WolfQuest merchandise discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest merchandise discussion

Post by Pepper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

We have heard some interest in WolfQuest merchandise. We would love to hear more about what people might like. What kinds of merchandise: t-shirts, mugs...? What kinds of designs would be appealing?
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: WolfQuest merchandise discussion

Post by duskypack » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Besides a mug or shirt with the Wolfquest logo on it and/or the other wolf in the top left I wouldn't mind, say, a bracelet with a silhouette of one of those wolves. Maybe a cute bag with a print of the wrestling puppies? Hoodies are also super popular. If you could get the permission of the artists, you could also make something with the drawings people sent in for the contest or have a new contest where people design Wolfquest merch.

Stuffed animals or figurines are also a must. It'd be neat if instead of a generic grey wolf there could be the one of the in-game coats replicated as close as possible.A model of one of the Life is Rough costs would be pretty fantastic.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:10 pm

I would definitely enjoy a plush or stuffed toy.

I would willingly purchase posters and pictures as well!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Hoodies and tee shirts sound like solid ideas, seconding that! Baseball caps might be fun too, you could probably put the WQ logo on them pretty easily as well I imagine? (as in, the image looks like it'll translate to that common baseball cap sewing-image-thing, not that it would necessarily be cheap or whatever)
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Mugs!! We could have the different wolves on there in a 'running' clip, like a bunch of pictures almost like a laid out flip book but each step of the running wolf is a different coat design based on the wolves in-game and below it would have wolfquest's font logo. Also books like when the wolves returned, the Yellowstone wolves: the first year (my personal favorite), and decade of the wolf, also Yellowstone wolf books for kids like the ones they sell in the gift shops up there.
Go your own way

Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Keyyva » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:29 am

I'm glad to hear that you guys are thinking about starting up the store again!
Like said before, T-shirts, hoodies, clothing in general. I think the polygon wolf would look really cool on these: https://www.wolfquest.org/images/polygo ... asked2.png

I think giant stickers for laptop covers and walls would be cool. Posters and metal signs, ex; http://streetsignsplus.com/images/wolfcrossingnew2.JPG
I always liked images where they reference the game very subtlety, you had to have played the game to truly get it. So maybe a painting of the landscaping of a level, a real life sign of the Slough Creek Hiking sign.

Like the others have said, plushies are a very good idea - I was obsessed with them (still am). Small plastic figurines based on the game would also be cool: http://shop.wolfpark.org/wp-content/upl ... urines.jpg
Ooh, also blankets and pillow cases.
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:02 am

Oh, neat! I was wondering if it'd ever come to having merch around again. I'd personally be mainly interested in little collectible items rather than wearables, such as mugs or notebooks. As others have said, you can never go wrong with plushies either. I love the figurine idea as well; it would be great if it were possible to get plastic figurines of the actual in-game models!

As for designs, I generally tend to like designs that actually work for the product rather than just being the logo or something (although that can't always hurt). I could give examples from another game's merch; I personally think this design just doesn't really work well on a shirt whereas this one is really neat.

If you want to avoid hassle surrounding merch, I suppose you could use one of those third party websites (like Redbubble and Teepublic, for instance) that allows you to upload designs that people can then choose on whatever they like. That would rule out plushies and other original merch, though.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 am

It'd be neat if there were keyrings, badges, [messenger] bags, mouse mats and stickers. Totally liking the plushies, posters, mugs and t-shirts suggestions!
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

Did the store have plushies once upon a time which were really popular or am I remembering wrong? Either way I think you can't go wrong with those or a figurine of a sort. Stickers would be great, and maybe some WQ-store-exclusive artist prints/posters could be cool. I generally collect merch rather than wear it, which is why I've got the WQ patch and the wolf necklace sitting on my desk rather than a t shirt in my wardrobe, but if there's a well-designed shirt that isn't just a logo, then I might be interested in something like that too. I'd personally prefer something like a key-ring over a mug however. Badges are always popular too.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:35 am

I love everyone's ideas! And yeah, I think the store did have wolf plushies, though I think they came from the MN Zoo store and weren't WQ exclusive.

Although, personally, I'd be happy with just a mug. Maybe the design on the mug can be clever, like the handle of the mug can be a wolf's ear or something? Maybe designs for t-shirts/mugs/etc can be a community contest or a collab/collage of WQ fan art? (with the artists' permission, of course)
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Regarding wearable designs, I second Anduril in going for something beyond/without the logo being the main focus. Having t-shirt designs that are painterly or exist as an artistic, stylized representation of the game would be more modern. I'd be interested in a hoodie. What about hats as well, or beanies? Maybe a beanie with wolf ears. Hm.

I do not know how popular laptop stickers are with younger audiences, but they are quite the trend at my college. I would recommend looking into those. I'd certainly buy one.

Collectible figurines and/or plushies representing the default wolf pelts as well as select new ones would be interesting. You could let the community decide which pelts they would like to see.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:01 am

It's great to see merchandise being considered! Personally, I really like the idea of collectible stuff like figurines or plushies (even though I shouldn't be allowed near collectibles because I can get very easily addicted to collecting). Plushies are probably something that would appeal to a lot of people, hard to go wrong with those. Posters or prints would be cool as well, especially if the community could get involved by submitting art to be used for them.

Echoing the idea of using designs referencing WQ instead of just the logo, as well. I'm really not a fan of merchandise that just has the logo on the item, but unique designs are really cool and imo work much, much better for wearable items than logos. Of course, there could still be merch that has just the logo, but it'd be nice if those weren't the only options for wearable stuff.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm

It would be really cool to reinstate the WQ store. I still own and treasure my original brown WQ t-shirt.

Echoing others, I would love to have a WQ laptop sticker! The decorations on my computer will be sorely lacking until they are accompanied by such a decal.

My obsessive plushie and figurine collector self would also be delighted to see some merchandize in this department. Perhaps a "family" of figurines with two adult wolves and some pups? Also, there are some very cool stone wolf fetishes that make for great collectables as well (says the person with 12 of them :oops: ).

Other ideas might include wolf socks or a WQ pin. I think the basic collection of t-shirts, hats, mugs, water bottles, and collectables would make a great selection. Wolvencall mentioned a "running clip" mug with different WQ coat colors... definitely one of my favorite suggestions!

Personally it doesn't matter much to me if it's just a logo (WQ does have a very cool logo) or if it more subtlety references the game. Some combination of both, such as one t-shirt with the logo and one without, might be a good compromise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Oh the ideas... Where shall I begin? I know! I'll make a bullet list!

~Hoodies (black, gray, white, brown)
~Mugs (black, white)
~Re-Usable Water Bottles (black, brown, white)
~Beanies (black, white, gray)
~Backpacks (prints of pups, print of snarling dispersal)

Any others?
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Definitely clothing like hoodies, t-shirts and such! I'd also love to see stickers, plushes, mugs, and keychains!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”