If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Post by silvywolfy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:31 am

Ok, title says most. I basically want to know what changes you would want to make towards WolfQuest, forums or game.

If i were in charge, i would make the smileys in the forums wolves. And on the game I would enable more smileys on WolfQuest ( :| :D >:( etc.)
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

Suona Cheeri
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: If You Were In Charge Of Wolfquest...

Post by Suona Cheeri » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 am

Well in my opinion if I were in charge: I probably would add enabled wolf pups into the multiplayer. That would be so fun and cute.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Given that a lack of funds (unfortunately) has the game in certain hiatus, any changes I'd make would primarily be to the forums, and since most of the staff are on limited time, it would be done with patience.

The first thing I'd do is trash the Forum Suggestions thread and make a new one. The topic has had its gaps here and there and at times it feels more or less abandoned... it would be nice to have just a fresh start altogether. Something new to the forums would be implemented every Monday until things picked up, i.e. more html options, possibly a rule or two revised, etc. so it'd give the community something to look forward to, at least, even though it would be small. It is better than nothing. In addition to that new ritual, I would also start a log that users could look at any changes made in those weekly updates.

I'd be open to re-investigating the discussions for opening up trial roleplaying boards as well (yes, imagine that) so long as the moderator situation was stabilized and active moderators were in place or new ones recruited, if able. I'd either reboot "mini-contests" around the forum (i.e. The Magic Word Game -- not sure if that is even active anymore) or, when the time would be available, to start a new forum-wide contest with the moderators' help since again, I'd be on limited time and the moderators should be fairly active individuals when I cannot be as dedicated due to restraints with the job.

Those changes may seem small or vague to you, but they would be feasible even with the restraints that come with the job if moderators could be given/encouraged to partake in more things and activities, although some permissions would have to shift a bit to accommodate such a routine. I'd rather do that then let the forum go to waste, though.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 pm

The pups in multiplayer would be nice, and so would a trial RolePlay board. I feel that the ability to post images would also be nice. I realize that this was abused in the past, but I feel that we should get another chance. More HTML options to personalize posts would be nice as well.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 am

well, i would change the game a little. i would not have soooo many coyotes running around stealing my puppies, and i would make the glitches go away. ooh, maybe some more dens!
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

pyrate
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by pyrate » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Like Koa, I would make the changes towards the forum, and not the game.
If I where in charge of Wolfquest, I would start a fundraising activity in order to get some more money for the forums so that there could be more buttons/forums on this website. Some of the buttons would be reporting profiles, having a button that requests having a topic locked - only accessible by the user, etc. Some of the new topics that I would make would be such like a fan topic, a topic for different languages to talk with each other, but only in that certain topic/forum.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 pm

-Crowley wrote:Like Koa, I would make the changes towards the forum, and not the game.
If I where in charge of Wolfquest, I would start a fundraising activity in order to get some more money for the forums so that there could be more buttons/forums on this website. Some of the buttons would be reporting profiles, having a button that requests having a topic locked - only accessible by the user, etc. Some of the new topics that I would make would be such like a fan topic, a topic for different languages to talk with each other, but only in that certain topic/forum.
phpbb3, which is what the forum uses, does not allow the use of other languages other than English. So that wouldn't be a possiblity.

The button for requesting topics locked is a good idea, though. o:

pyrate
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by pyrate » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Koa wrote:
-Crowley wrote:Like Koa, I would make the changes towards the forum, and not the game.
phpbb3, which is what the forum uses, does not allow the use of other languages other than English. So that wouldn't be a possiblity.

The button for requesting topics locked is a good idea, though. o:
The idea for having the topics locked isn't my idea, it was another person's on the forum suggestion topic. Oh, I didn't know that phpbb3 only allowed English.

Skylerwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Where Da Cajuns Live And the SugarCane Strawberries and cotton grow

Post by Skylerwolf » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 pm

The First Thing i would do is i would make pups in wolf quest online, make a button so you can mark your territory in multiplayer then if posible i will make hunting less laggy and the water less glitchy and work on the crashes and if you want i can throw in when yur making a chat you can post a sie picture of the topic and if you post something that doesnt involve the chat rp or chat then you will be asked to make another and if you keep doing it we will take away time of posting pictures for your chats ( sorry for the word mistakes)

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by silvywolfy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Skylerwolf wrote:The First Thing i would do is i would make pups in wolf quest online, make a button so you can mark your territory in multiplayer then if posible i will make hunting less laggy and the water less glitchy and work on the crashes and if you want i can throw in when yur making a chat you can post a sie picture of the topic and if you post something that doesnt involve the chat rp or chat then you will be asked to make another and if you keep doing it we will take away time of posting pictures for your chats ( sorry for the word mistakes)
I agree with water and marking territory in MP. I think water is seriously annoying, and ruins the MP fun.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

silvywolfy wrote:
Skylerwolf wrote:The First Thing i would do is i would make pups in wolf quest online, make a button so you can mark your territory in multiplayer then if posible i will make hunting less laggy and the water less glitchy and work on the crashes and if you want i can throw in when yur making a chat you can post a sie picture of the topic and if you post something that doesnt involve the chat rp or chat then you will be asked to make another and if you keep doing it we will take away time of posting pictures for your chats ( sorry for the word mistakes)
I agree with water and marking territory in MP. I think water is seriously annoying, and ruins the MP fun.
I noticed the water glitches during 2.5. beta testing. I'm fairly certain there was an update regarding water with Unity that caused it, unfortunately..

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by silvywolfy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Koa wrote:
silvywolfy wrote:
I noticed the water glitches during 2.5. beta testing. I'm fairly certain there was an update regarding water with Unity that caused it, unfortunately..
That is very unfortunate. It seriously causes people to leave Chats, I seriously think if they ever make a new episode, that should be the first thing to fix.

Kate13
Pup
Pup

Post by Kate13 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 am

If I was in charge of WolfQuest, I would make A Victorious Chat in the forum.

More smilies allowed, more words allowed (Not the bad ones and ones that are abused), I would make more ideas :mrgreen:

Joslyn1111
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Joslyn1111 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 pm

If I were in charge I would raise money to create a wolf quest app. I would make the app just like the real wolf quest just like mine craft how it has the computer version and the app. This will make wolf quest on the go thing if we can't be on the computer if we are gone that would be so much fun if we can ACCTUALY play wolf quest on the app. That will be the best app in the world I can already imagine this.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, I would do the same thing as Silvywolfy, as well as make some major changes to the chat filters, wolf controls, and forums. By forum changes, I mean allowing actual WolfQuest screenshots to be posted in the correct forum; not just links or descriptions. That way, photo-sharing sites, which many users do and DON'T use, will not be required.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”