Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by Sunfrost23 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:50 pm

This is absolutely amazing and I am soooooo excited, but I have a question: will you continue to release updates like 2.7.3 and such up until the new episode comes out? Or will you just be focusing on the new episode? I was just curious. Thanks so much for all the work you've done to make this game amazing! :D

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Sunfrost23 wrote:This is absolutely amazing and I am soooooo excited, but I have a question: will you continue to release updates like 2.7.3 and such up until the new episode comes out? Or will you just be focusing on the new episode? I was just curious. Thanks so much for all the work you've done to make this game amazing! :D
We are going to focus mainly on the new episode. We would still like to release smaller updates if we can, without detracting much from our efforts to get the new episode done. Don't know what those would be yet, though.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

It's really amazing to see how much WolfQuest has progressed recently. I remember accepting that it was done when funding ran out and there wouldn't be any updates, and being excited when the news that it would get new updates came out of nowhere a few years later. And then comparing what it is now to what it was back when I joined, when all there was was Amethyst Mountain... the project has come such a long way and I'm so impressed with it and how sales have kept up enough to support the development of a new episode. Looking forward to it and seeing how WQ continues to progress!

makena123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by makena123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 pm

thanks for the info vry helpful :D

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:01 am

Ah maaaan! Hearing a new episode is in the making made me squeallllllll!
I'm so excited for it! But of course good work takes time, so I will be patiently waiting for it be added to the game! c:

Amazing work WolfQuest team! Ily! <333

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:42 am

Wow, that's actually great news. (:

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 am

loboLoco wrote:
Sunfrost23 wrote:This is absolutely amazing and I am soooooo excited, but I have a question: will you continue to release updates like 2.7.3 and such up until the new episode comes out? Or will you just be focusing on the new episode? I was just curious. Thanks so much for all the work you've done to make this game amazing! :D
We are going to focus mainly on the new episode. We would still like to release smaller updates if we can, without detracting much from our efforts to get the new episode done. Don't know what those would be yet, though.
Ah, okay. Thanks for answering. :)

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

That would be wonderful, but imagine how tricky it would be to deal with so many NPC wolves at the same time. The mates are now doing a lot better than they used to be, but they do have their flaws still...which I must ask. Can the problem of them refusing to eat from only hunted carcass be fixed? It would be easier if they scavenged from available carcasses to avoid having to hunt a lot more often (which leaves the den open to threats).

Aside from that, and the fact that dying in single mode means we can't be respawned to continue the fight (without having to completely start over)...will there be anything regarding the mystery of Lost River?

sea land animals
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sea land animals » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Although I am a relatively new player (I've been playing since 2.5), I am so happy that Wolfquest has continued to grow and teach people about these beautiful animals! :wolf: Also, will the third episode become a new game and will it be free?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

sea land animals wrote:Although I am a relatively new player (I've been playing since 2.5), I am so happy that Wolfquest has continued to grow and teach people about these beautiful animals! :wolf: Also, will the third episode become a new game and will it be free?
I do not believe the third episode will be free. After all, game development is expensive & they need to recoup their costs for making the third episode. I believe it will be downloadable DLC (so it will add-on to the current game), but don't quote me on that.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
sea land animals wrote:Although I am a relatively new player (I've been playing since 2.5), I am so happy that Wolfquest has continued to grow and teach people about these beautiful animals! :wolf: Also, will the third episode become a new game and will it be free?
I do not believe the third episode will be free. After all, game development is expensive & they need to recoup their costs for making the third episode. I believe it will be downloadable DLC (so it will add-on to the current game), but don't quote me on that.
Even if it isn't free, I'll cough up however much I need to support the production to the new episode. This is my dream come true! It would be almost rude not to spare a generous tip.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Wow, I'm so happy to hear that an episode 3 is coming! I hope WolfQuest continues to grow this year and next year!

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:21 pm

If it does end up having to be paid for, I'm fine with that. In fact, I'm fine with paying for anything that would be considered DLC like whole new episodes. Updates, not so much, which is why I am glad I don't have to pay for those. But as for other DLC:

I'm fine with paying for new episodes and new coat colors/aesthetic stuff.

Dovabear9
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Dovabear

Post by Dovabear9 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 am

Oh wow, I am so excited! I have one question however, if you have bought 2.7 will episode 3 have to be paid for? I just bought it. I am a moderately new player [I kind of started at the beginning of development for 2.5]. I'm really proud of you all and excited for episode three.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 am

Episode 3 will be DLC for purchase. We haven't decided on the price yet--it'll depend on the size and scope of the episode--but at the moment I'd imagine around $5-$6 more or less.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements”