Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by duskypack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:55 am

loboLoco wrote:Episode 3 will be DLC for purchase. We haven't decided on the price yet--it'll depend on the size and scope of the episode--but at the moment I'd imagine around $5-$6 more or less.

One of my favorite parts of - and one of the biggest draws to - Wolfquest is the low prices. A whole new episode costing 5-6 dollars is incredibly generous and you'll probably get more sales that way!

Maertice

Post by Maertice » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:32 pm

duskypack wrote:
One of my favorite parts of - and one of the biggest draws to - Wolfquest is the low prices. A whole new episode costing 5-6 dollars is incredibly generous and you'll probably get more sales that way!
Yea, taking into account the high quality and functional graphics. I would to pay more for game developers and producers.
Wow..I have never supported any games so much. :lol:

rene-frankie
Pup
Pup

Post by rene-frankie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:25 am

loboLoco wrote:Episode 3 will be DLC for purchase. We haven't decided on the price yet--it'll depend on the size and scope of the episode--but at the moment I'd imagine around $5-$6 more or less.
does that mean, if we have already bought it, will we pay around $5 or $6 to get the new content?

and i guess that means that if you never bought it before it will be around $15 or $16?

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 am

rene-frankie wrote:does that mean, if we have already bought it, will we pay around $5 or $6 to get the new content?

and i guess that means that if you never bought it before it will be around $15 or $16?
This is not an official answer, but my understanding of the situation is that (at least for the desktop version) the game package we have now will still cost $10, and you'd have the option of paying the additional $5/$6 later, or buying everything (2.7 game plus E3) for $15/$16 in one shot. So... yes, you are correct.

Echoing dusky, I am also so amazed and grateful to the team for making this incredible game available for such a small cost... and for the fact that we can say (with confidence) that our money goes to support all the amazing work that is being done.

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:29 am

I remember back in around 2011/2012 you guys were really unsure about the future of the game and site. It's amazing to see where Wolfquest is going and I hope to be playing many years from now.

The idea of seeing my pack grow up is so cool and discussing the episode before it comes out will be fun!

Naeomi
Pup
Pup

Post by Naeomi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 am

I'm so excited for the upcoming episode! :mrgreen: It'll be cool to see how the pups turn out as adults! Thank you WolfQuest team, and heres to a great 2017 and all that will come with it! 8)

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:15 am

That's so nice to hear! I'm pleased with these news :D
I'm looking forward to see an automatic day/night cycle along with seasons in future episodes,as well as pack life :) <3

Kyrinth
Pup
Pup
Location: Texas - a state that harbors warm winters and even warmer summers

Post by Kyrinth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 am

This is awesome! It's amazing to see how far WolfQuest has come. I can't wait for the release of the new episode. :)

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I think it would depend on if the episode is a continuation of Slough Creek or if we will be dealing with brand new wolves. From what I rea on the OP it sounds like you can take your finished SC game and would continue it...that would be nice because I got my four latest pups to the summer den, it would be a pleasure to have them grow up and help hunt moose.

I guess 5 or 6 dollars would be okay...

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote: it sounds like you can take your finished SC game and would continue it...that would be nice because I got my four latest pups to the summer den, it would be a pleasure to have them grow up and help hunt moose.
Yup, that's the idea. And that raises a question: if some of your pups die in SC, should you have the option to revive them when starting the new episode?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:42 pm

loboLoco wrote:
SimplyGreenflower wrote: it sounds like you can take your finished SC game and would continue it...that would be nice because I got my four latest pups to the summer den, it would be a pleasure to have them grow up and help hunt moose.
Yup, that's the idea. And that raises a question: if some of your pups die in SC, should you have the option to revive them when starting the new episode?
And I must strongly say NOOOOOOOO to that one. Pups should not respawn/be revivable... that would totally eliminate the entire challenge of difficulty levels and the motivation to do well. Besides, it also wouldn't accurately reflect the extremely low survival rate of real pups.

Anyway, I kinda charged into that conversation and I apologize. I'm just a little adamant on that topic.

I'm still so happy there is the promise of new things on the horizon! I've got a saved game with each of my four characters and their families, just waiting to venture into the next episode. Thank you again to the team!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I agree that pups should not be (have the option to be) revived with the start of the next episode. You could give players an incentive to get through episode 2 and finish the next episode with all four pups by instituting new achievements related to the survival of all four pups/young offspring at the end of the new episode.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Definitely not. Considering the "survival" aspect of the game, I do not support the implementation of an option that would revive deceased pups. Seems a bit too cheaty, to be honest.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Agreed that an option to revive dead pups shouldn't exist. If such an option existed, there would be no point to attempting to get through episode two with more than one pup and eliminates challenge and the survival aspect, which is one of the most important parts of the game.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Well, okay then! :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements”