Download

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 am

Well, because of the multiplayer username issues and our hopes to have another version with fewer bugs ready for you all within the next week or two, we are removing the link to download Survival of the Pack until the new version is ready. The new version will allow usernames with numbers and symbols, and should have most of the saving and predator issues fixed.

If you notice anyone posting about not being able to download the new game, please direct them to this post. I'll allow comments and questions on this post for a little while, but please keep them to a minimum so people look at this first post. Thanks.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

SonyWolf

Re: Survival of the Pack Download

Post by SonyWolf » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 am

One question, if it haves spaces, like... Blue[space]Berry, would the username be allowed?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks for the Update Cana :D

Angel
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Angel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:09 am

Excellent, thank you so much for fixing the issues. Thanks to the whole team for all the hard work... this game is amazing.

I am assuming the Bison peak den will be fixed as well? Also, PLEASE slow down the gameplay so I can have a chance to hunt/explore. ;P

Doom Pancake
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Doom Pancake » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:16 am

YES >:D way to go Game Developer people! :D
just gotta wait until the 21st now ¬_¬ but AH WELL!
>:D
10 days to go :D

sharpf4ng
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sharpf4ng » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice, thanks again you guys. I'm sure all of the bugs are going to nice and fixed though I didn't really mind them at first. Waiting another two weeks is just fine with me. :D

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 pm

WolvesAndGuitars777 wrote:One question, if it haves spaces, like... Blue[space]Berry, would the username be allowed?
Yes, spaces will also be allowed with the new version.

And we do not have time to fix all the bugs- just the major ones listed in my first post. Any other bugs you note, please follow the instructions in your WolfQuest manual and send a detailed bug report.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

iTaylor
Pup
Pup

Post by iTaylor » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks Cana-- though my username does already work in MP chats.

ShatteredSoul

Post by ShatteredSoul » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Great, there will be less bugs :D Thank you for update, Cana! :D

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Great update.Less bugs the game will be even better :D :D .But i have a question to ask.Will this be the 2.5 episode that you guys have money settled on the side for or just a bug fix update?I know we shouldn't talk about that for now but i'm just curious. :? :oops:

orangeonfire
Former WQ Moderator

Post by orangeonfire » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:24 pm

This next update is probably just for eliminating a few bothersome bugs. The episode 2.5 Cana has refered to in other topics would include more additions to the game, similar to the way Amethyst Mountain Deluxe introduced grizzlies.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 pm

I had a few probems while trying to download it (but in the end i was able to download it) i was having problems like it kept freezing on me or the server shut down or it was taking ore then seven hours. i just hope the new version will be able to be a little faster. (will there be a third episode on wolf quest? can any one tell me yes or no and if yes if you could give me a hint of what its about if you know what its about?) GO WOLVES!!

AisuTheWhiteWolf
Pup
Pup

Post by AisuTheWhiteWolf » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks WQ team :D

Im happy there'll be less bugs! And I hope there'll be less predators coming to your den! (plus the vooming in on the predator)

Thank you! :mrgreen:

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm

cloudywolf wrote:I had a few probems while trying to download it (but in the end i was able to download it) i was having problems like it kept freezing on me or the server shut down or it was taking ore then seven hours. i just hope the new version will be able to be a little faster. (will there be a third episode on wolf quest? can any one tell me yes or no and if yes if you could give me a hint of what its about if you know what its about?) GO WOLVES!!
Having a WolfQuest 3 all depends on funding. It might not even be one at all, but if there is one it most likely won't be for a very long time yet. Also, Episode 2 just released this month, I don't think you need to be worrying about an Episode 3 just yet. :wink: But anyways thank you WQ team for fixing the Usernames, some bugs and glitches for us and i hope that the den glitches are gone :mrgreen:

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 pm

orangeonfire wrote:This next update is probably just for eliminating a few bothersome bugs. The episode 2.5 Cana has refered to in other topics would include more additions to the game, similar to the way Amethyst Mountain Deluxe introduced grizzlies.
Oh well thats good.I can't wait to see this new version of the game.Less bugs will realy make this game awsome. :D :D

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”