Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: Older Versions of WolfQuest - General Discussion

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am

I have vivid memories of playing the 1.0 demo with a black wolf I named Lance (or possibly Leo? It's been a while, hah) for no particular reason.

I also remember playing 1.5 multiplayer leading up to the Slough Creek release-- people used to pretend the fallen trees in The Burn were dens XD
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 am

oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Oh dear, I was way off :P
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:21 am

I started playing shortly after the release of Amethyst Mountain Deluxe. I remember almost never getting multiplayer to work at the time, and I'd feel a little jolt when it finally connected to a server.

I spent a significant amount of time in single player for that reason, I think. In hindsight, there was not that much to do in the game yet at the time, but my 12-year old self was enchanted.
alethe wrote:oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”
Wasn't that the Moon Tree as well? Or is that a different one? My memory is awful.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:57 am

paperpaws wrote:I started playing shortly after the release of Amethyst Mountain Deluxe. I remember almost never getting multiplayer to work at the time, and I'd feel a little jolt when it finally connected to a server.

I spent a significant amount of time in single player for that reason, I think. In hindsight, there was not that much to do in the game yet at the time, but my 12-year old self was enchanted.
alethe wrote:oh gosh, i remember that! I think the oldest one I played was 1.5, too. I also remember a bunch of warrior cats rps — they used that one dead tree by the pond as the “fourtrees!”
Wasn't that the Moon Tree as well? Or is that a different one? My memory is awful.
Moon Tree is in a corner up by Amethyst Mountain. I don’t recall any water there. I’m assuming they instead used the tree close to where you spawn in Amethyst Mountain.

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

• When were 1.0 and 1.5 released, by the way?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Based on the game's patch notes 1.5.0 released on April 23 2008. Although the earliest version in that document is 1.1.0, 1.0.0 seems to have been omitted. I *think* that build would have been either the demo that launched on October 31 2007 or the full release that launched on December 21 2007, if not something much, much earlier. These dates are sourced from the Wikipedia article. The few videos of the original game I could find from the demo period only have release dates printed; they lack any kind of version information completely.

Update: Added full patch notes from all applicable Legacy builds to the WQ Wiki's WolfQuest (Legacy) Updates article for preservation purposes.
Attachments
WQ_AMD_Release_Notes.txt
Release notes distributed with 1.6.X.
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Neamara wrote:Based on the game's patch notes 1.5.0 released on April 23 2008. Although the earliest version in that document is 1.1.0, 1.0.0 seems to have been omitted. I *think* that build would have been either the demo that launched on October 31 2007 or the full release that launched on December 21 2007, if not something much, much earlier. These dates are sourced from the Wikipedia article. The few videos of the original game I could find from the demo period only have release dates printed; they lack any kind of version information completely.
  • Thank you, dear Neam!

Well, looks like I joined the year that Slough Creek was released, so I can't really make any comments about the older versions because I was a baby at that time and didn't care about what version it was. I still have 2.5.

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 am

Actually, what these "alas" and "led" terms came from? :wink: Lass and lad, I guess?
I remember when I was playing WQ 2.5 several years ago, I was on a multiplayer server, someone joined and asked me "is your wolf alas or led?". I got confused and that player explained it to me like "alas pink, led blue" :D I really could never understand why plain, common words like male/female were banned.
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:07 pm

prokmely wrote:Actually, what these "alas" and "led" terms came from? :wink: Lass and lad, I guess?
I remember when I was playing WQ 2.5 several years ago, I was on a multiplayer server, someone joined and asked me "is your wolf alas or led?". I got confused and that player explained it to me like "alas pink, led blue" :D I really could never understand why plain, common words like male/female were banned.
Ahahaha, when I first joined multiplayer back when 2.5 was around, I was frequently met with the same question, and I was confused as well, haha.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”