"Wolf shot and killed after escaping at Minnesota Zoo"

Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Rhimestone
Pup
Pup
Location: Our Universe, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion-Cygnus Arm, Earth.

Re: "Wolf shot and killed after escaping at Minnesota Zoo"

Post by Rhimestone » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:02 am

Tarbtano wrote:
Rhimestone wrote:I understand why they had to do this, but that doesn't mean I agree with it AT ALL. If the wolf was acting more scared than anything, they should have tranquilized it, then, if the wolf started being aggressive, THEN they could kill it. Just shooting it makes me :evil: :evil: :evil:

CALM DOWN

Tranquilizer is not a chemical that makes a mammal drop-down-sleep within the minute. Given the fact this wolf was running around so much, the tranquilizer would have taken up to 15 minutes to work, assuming the wolf's adrenaline didn't just block it out. Taken into an account the wolf was starting to show signs of aggression, shooting at it with a large needle only would have almost guaranteed it would have gone on the attack, no matter if the tranquilizer hit or missed. With innocent people and zoo staff present, they just can risk the good chance of endangering human life with a ticked off wolf running around. THAT is why they had to shoot it
You mean can't? :wink: I know. I still don't agree with it. But I know. It just makes me a little angry. But that's probably my fault for imagining what it would be like to be that wolf. :roll: Sorry!
If everything goes wrong,
If you feel hopeless,
Just remember:
Keep running on,
Don't let the world
get you down.

Member of theVanishedDreamsPack
Author of Silverstar

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”