Moderators: Isela, Koa

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

SE: Hunting land lease holder wants to shoot wolves

Post by Blightwolf » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

SE: Hunting land lease holder wants to shoot wolves
April 19, 2011

An application for a licensed protective hunt and three complaints against the dog owner who let the dog run unleashed have been made with respect to Sunday's wolf attack in Rörmossen which stirs up emotions, writes Norrtelje Newspaper on the Net.

Claes Bäckström, hunting leaseholder of part of Riala is his territory, posted the letter about the hunting of wolves to the Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday. The application is "obvious" he says, and argues that the five dogs attacked since the wolves arrived.

Complaints about the dog owner will not be investigated when the laws according to the police are so vague.

Source: http://ttela.se/start/sverige/1.1189058 ... uta-vargar (Original Swedish article)
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Re: SE: Hunting land lease holder wants to shoot wolves

Post by wolfyattitude » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 am

I hate it when people insist that wolves should be killed in a certain area. But, on the other hand, the wolves did kill four dogs, but since dogs are very closely related to wolves, then if the dog was in a wolf territory, the wolf would had seen it as another wolf, and attacked. They would probably pay no attention to the humans, but if we are to fix these problems, then there should be a way to tell where wolf territories are, in my opionion, a sign would do nicely and would prevent more accidents in the near future.
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 am

These issues can be quite complex. I also agree that if wolves attack house pets, it is not necessarily a legitimate reason to eliminate them -- it is to be expected after all, considering that wolves are territorial wild animals, and they can view a domestic dog as prey, or an intruder. However, if wolves turn their attentions to human beings and pose danger and threat to human life and health, the tables will turn. In that case, wolves would be dangerous, and should be shot in order to prevent casualties.

SiberiaCanidSoul
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SiberiaCanidSoul » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:24 pm

There should be a good reason those wolves attacked on them.
Siberia Canid Soul
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A true blooded wolf A huntress with surprise Shes crazy with skill and Intelligent at the eye
Siberia Avatar made by: SnowcOne

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:09 am

SiberiaCanidSoul wrote:There should be a good reason those wolves attacked on them.
Dogs attract wolves, and wolf-dog encounters are usually hostile. Wolf packs defend their territory quite vigorously from outsiders, be it dog, another wolf, a coyote, or even human.

Summer Moon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Summer Moon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 am

Well did the dog die??? If he did then it was the hunters fault because he is one of the ppl tht take the wolves food so i wouldn't blame the wolves! I mean tht they were only trying to defend whats' theirs because ppl are also taking land from wolves, not realizing what they are doing to the wolves! :(
I am a proud alpha of the <3 Summer Starz Pack <3

Here i am, once again, feeling lost but now and then....

Join the wolves... IF YOU DARE! http://wolftastic.forumotion.com/

Kestrelflight
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kestrelflight » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Well, it's peace at mind to hear that the wolves aren't yet a danger to the residents. I'm kind of iffy one when the wolves get to a point to when they need to be eliminated though. If they attack a dog don't they pose a threat to humans?
You can lead a horse to water, and you can lead a horse into water, and you can swim around with the horse and have fun.

#BEANCLUB

Avatar [c] idk someone (hint: it's not me)

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Kestrelflight wrote:Well, it's peace at mind to hear that the wolves aren't yet a danger to the residents. I'm kind of iffy one when the wolves get to a point to when they need to be eliminated though. If they attack a dog don't they pose a threat to humans?
The wolves have attacked five dogs. There was no specific mentioning whether they have also been in close proximity to humans, but it is a possibility that they will start to condition to humans, as well. Wolves are behaviorally very flexible and easily adaptable -- they can go habituated rather swiftly.

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”