RESTORE the best view in Lost River!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

RESTORE the best view in Lost River!

Post by Rustic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Not sure where the best place to post this thread is. But I and several other players know that there is a glitch that allows for players to get into the area beyond the science lab and that you can even explore up the hills beyond there! To take a look at the BEST view in Lost River. This thread is meant as a petition to the game developers to KEEP this area open for users and maybe even make it an official area?
Here's a screenshot of the fabulous view to be seen from there!
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... wfx3nt.png

Same view in Daylight:
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... eruwgw.png

Map View:
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... mgv84w.png

EDIT: Seems that with the latest update to the game this area has been blocked off now. This is rather distressing, as this was done against the wishes of many players who wanted this area to remain accessible for the remarkable view I linked above. AND unlike other more 'hazardous' glitches that still remain in the game, prior to this update your wolf COULD move freely in that area and it did no harm as users could freely come and go from that area.

I can understand not wanting to keep a glitch in the game but as previously mentioned rather than closing OFF the area....it could have VERY easily been modified to be an official accessible area by making a hold in either the fence or surrounding wall. This plea has now been changed, in light of this most recent update to RESTORE this area, making it official so that wolves can once again enjoy this spectacular view in Lost River.
Last edited by Rustic on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: KEEP the best view in Lost River

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 pm

You'll need to post a direct link with Photobucket; posting the URL like that will not work. I am not sure which area you are talking about, but I am interested to see which one it is.
edit: yeah I've never been there; you might want to include a picture of the map as well?

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: KEEP the best view in Lost River!

Post by Rustic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Sorry Koa...should be fixed now...I accidentally copied the image one. Ahh ok I could go ahead and do a quick screenshot of the map. Though hopefully it is not going to result in the area being closed off....as that would be contrary to the purpose of the thread as I would like it kept for users to explore and see this remarkable view.

EDIT: Ok here's another screenshot of the view during daylight and as requested a screenshot of the map view though I hope it doesn't get the area closed off in a future patch. PLEASE don't deny us this WONDERFUL view!!!

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... eruwgw.png
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... mgv84w.png

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Last I checked, the team closed off the underwall gap (left side of the facility gate) entry point with the 2.7.2 update. If there are other entry points, please share! I've always considered the facility grounds to be the best hangout and I was pretty disappointed to see it patched. :x Maybe have an actual break in the wall that your wolf can legitimately pass through? I'd like to think that there's at least some deterioration to the walls and you just can't keep wildlife out if nature is reclaiming the land.

Support!
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:45 am

You are correct Neamara....on both points which is why I started thus thread as an appeal to make that area official and NOT close it iff again.

As far as I can tell it doesn't hurt anything bring over there you can freely move & don't get stuck and why deny us all that SPECTACULAR view!!! As you said it can easily be official via a hole in the wall or a fence.

Siooo I encourage anyone who has been there or continues to go there to post there support here so that the team keeps it open rather than closing it off again.

Obedear
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Obedear » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Hey, I see my wolf in that screenshot! I believe we were in that game together.
This glitch is really neat IMO, I hope it isn't taken out/fixed in future versions of the game.
Let me explain
This ugliness, this cruelty, this repulsiveness
It will all die out
And now, I cry for all that is beautiful

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks for posting Kosniese, and that's cool that you were one of the wolves in that first screenshot :D

IHopefully if enough people post here the area will remain open for all to see and explore. Spread the word!

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:57 am

There are a lot of areas walled off in LR, which is a real shame. You can't even reach the "real" edge of the map in most (if not all) areas. I did, however, manage to glitch behind the second waterfall on the two-step after some (a lot) of trial and error. You can reach quite a nice view from there, too. Buuuuut I got stuck. So.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

Obedear
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Obedear » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:04 am

Shiverdam wrote:There are a lot of areas walled off in LR, which is a real shame. You can't even reach the "real" edge of the map in most (if not all) areas. I did, however, manage to glitch behind the second waterfall on the two-step after some (a lot) of trial and error. You can reach quite a nice view from there, too. Buuuuut I got stuck. So.
I agree. I've also managed to glitch inside some buildings and behind one of the houses, past the fence. Not really too much to do though, but it's cool to mess around with.
Let me explain
It will all die out

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:58 am

Silverdam and Kosmiese you just reiterate my whole point when you mention getting stuck in other areas. You DON"T get stuck in the science area. You simply go back out the same way you get in :D AND you can freely move around a rather large area. It's almost as if this was initially intended to BE an area and then the designers changed their mind. As stated earlier all we would need is an official rather than a glitched way into the area.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:29 am

I'd love to know how to get in! I was disappointed to find that side of the fence patched off when the update came through... There are so many places in the Lost River where i feel like we should be able to freely enter. One place in particular being the Log Cabin. I'm grateful for what we do have, however, and I hope that LR will only keep improving.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Obedear
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Obedear » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:29 am

Rustic wrote:Silverdam and Kosmiese you just reiterate my whole point when you mention getting stuck in other areas. You DON"T get stuck in the science area. You simply go back out the same way you get in :D AND you can freely move around a rather large area. It's almost as if this was initially intended to BE an area and then the designers changed their mind. As stated earlier all we would need is an official rather than a glitched way into the area.
I didn't mention getting stuck in those other areas. I could easily wiggle my way out.
Let me explain
It will all die out

Seidou
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Seidou » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:43 am

I was so glad to see that this was a 'accessible' area of the Lost River Map. It's a shame that the area isn't exactly an area that anyone can visit if they are unaware of the access point. The view is amazing and it's a shame that we'll all have to miss out on this portion of the map if it is decided to be removed or blocked off (You know what I mean). It also adds another area to explore in the map which is never a bad thing to have in such an open game.
Again this is just an opinion. Thank you~

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Sorry Kosmiese didn't mean to imply that you were stuck....think it was actually Silver that was stuck....in any case thanks....and thanks to everyone who is posting on this thread showing support for keeping this area open and a viable area to visit in Lost River!!

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:45 am

I think it'd be really neat if you could get behind there freely. Like Neamara said, I think a hole in the fence or something might actually be a cool add-in.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”