Negative Wolf Pages on Facebook

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

WinterSkyWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Negative Wolf Pages on Facebook

Post by WinterSkyWolf » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 pm

I made this petition asking Facebook to remove this wolf hating page called "The Only Good Wolf Is A Dead Wolf".

I'll warn you that the page contains graphic photos of wolves caught in snares, or shot dead. Hunters on the page say things like "Wolves never look this happy when they're alive! Do a wolf a favor and kill it!" and "Wolves preserved in my den are better than in the wild. I can see them whenever I want and they're so well behaved."

I'm trying to get enough signatures so that Facebook will take it seriously, so please sign the petition and report the page :)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/324/998/ ... book-page/
Last edited by BlackWarrior on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Generalizing the topic title
"When I lock eyes with an animal I get a special feeling, a feeling of togetherness. Not animal to animal, not human to animal, but being to being." ~ Anthony Douglas Williams

ovedur

Re: HELP REMOVE WOLF HATING FACEBOOK PAGE *Petition*

Post by ovedur » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:54 pm

As a new Facebook user myself, I am appalled to see that Facebook actually allows pages like these. I care for nature, the environment, and the animals in it, even in parts of the world I don't even live in. I have fallen in love with wolves ever since I was nine years old, and some of the comments actually saying that wolves should be exterminated is unbelievably cruel and heartless. Predators in an environment do kill prey for food, and if they get overpopulated and some of the predators have to be killed because of the lack of the deer and elk. Personally, if you're that butt-hurt over wolves killing most of the deer and elk, you need to think about some things first. Wolves are just like humans in a way, as well as most other animals are, we're both trying to survive in this world. If you think that wolves are killing everything in sight, just go look at yourselves, killing the wolves. Are you trying to kill every wolf in sight? I suppose so. Humans are sick creatures.
Sorry for the rambling.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: HELP REMOVE WOLF HATING FACEBOOK PAGE *Petition*

Post by Koa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm not too surprised such pages would 'go unnoticed.' Speaking on behalf of the internet and Facebook (and speaking realistically), as long as it's not illegal, it will probably stay up. We're not talking about graphic images of children (whether violent or abusive) or humans in general here, so while you could argue that there is some sort of "double standard" because we are "animals too," the way in which we view animals as a world is still much different from how we view ourselves, because we are able to rationalize and think with reason, which can be negative or positive, while other animals cannot on our level. So while some of us love animals, or certain animals, or dislike animals in general, the world operates more on a human-favorable basis. That's simply how it is. Just thought I'd throw in something different here. ^-^

Pale

Re: Negative Wolf Pages on Facebook

Post by Pale » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:17 pm

That is such a cruel thing to make. I really dislike trophy hunters and at least if they are gonna trophy hunt, respect the poor thing!

Loustake
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Loustake » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:46 pm

I agree with Koa.
•••“When you fall, i'll be always there to catch you.”•••
Avatar (C) -FireBreaker-| -Floor | Lowly Student

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:41 pm

I agree with Koa. Its there, it'll always be there, but unless its breaking any laws we can't do much about it. Its not good, yes, but it most likely won't be removed. Just move along.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Unfortunately, Koa is completely right. I would like to do and say a lot of colorful things to excessive wolf-haters, but sadly I can't. The law is not kind to the environment in that respect. If I had a Facebook account I'd sign your petition anyway, but I don't––partly because it drives me insane to see all the junk ignorant people post. The fact of the matter is, the world is filled with people who believe it's a good idea to "Smoke a pack a day", and there's not much we can do about it because it would take very drastic measures to change their minds. If you get the page taken down, great! But there'll be another along in a few days. These people, sadly, are a lot louder than reasonable scientific minds who see the virtue of natural predators.

EDIT: I couldn't leave this post all depressing, so I thought I'd add that maybe if we are persistent enough we can out-shout these other ignorant people and get the laws changed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

_Nimbus_
Pup
Pup

Post by _Nimbus_ » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:38 am

There will always be people who don't understand wolves, the sad truth is that it's not going to stop, neither is trophy hunting.

As for the rest of this post, Koa is completely right.
Shh, shh, do you hear that? Those are the winds of change.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

WinterSkyWolf wrote:I made this petition asking Facebook to remove this wolf hating page called "The Only Good Wolf Is A Dead Wolf".

I'll warn you that the page contains graphic photos of wolves caught in snares, or shot dead. Hunters on the page say things like "Wolves never look this happy when they're alive! Do a wolf a favor and kill it!" and "Wolves preserved in my den are better than in the wild. I can see them whenever I want and they're so well behaved."

I'm trying to get enough signatures so that Facebook will take it seriously, so please sign the petition and report the page :)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/324/998/ ... book-page/
Yes, I've found this page as well and done as much as I could to make sure I never had to look at their disgusting posts. I reported them numerous times for graphic violence, and spamming me and calling me a tree-hugging wolfaboo after speaking my mind to them. They went away and left me alone long ago, but they are still there and I cannot stand it that Facebook does not care about what they are doing and their lack of respect for living beings. Although I heard the owner of the page is in trouble for poaching, which I hope that this rumor came from a trustworthy mill.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:57 pm

After digging around, I found that the page was removed.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:09 pm

It's good that their page was removed. I took one look and cried after seeing them. They don't realize what wolves are needed for.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Wait, I think I've seen that page a few years ago, before. At least, I had seen a wolf-hating page before. I completely forgot about it though until I saw this topic. They showed nasty pictures of dead wolves on their page, too, and pictures of wolves shot and just pictures too horrible to describe here...
I really don't understand why people make these kind of pages. They either don't know anything about the wolf or just seek for (negative) attention. It's just weird and stupid... I'm glad the page got removed, though.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Latra

Post by Latra » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:36 pm

I don't understand why these things are appealing to people, no matter how you look at it you are displaying a dead creature that was killed for no true reason and on top of that are being so cruel about it. Some people really need to have some mental health test run & weapons taken from them. If someone becomes that overjoyed & pleased with themselves for slaughtering animals they should not have access to any form of weapon.
╔════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╗
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
ꕥ ❁ ꕥ —Mary Oliver ꕥ ❁ ꕥ
╚════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╝

Quote / Av Shop

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I agree with wolfwhisp, it's really appalling to see stuff like this on the internet. I don't understand why people hunt for sport, especially big game hunting.
Hunting for food is one thing, but this is different.
However, I do also have to agree with Koa as well.
"Blessed are the children of the Horned One."
:moose:

-S.J. Tucker

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Going to move this to General Wolf Discussion since the petition is closed. The page in question seems to still be accessible via the petition page (?)
- moved to General Wolf Discussion -