Page 1 of 1

Do I need to send a COPPA form if I don't live in the U.S.?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:01 pm
by WQ Coordinator
Unfortunately yes. Even if you are outside of the United States, many countries have similar (or even stricter) laws about children’s privacy, so we really have to follow the US law for everyone. Sorry!

No, we only require parental signatures from users who are 12 years old or younger and live within the United States. If you live outside of the United States, please send an e-mail to with your username, e-mail address, and the statement "I live outside of the U.S. and would like you to verify my location for COPPA." (or something to that effect) and I can try to verify your location and change your registration so you can post on the forums and play multiplayer games.[/hide]