WQ 2.7: User accounts

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

User avatar
Fawn1997
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 am
Gender: Female
Location: Ireland.

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Fawn1997 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Question; if there is one copy of the game (to be shared between siblings), can both play multiplayer together on the same server?

Kipcha28
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am
Gender: Female
Location: Probably at my computer.

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Kipcha28 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Fawn1997 wrote:Question; if there is one copy of the game (to be shared between siblings), can both play multiplayer together on the same server?
Nope, you would need two different accounts to play together.

smitty
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 am
Gender: Male
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by smitty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Jolly good show Dave! I was worried in the begining for the removal of the lexicon chat, however. With the implemented chat for phrase, and the account for MP including what was mentioned has ceased my slight worry.

Can't wait, wish the downloading went by faster >.<

567
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by 567 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:48 am

I put in the wrong birthdate for my new user account, how do i change that?

User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by loboLoco » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:57 am

567 wrote:I put in the wrong birthdate for my new user account, how do i change that?
You can't, sorry. You'll have to go through the Agecheq procedure. I'm sorry, but we would be liable for major penalties from the US Government if we didn't follow that law strictly.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

User avatar
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Name: “Dusk”
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by duskypack » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:47 pm

I would love a little notification for when you receive a message!

User avatar
WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by WolfOfOz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:26 pm

I am extremely sorry if this has been answered.

So, what will happen to these accounts?

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Masika » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:06 pm

WolfOfOz wrote:I am extremely sorry if this has been answered.

So, what will happen to these accounts?
Assuming you mean current accounts and not 2.7 accounts - they will stay around despite them not being linked to 2.7. They can always be used for 2.5 multiplayer, for those who are unable to get the full version of 2.7 (since multiplayer is only available in the full version). Besides, how else can you communicate on the forum without your account? ;]

User avatar
WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 am
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by WolfOfOz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Makes sense!
Looking forward to multiplayer, I'm installing the full version in 2 days.

User avatar
7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:55 pm
Name: Elliott
Gender: Nonbinary

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:18 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
WolfOfOz wrote:I am extremely sorry if this has been answered.

So, what will happen to these accounts?
Assuming you mean current accounts and not 2.7 accounts - they will stay around despite them not being linked to 2.7. They can always be used for 2.5 multiplayer, for those who are unable to get the full version of 2.7 (since multiplayer is only available in the full version). Besides, how else can you communicate on the forum without your account? ;]
How/where would we set up a 2.7 account? (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.)

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Masika » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 pm

wolfbeta7 wrote:How/where would we set up a 2.7 account? (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.)
You will register a 2.7 account on the actual game itself. When you've loaded up WolfQuest, on the title screen there is a button saying 'log in''. Once this button has been clicked, a screen will load showing two options; one to log into your account and one to register, all you need to do is click the register button and follow the prompts from there. I hope this helps! :]

Kipcha28
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am
Gender: Female
Location: Probably at my computer.

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Kipcha28 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:43 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
wolfbeta7 wrote:How/where would we set up a 2.7 account? (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.)
You will register a 2.7 account on the actual game itself. When you've loaded up WolfQuest, on the title screen there is a button saying 'log in''. Once this button has been clicked, a screen will load showing two options; one to log into your account and one to register, all you need to do is click the register button and follow the prompts from there. I hope this helps! :]
Note that it will ask for a game key, which can be found on itch.io. You can get to it by following the "download" link in your email, or else by logging in to itch.io, clicking on the dropdown next to your account name at the top of the page, and clicking "My Purchases" and then the "download" link.

Spottedfern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Spottedfern » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Everytime i try to register the username block turns red. What should I do?

User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Neamara » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:23 am

@Spottedfern: Make sure your desired username does not exceed 13 characters, and make sure it doesn't contain special characters or symbols. I don't believe the latter are usable in game accounts... but they are (to my awareness) permitted to use letters and numbers.

User avatar
Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 am
Name: Arcturus
Gender: Gender neutral
Location: A blue box

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by Arcturus221B » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:46 am

How long does it take for the confirmation email to arrive? I tried to make an account today, but I'm still waiting for the email. I'm starting to think I might have misspelled it ^^'7

Post Reply

Return to “WolfQuest News, Announcements, and Contests”