General Toucan Discussion

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

General Toucan Discussion

Post by Quivira » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Here, talk about those giant, beaked birds that I'm sure everyone knows and loves! Toucans! Toucanets and Aracaris, too!

My favorite of this group has to be the Toco Toucan. I love their bright orange bill and their jet black/bright white feathers. Heck, I'd love to have one as a pet someday.

Their are brighter colored varieties, but the Toco still has to be my favorite.

I've also been able to feed a few of the members from this family while we took a trip to Discovery Cove, mostly the Collared Aracari.

Anyone else love these birds?

More info on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toucan

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Re: General Toucan Discussion

Post by wolfyattitude » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Oh, I love them. The Rainforests of the world was my class topic last year, and as a field trip, we got to go to a place called Amazonia, it's like a huge indoor Rainforest, with Leafcutter ants climbing along ropes, and birds flying free. And we saw two kinds of tucans, and they each looked amazing.
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:47 pm

I would have to agree with you on the Toco Toucans beeing my favorite of the group, Redsky. Such beautiful rainforest birds, I don't think anyone could disagree. :)
One raindrop among millions.

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolfyattitude » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I would have to agree with you on the Toco Toucans beeing my favorite of the group, Redsky. Such beautiful rainforest birds, I don't think anyone could disagree. :)
I agree, they are certainly my favourite. The Toco Toucans I saw had large beaks, that were extremely colorful.
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

Kyrarah
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kyrarah » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh, Toucans, one of the birds if my beautiful country. I love them. Toucans are fascinating birds, and beautiful as well. I already saw them, many times. They seem always to be happy. <33

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”