Share your latest Wolfquest game!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Share your latest Wolfquest game!

Post by duskypack » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:42 pm

(I don't recall a topic of this nature being around but I only looked a few pages back so, moderators, feel free to lock and point me to it if there's a topic with the same concept)

It's a very simple concept but I thought it'd be neat for us to talk about our most recent Wolfquest games! Each of them is always rather different and it's neat to see how experiences can vary so much ^_^

I'll start -

Some Background:

I don't play Wolfquest very often anymore but when I do, they're always co-op multiplayer games that I host to have an hour or so of enjoyable, cooperative gameplay with random stranger. They're all identical in setup. They're always a) on Bring It On, with the game title reflecting that, b) at the Aspen Heights den, c) on Phrase Chat, because I'm always tickled to see how players will often communicate using body language and emotes, instead of chatting and d) always begin with some stockpile hunting in the hunting ground in winter before the pups come, to get players used to working together and to weed out any trolls/pupkillers/difficult people as they grow too impatient to last it through the winter. I feel like there's unique connections in that way, which are definitely needed since it's the longest and most difficult a Co-Op game can be. Each time they're always very, very different because they're always dependent on who joins. It's a fun idea if anyone wants to try it for themselves!

This time around only a couple people lasted through the hunting session, and they stayed with me for almost the entire time. It's always fun to have a tiny amount of people taking care of pups on really hard difficulties because working together is needed and there's more camaraderie. We barely chatted, but emotes and body language was sufficient and the pup-rearing was harmonious.

People suddenly started flooding in as we reached the Rendezvous mission, many of them helpful but one of them...not so much. This person was difficult from the beginning, insisting that we not leave and generally wreaking havoc, so I had ample warning that this was going to be a difficult person. We made it to the river rather neatly, and then the person killed a pup. They got kicked and, thankfully because of my excessive saving habit, the pup was restored. I always rather save to prevent disaster then kick, so to make sure that no one innocent gets kicked out for no reason. Better to be too slow to kick but still restore the pup then to be suspicious at all times. One mistake I did make was neglecting to use the Warn feature, which I entirely forgot about.

I had to restart the game, though, so everyone was lost and no one else came for a while. I suddenly became a single mother with barely enough food to keep my pups alive (game host protip: never feed your pups instead of in emergencies. having a bellyful of food will help you to save drowning pups, save starving pups and force people to drop them if they're running off with them). Thankfully a bunch of kind strangers flooded in and were able to hunt and feed my children right before they died. I was leery of all of them but eventually just had to let go and let them do their thing and it turned out that all of them were kind, friendly and capable and my children were saved, didn't starve and weren't drowned. Huzzah. The whole game reminded me to save continuously but also give everyone the benefit of the doubt because I've probably had 11 people cycle through that game and only one was a pup-killer.

...In hindsight, I should've noticed that person was a pup-killer from the beginning after they ran at a coyote with a pup in their move like some bizarre sacrificial ritual.

Share yours!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Re: Share your latest Wolfquest game!

Post by Black Burn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Awesome topic! I'll be posting here a lot! single player counts right?

I was playing as my main wolf Blackburn, he's black and very large. I was in Slough Creek with his mate and at the sandbar crossing, there were a few elk carcasses laying around with two or three moose. I had been hunting moose that spawned there and had killed quite a few! We had chose the East Creek den and wasn't bothering on marking the territory yet, just hunting. I was actually following the WolfQuest RP thread that I participate in, so that's were it ended....

Kinda short really.. But it was a few days ago I played and don't remember all the details...
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

My most recent WolfQuest game was a multiplayer level with TimberRaven. We were using phrase chat, but it was actually kinda fun. We would communicate occasionally with tail wags and play bows.

It was a raise pups server, hosted by Timber. We used the slough creek den, and the pups were called Tango, Emily, Pyro and Thunder (I didn't get to name any of them). All four pups survived and successfully made it to the rendezvous site.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:27 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:My most recent WolfQuest game was a multiplayer level with TimberRaven. We were using phrase chat, but it was actually kinda fun. We would communicate occasionally with tail wags and play bows.

It was a raise pups server, hosted by Timber. We used the slough creek den, and the pups were called Tango, Emily, Pyro and Thunder (I didn't get to name any of them). All four pups survived and successfully made it to the rendezvous site.
Was just about to post here about this game! XD Yeah it was fun, ForeverEverest's wolf was Toyletta. I was Orpah :3

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 am

TimberRaven wrote: Was just about to post here about this game! XD Yeah it was fun, ForeverEverest's wolf was Toyletta. I was Orpah :3
Heh, Toyletto. His name was kind of a joke. The story is he hates his full name, and always likes having it shortened to Toyl. I often use him for raise pups these days though. It was fun playing with Orpah, after reading about her.

A few other people joined the level, and one of them was really good at defending the pups. I tried, but Toyletto kept becoming too badly injured, so I kinda had to distract the bears and cougars instead. Luckily, the other player was there to help chase them off.

When it came to crossing the river, there was a coyote on the other side. I went to deal with it before the pups were carried across. Luckily, everyone in the server seemed to be good at carrying the pups, and none drowned. They also appeared to be in good condition afterwards.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 am

A wonderful game with Timber! Her wolves name was Cello, I was Blackburn. A private phrase chat game in Slough Creek: winter. We first played a game of tag, then hide n' seek, then we hunted in the bison peak hunting grounds. There we took down the entire herd (including the bull!). After that it switched to text chat, we then just said a lot of random things.

Before that was a game with a user called Rockstar49, just met them today. It didn't last long though because I had to go soon.

Before that a game with.... Someone who was XP hunting in LR, killed a few cow elk but I crashed because too many people joined.

Before that a game with Everest! She was a wolf called Storm, I was Blackburn still. We hunted the hole herd of Saddle Meadows, but then Everest had to leave.

I think before that I was joining a game with AlphaSnake (YellowstoneWolves1 here). I think I startled them when I said hello YellowstoneWolves1! They wanted to know who I was, so I said BB from the forums. I then left when they started RPing as Greek gods?

Before that there were a few more games, I made some friends in some.

The first game I joined today was with a user called LycanQueen, she seemed really nice and fun to play with! Another wolf joined, who looked a lot like Blackburn with the same stats, but I can't remember their name (it'll come to me at 3:27 in the morning..!)

So that's almost all of them, I joined a lot of games today... Which reminds me how tired I am...
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri May 11, 2018 4:30 am

I played a level with Black Burn yesterday. We didn't get long because his phone's battery power died, but we still had fun. First we caught a cow elk (which I herded to him while he was taking his dog out), then we went to Amethyst Mountain in search of the campfire. We were running around looking for it, then I noticed something in the distance. I went up to it, and sure enough, it was the campfire. We both got the achievement, but then Black Burns phone ran out of power pretty much straight after.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:23 am

I currently don’t have working internet at my house, so I decided to play some WolfQuest to pass the time. I’m currently playing as two different wolves right now: Sigrun, a female wolf and Vaka, a male.

Today I finally managed to find mates for both of them. Sigrun got a black wolf that I named Orri and Vaka got a white wolf that I named Karin. I moved onto Slough Creek with Vaka and Karin since I’ve become a bit attached to Sigrun and Orri.

I named Vaka and Karin’s pups Karl, Fred, Morgan, and Soley. Sadly, Soley ended up dying by surprise when a bear ended up taking her instead of any of the other pups that were near it. She was my favorite because of her name but rest in peace, Soley. Let’s just see what happens when it’s time for the pack to move.

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 pm

I've been playing with a wolf named Boulder, a grey male with lots of strength, 50% speed, and very little stamina. He's past 800 XP, but I'm not going to find a mate yet.

Just been chasing bears, hunting, and exploring AM really
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 pm

HEEHEEHEE
Me: >Joins< Hello.
Host: >Kicks me<

That was my latest game XD

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:28 am

• Update: I let a coyote kill Karl, I intentionally drowned Morgan in a river once I had reached the point on the map where we had to go since Karin is stupid and I just gave up at that point. Fred was the only survivor. I'm sorry, Morgan.

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:20 am

A really nice experience hunting multiplayer. There were six players, I think. We hunted down two bull mooses and two whole herds of elk together. I met some kind people and gained 2000 EXP. Unfortunately I got to go and exit the game as it was my lunch time :lol:

I also started a single player game yesterday, and today managed to find a mate and have pups, but I prefer multiplayer. Every time when I play single player I feel so alone, as my only companions are some AI virtual characters :lol: That's why I don't like challenging single player games, playing them is just...a bit uncomfortable. I know, it may be kind of weird.
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Siblaime wrote:I also started a single player game yesterday, and today managed to find a mate and have pups, but I prefer multiplayer. Every time when I play single player I feel so alone, as my only companions are some AI virtual characters :lol: That's why I don't like challenging single player games, playing them is just...a bit uncomfortable. I know, it may be kind of weird.
This is like the main reason I don't like SP XD/DX

Had a very interesting RP! It was a power play, I was part dragon (had wings and superhearing), and this other female character named WhisperWing (Alchileos) turned out to be my best RP buddy ^u^ she was a white wolf with feathered wings that changed color due to her emotions, I called them "moodring wings" and she laughed. XD It was really fun, until I fell through clouds and died in RP O.O XD

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:52 am

TimberRaven wrote:This is like the main reason I don't like SP XD/DX
But you have completed the game anyway, haven't you? I haven't. :lol: I started defending the den and killed one coyote. *That was easy. Oh wait, that's only the beginning. There's gonna be at least one grizzly.* :lol: So after that situation I saved the game and went to the main menu to play multiplayer, because I thought this mission's going to be too difficult for such a lame player as me lol
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 am

My most recent game was an SP game where I played as my wolf Isaac (who is named after Isaac Newton as it was the first name to come to mind) and I wanted to attempt the hares only challenge, but half way through my pups were starving and I switched to normal gameplay as there were absolutely no hares spawning. It was still a challenge though as I didn't prepare any carcasses.

My mate was named Gravity (going with the Isaac Newton theme) and the pups were Inertia, Calculus, Prism, and I forgot the other one's name but it had something to do with Isaac Newton's discoveries or something Isaac Newton studied. Calculus was the first to die, as a stranger wolf ate him and I couldn't do much about it as the game was lagging pretty bad. Then, I was on the journey with the remaining three pups and things were going pretty ok, and I made it to the creek. I saved the game and stopped playing for sometime, as the computer I was playing it on is pretty old and weak, resulting in lots of lag which tends to be the death of my pups when crossing the creek. Now, I've gotten my sister's computer as a hand me down and it runs much better than the family computer so I decided to finish the game. Unfortunately, Inertia died when I was crossing with her, I'm not even sure how because her health wasn't that low when she fell out of Isaac's mouth and I got the message that she died (it could partially have been that I'm a noob when it comes to what part of the creek is shallow enough to cross safely). Oh well. The other pup also died in the crossing because I didn't get around to feeding it (I ran out of food) and Gravity didn't feed it either, so it drowned really fast. Prism was the only pup that survived, and I finished the journey with her.

Hopefully next time I'll finally be able to complete the game with all four pups alive.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”