WolfQuest Welcoming Commitee

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 am

*This idea was initally proposed by DreamerDay in the forum suggestions topic and I have been given approval by Neamara to start this group & post the topic for it*
What do we do?
The aim of the group is to welcome & greet new users to the website via PM. Through welcoming the new users, helpful information will be provided to them regarding both the game and the forum in an attempt to direct them to the best places for their needs (e.g. if they have questions about the game or forum, then through our welcoming message we will direct them to the Tips, Hints and Help section or to the Newbie Teacher Program if they want one-to-one help from an experienced user).

How can I be apart of the welcoming commitee?
Joining the commitee is relatively simple. In order to be apart of the welcoming commitee, you must PM me (SilverHybrid) the following form (this is so I'm aware of who is interested in joining the commitee and can log each user who is apart of it);

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]How active are you (rate yourself from 1-10):[/b]
[b]Why would you like to be apart of the welcoming commitee?:[/b]
[b]Do you agree with the expectations?[/b]
[b]Any suggestions on how the commitee can be improved?[/b]
[b]Anything else I need to know?:[/b]
Once you have sent in your application, you will be sent a confirmation PM within 1-2 days detailing that your form has been received and if you have met the requirements, you will be informed that you are apart of the commitee. If you have not met the requirements, you will be informed as this and you will not be accepted into the commitee until you have reached the requirements, excluding exceptional circumstances (e.g. user has switched accounts).

What are the requirements for joining the commitee?
The requirements for joining are as follows;
  • - 30 reasonable posts.
    - Been apart of the community for at least 2 months.

These requirements have been put into place to ensure that you have some awareness of both the game & forum, meaning that you'll be able to be as helpful as possible when welcoming new users. There may be exceptional circumstances in which these requirements may not completely restrict you joining; therefore, if there is an aspect that you feel falls under this, please let me know in the "Anything else I need to know?" section of the joining form.

What are the expectations for members of the commitee?
  • - Ensure that your activity is reasonable (inactivity in the commitee which exceeds 20 days will result in removal. You will have the opportunity to reapply, but there is no certainty that you will be re-accepted).
    - You must ensure that you are PMing a couple of new users each week.
    - Express knowledge about WolfQuest and ensure that the information you provide to new users is accurate.
    - Ensure that you are personable and friendly when welcoming new users.
    - Always have a positive attitude.
    - Follow all of the forum guidelines.
Current members of the commitee:
  • - SilverHybrid
    - CakeWolfy
    - Wolvencall
    - CaffeineCollie
Last edited by Masika on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Re: WolfQuest Welcoming Commitee

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 am

Awesome! I'm thinking of joining on this, because I love helping others!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:25 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:Awesome! I'm thinking of joining on this, because I love helping others!
Nice to see you expressing interest in the commitee! It would be great to start seeing people signing up for it. :]
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:37 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:Awesome! I'm thinking of joining on this, because I love helping others!
Nice to see you expressing interest in the commitee! It would be great to start seeing people signing up for it. :]
I would love to apply!

One question, will there be a format that we'll have to follow in our Welcome PMs?
Last edited by SilkenGalaxy on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Good to see someone finally started this up, it's been approved on the Forum Suggestions list for ages, heh. Good luck!
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello I also have an interest in joining, im normally on here a lot now except for during classes but I'd be totally up for it! I like introducing others to things in passionate about.
Go your own way

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Thinking about joining, but I already welcome everyong in the intro forum so not sure what else I can do here.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I might join if I can be more active in the future.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:55 am

CakeWolfy wrote:One question, will there be a format that we'll have to follow in our Welcome PMs?
Great question - I hadn't specified a format for people to follow since I wanted there to be some free reign over how people decide to structure their messages, so long as they include vital elements such as the forum guidelines. Although, if you think a format would be helpful, I'm more than happy to draft one up (I might do that along with a specification of compulsory things to be added in the messages, such as the forum guidelines as highlighted before).
Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Good to see someone finally started this up, it's been approved on the Forum Suggestions list for ages, heh. Good luck!
Thanks Tserin! I hope that the commitee will do well and manage to positively contribute to the community & the newer users. :D
Wolvencall wrote:Hello I also have an interest in joining, im normally on here a lot now except for during classes but I'd be totally up for it! I like introducing others to things in passionate about.
Skybreaker wrote:Thinking about joining, but I already welcome everyong in the intro forum so not sure what else I can do here.
Chumpkins_ wrote:I might join if I can be more active in the future.
Great to see you three expressing an interest! If you definitely do decide to apply, remember to just fill out the form on the first post and PM it to me. ~

Speaking of forms, we have our first welcoming commitee member - welcome CakeWolfy!

EDIT: Wolvencall has also joined the welcoming commitee - great to have you as a part of the group!
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 am

SilverHybrid wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:One question, will there be a format that we'll have to follow in our Welcome PMs?
Great question - I hadn't specified a format for people to follow since I wanted there to be some free reign over how people decide to structure their messages, so long as they include vital elements such as the forum guidelines. Although, if you think a format would be helpful, I'm more than happy to draft one up (I might do that along with a specification of compulsory things to be added in the messages, such as the forum guidelines as highlighted before).

Ah ok, that'll definitely help me out a quite a bit!

Aww, thanks so much for the welcome you guys! :3

DHumphrey
Pup
Pup

Post by DHumphrey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:28 am

This is an awesome idea! I would have loved to join this, except for the fact that I'm not active at all on the actual game (only on the forums) and that there seems to be many people here who know much more than me of the inner workings of the game.
I think this committee will definitely increase the time people will play the game (I, for one, would stop playing a game if I'm too confused about how to play it). I wish you success!
“Imitation is suicide.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile picture by Kyse (TheInfinite) (Humphrey from Alpha and Omega)
If I don't post in colour, it means I'm on mobile... just sayin'

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:27 am

DHumphrey wrote:This is an awesome idea! I would have loved to join this, except for the fact that I'm not active at all on the actual game (only on the forums) and that there seems to be many people here who know much more than me of the inner workings of the game.
I think this committee will definitely increase the time people will play the game (I, for one, would stop playing a game if I'm too confused about how to play it). I wish you success!
Just want to clarify that you don't have to be active in-game to be apart of the welcoming commitee; it only applies to the forums since it will involve PMing users on here (although, some knowledge about the game is useful). :]

Also, we have another new welcoming commitee member - please welcome CaffeineCollie!
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:53 am

Yay! Welcome CaffeineCollie!

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 am

Ooh, this looks fun! I love helping! I'm not joining right now but I might apply soon...

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:06 pm

Something crossed my mind, how would we know if someone already PMed a new member? We don't wanna bombard them with the same stuff, you know....

I'd would like to start off with helping others, but you never know when the person you're about to PM has already been PMed by somebody else XD

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”