(3.0) Where is your territory?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Where's your preferred territory (roughly)?

Center
36%
Northwest
36%
Northeast
21%
Southwest
7%
Southeast
No votes

Total votes: 14

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

(3.0) Where is your territory?

Post by duskypack » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Perhaps my favorite part of the new Slough Creek is the flexibility with your territory. I love that it can be wherever you want and that you can continue to modify it to fit your needs even after winter. I have a bad habit of taking forever to initially choose my territory hexes during the quest and then completely changing it again after the pups are born.

My first territory is in the northwestern part of the map, stretching from Mcbride Lake down to Little Butte and up west into the forests above Upland Meadows (the old location names are just for reference). It started more towards the center but stretched up toward the northwestern corner as time went on.

My second territory is in the southwestern part, stretching from the Bison Peak area, westward to Canyon Cliffs (I've always loved the area and I'm thrilled to have a den there) and northward up to Saddle Meadows. I'm currently modifying it to stretch a little higher north to fully incorporate the Saddle Meadows area.

I've found that I prefer the southern woodlands to the northern woodlands, even if it does have less creeks and ponds. The aspen groves are lovely.

What about you? Where's your territory, and do you prefer a specific region of the map? Do you choose a territory primarily based on aesthetics or on convenience?
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

-Wolfdog-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Gold

Re: (3.0) Where is your territory?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:04 am

Will link to a screenshot for a better description, however my southernmost territory almost touches Little Butte while my northernmost is on McBride river. It’s a relatively tiny territory in comparison to the other wolves but it gets the job done! My territory is kind of in the center of the map.

ABNUS

LUMI

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Initially center-west at the "Saddle Meadows"-ish site, but I've since decided to establish territory in the northeast region after discovering the location of the den in the trailer. 8)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Wiki Fandom Official Discord Reddit

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:12 pm

Neamara wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:03 pm
Initially center-west at the "Saddle Meadows"-ish site, but I've since decided to establish territory in the northeast region after discovering the location of the den in the trailer. 8)

I think I'm still intimidated by the eastern part of the map – I haven't even looked around there yet! By the looks of it, it seems that most people are staying around the general area of the original map. I guess old habits die hard.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Post by SamueWolfSword » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 am

So far I`ve mostly stuck around the area of the original map and claimed that as my territory. I found a really cool rock den there, at Aspen Heights, that reminds me of a castle and overlooks the original map. Problem is, the area of the original map gets pretty flooded in the spring and swimming can be annoying, especially when prey escape to the water. However, I can just hunt to the north or east until the water level gets low enough.
I named my first den Bison Creek because it was in the area of the original game`s Bison Peak and East Creek dens
Ooo- Signature!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler