Multiplayer Username Issues

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Multiplayer Username Issues

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am

Hi, all. Well, as you know, some things haven't worked as smoothly with this new release as we had hoped, and we appreciate your patience. I wanted to let you know about one thing we're definitely working on, since it affects so many of you. If you have been trying to log in to multiplayer games but your name shows up as "NONAME" on the chat, it's probably because your username has numbers, symbols, or a combination of letters that was not previously allowed for wolf names/chat titles. But because each of your usernames was carefully approved by me before your account was activated, we know your username shouldn't have anything inappropriate in it, so therefore should not be filtered. We're working on a fix for this, so again, please be patient.

We also understand that now it may be difficult to find people you used to play with, because you may have only known their wolf name. Though this may be extremely frustrating for some of you, we decided to use only usernames because of safety concerns. We will not be changing this. I will, however, temporarily break my rule about no username changes and offer to make one username change for each member who wants to try to make a username closer to their old wolf name. If you're patient, you can send me an e-mail (I will not respond to PMs) to request a username change. If your e-mail contains the following things, I will make the change for you.
  • 1) the phrase "please change my username"
    2) your current username
    3) the e-mail address associated with your account
    4) at least three choices for your new username, listed in the order of preference, in case your first choice is already taken. (For example, if I wanted my name to be shadow, I'd ask for something like shadow, shadow1414, and vshadowv. When I try activating them, I'll try shadow first, then shadow1414, etc.)
If you're not the most patient person in the world, you can just ask me to delete your account, then you can try to create your own new username, using the same e-mail address as your previous account. Please bear with me, as I receive over 100 e-mails every day, most of which need responding to. If your e-mail does not contain these four things, it will most likely go ignored. Note: I do not make username changes for anyone with one or more warnings, and I do not respond to people who send username change requests via PM.

We hope to make some other changes to the game to make it play better- we'll make more announcements when we have further updates. If you're one of the people who is having issues with the game, you may want to just wait to play until these updates are added. We also recommend checking both the WolfQuest FAQ and the Tips, Hints, and Help forum to see if anyone else has similar issues, and if another member has been able to recommend a solution. Thanks!

Edit: FYI, if you change your username, you'll keep your posts and rank. If you choose to have your username deleted, you'll have to start over with posts and rank.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

-Outcast-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Multiplayer Username Issues

Post by -Outcast- » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 am

thanks for posting this Cana, because I'm having that problem as well!

KAZAN11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by KAZAN11 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Mam problem z moim nowym uruchomić grę w trybie multiplayer ja klikam "Start game" i nic ... Mam nadzieję, że coś z tym zrobić ....

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks for the Update Cana :mrgreen:

Deva Pein
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Deva Pein » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks for the update Cana! :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure you might be aware of this but, when people go to make a pack, they click 'Start Game' and nothing happens.
I kinda noticed that it mostly happened with users with a space or an under space in their usernames. I was just wondering if you knew this. :S

sharpf4ng
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sharpf4ng » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 pm

That's okay and thanks a lot. Btw the game is SO much better than the first. Besides, I will just post my wolf name then before I talk. It makes sense and I can wait. 8)

sharpf4ng
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sharpf4ng » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Deva Pein wrote: Thanks for the update Cana! :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure you might be aware of this but, when people go to make a pack, they click 'Start Game' and nothing happens.
I kinda noticed that it mostly happened with users with a space or an under space in their usernames. I was just wondering if you knew this. :S
Yeah I noticed that too, I thought it was just because the forum was new and everything but I'm sure they're up to date with it.

Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Griffinsong » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Hmm, thanks Cana. Though, if the username you're trying to get it changed to is already taken, but the person who has it joined, say, two years ago and has never visited since, what would happen?

13wolflover13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 13wolflover13 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanx for the update, but when I go to start a game, even if there are no spaces or anything in my pack name, i cant seem to be able to start my own multiplayer.

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Thank you for posting this Cana! I've been having the same problem.
Griffinsong wrote:Hmm, thanks Cana. Though, if the username you're trying to get it changed to is already taken, but the person who has it joined, say, two years ago and has never visited since, what would happen?
I have this question as well. I possibly might want to change my username to just "Sheeba", but somebody has taken it already. This user has no posts, and hasn't logged on here since they created their account, which was back in December 2007. The 10th to be exact. Would I still be able to take the username "Sheeba"?

Wave Breaker 18
Pup
Pup

Post by Wave Breaker 18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks for the update!! I love Slough Creek!! :mrgreen: (Im just having one problem :? )

Midnight Glory
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Midnight Glory » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 pm

I cant even get the wolf quest multiplayer to work it says some firewall is blocking it but i turned all of that stuff off!! It used to work until i had to redownload it. Can someone help me?!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 pm

-x-Sheeba-x- wrote:Thank you for posting this Cana! I've been having the same problem.
Griffinsong wrote:Hmm, thanks Cana. Though, if the username you're trying to get it changed to is already taken, but the person who has it joined, say, two years ago and has never visited since, what would happen?
I have this question as well. I possibly might want to change my username to just "Sheeba", but somebody has taken it already. This user has no posts, and hasn't logged on here since they created their account, which was back in December 2007. The 10th to be exact. Would I still be able to take the username "Sheeba"?
that person probably just signed up so they could be on multiplayer,and are not interested in the forum.When you sign up for a account,it is perfectly fine for you to just use it for mulitplayer,and to never go on the forums. Cana could e-mail that user and ask them wether they still want their account,but I'm not sure she'd be willing to do that.

skinwalker3
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by skinwalker3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm

I dont mind too much. Most people know me as skinwalker anyway, so its not a big problem for me. But thanks, and now I know why the names are like this.

wolflover91295
Pup
Pup

Post by wolflover91295 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 pm

i have the making your own game issue and im just glad to hear its getting fixed soon, thanks cana for the update im happyto hearit :mrgreen:

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”