WolfQuest: Survival of the Pack has been released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: WolfQuest: Survival of the Pack has been released!

Post by Griffinsong » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Eh, the game's rather good, and I'm glad that it's finally out, but there are just so many glitches, and it's nearly impossible to play without getting frustrated.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree there are so many bugs and glitches and they are very annoying. But the team did give us a warning about being bugs and glitches in the game.
LoboLoco wrote:If you read the forum, you know we've been battling bugs for awhile, and we finally got enough squashed to release the game. That isn't to say the game is bug-free now. We've got a handful of bugs on our list that we simply couldn't replicate reliably, or debug sufficiently to fix. We also didn't complete several dozen tweaks, refinements, and minor bugfixes that we'd hoped to do to polish the game. But we've simply run out of time and money. And since WolfQuest is a free game to download and play, money is unfortunately limited. These bugs and refinements are still on our task list and we'll be working on them as we continue developing the game in the next phase, so you can definitely wait for future releases if you prefer to play something closer to a bug-free game.

If you find a bug that impedes your gameplay, the best thing to do is simply save your game and reload it. That will solve the problem 99% of the time.

We welcome bug reports, but if you want to send one in, please make it as helpful as you can by following the instructions in the Troubleshooting section of the manual. Maybe we'll even hold a contest for the most spectacular bug reported by a player!

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:04 pm

SC is still amazing though! Even though I face bugs and glitches I still enjoy SC Alot! :mrgreen:

Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Griffinsong » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:07 pm

XxSilverwolfxX wrote:I agree there are so many bugs and glitches and they are very annoying. But the team did give us a warning about being bugs and glitches in the game.
LoboLoco wrote:If you read the forum, you know we've been battling bugs for awhile, and we finally got enough squashed to release the game. That isn't to say the game is bug-free now. We've got a handful of bugs on our list that we simply couldn't replicate reliably, or debug sufficiently to fix. We also didn't complete several dozen tweaks, refinements, and minor bugfixes that we'd hoped to do to polish the game. But we've simply run out of time and money. And since WolfQuest is a free game to download and play, money is unfortunately limited. These bugs and refinements are still on our task list and we'll be working on them as we continue developing the game in the next phase, so you can definitely wait for future releases if you prefer to play something closer to a bug-free game.

If you find a bug that impedes your gameplay, the best thing to do is simply save your game and reload it. That will solve the problem 99% of the time.

We welcome bug reports, but if you want to send one in, please make it as helpful as you can by following the instructions in the Troubleshooting section of the manual. Maybe we'll even hold a contest for the most spectacular bug reported by a player!
Yes, I know that, but the kind of bugs I get are terrain glitches and a heck lot of freezing and lag that aren't fixed by reloading.

Wave Breaker 18
Pup
Pup

Post by Wave Breaker 18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Griffinsong wrote:Eh, the game's rather good, and I'm glad that it's finally out, but there are just so many glitches, and it's nearly impossible to play without getting frustrated.
Yeah, even though i LOVE the game, im stuck on one mission and cant seem to get past it......... Heres a really funny glitch that happened to me: My pup started to fly!! There are many glitches, but im still glad that the game is out!! :mrgreen:

KyuuTsuki
Pup
Pup

Post by KyuuTsuki » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:26 pm

If you jump while swimming, you go to the bottom xS and also the title page, both adult wolves left eye is crossed xP lol Love the map though ;D

SilverB
Pup
Pup

Post by SilverB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm

:cry: Oh! ok, i am very angry at that hawk or eagle i saw him soop down and take Marroone.

Sunawa
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunawa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm

I have had a little trouble,since I can't find many carcasses,I can't seem to kill an elk,and my pups kept starving.I get fed up and stop playing.So,I'm a little disappointed.But,it's not the worst.

KyuuTsuki
Pup
Pup

Post by KyuuTsuki » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Sunawa wrote:I have had a little trouble,since I can't find many carcasses,I can't seem to kill an elk,and my pups kept starving.I get fed up and stop playing.So,I'm a little disappointed.But,it's not the worst.
Haha that is more realistic, if I were to walk around yellowstone and find carcasses everywhere i would freak out about disease spreading through the herds lol, i havent noticed the ravens, are they even there?

Shadow48
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadow48 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm

The new game drives me CRAZY i guess it's pretty cool but my pups die every five seconds, my computer always freezes and i can't get through keeping my pups alive, STUPID COYOTES!!! :x But i have to say it's so much fun playing multiplayer at slough creek. :D More places to go more water, more trees so a lot more dens and territories. So with multiplayer it's the best thign that has ever happened.
Without, I don't really like the single player pup game it hard. :cry: i thought it would be fun!!!!!

Wave Breaker 18
Pup
Pup

Post by Wave Breaker 18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm

wolfquestgirl12 wrote:The new game drives me CRAZY i guess it's pretty cool but my pups die every five seconds, my computer always freezes and i can't get through keeping my pups alive, STUPID COYOTES!!! :x But i have to say it's so much fun playing multiplayer at slough creek. :D More places to go more water, more trees so a lot more dens and territories. So with multiplayer it's the best thign that has ever happened.
Without, I don't really like the single player pup game it hard. :cry: i thought it would be fun!!!!!
Yeah, everytime i turn around, hey look theres a bear!! Hey look theres a coyote!! My pups starve while im trying to chase the bears away!! It does seem kinda hard, and i dont think that would happen so much in the wild......every 5 seconds a beaar pops up!! i love multiplayer!!

KyuuTsuki
Pup
Pup

Post by KyuuTsuki » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Some of glitches are hilarious xD I just dont know what ta do on the journey mission, do i just have to get everyone inside the circle? Also they said there would be human things, are the footprints and cows the only things???? Plus, what all are we going to spend points on beside pup names??!?!?!?

BubbleSplash
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BubbleSplash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

i beat the game like five times. i LOVE Slough Creek its just i wish it was longer. and yeah my pup started to fly also!

BubbleSplash
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BubbleSplash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 pm

KyuuTsuki wrote:
Sunawa wrote:I have had a little trouble,since I can't find many carcasses,I can't seem to kill an elk,and my pups kept starving.I get fed up and stop playing.So,I'm a little disappointed.But,it's not the worst.
Haha that is more realistic, if I were to walk around yellowstone and find carcasses everywhere i would freak out about disease spreading through the herds lol, i havent noticed the ravens, are they even there?
yeah! but i only flying.

BubbleSplash
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BubbleSplash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Griffinsong wrote:
XxSilverwolfxX wrote:I agree there are so many bugs and glitches and they are very annoying. But the team did give us a warning about being bugs and glitches in the game.

Yes, I know that, but the kind of bugs I get are terrain glitches and a heck lot of freezing and lag that aren't fixed by reloading.
same here! i reload and!!! nothing..still stuck

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”