Pack Or Loner?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Re: Pack Or Loner?

Post by Khia 112 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:43 pm

I usually go as a traveling loner, but if I'm in the mood for it sometimes I'll join a pack.

Although I love coming up with hunting strategies as a pack--for a while, in a pack, we would have one of us chase the elk to the rest of them who were waiting to attack from the front near the den.
Then we often chased it to the edge of the map so it couldn't get away.
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

DiamondD
Pup
Pup

Post by DiamondD » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm always a loner. I find its to much of a hassle being in a pack... course, if its multiplayer, I'll always ask the host first, just to make sure if its okay for me to be a loner.
What even is a signature? I'm not creative.. stop shoving creativity on me. :c

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 pm

At MP I rather be playing as a pack than a loner; at the end the point of MP is interact with other users and playing as a loner would be no fun.

Here at the Community I like having a pack but at certain point it includes too many responsibilities (if you are a pack leader and organize contests for example).

lunarwolf050
Pup
Pup

Post by lunarwolf050 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:27 pm

I used to be a loner I'm in a pack though I like them both although being in a pack is very fun to be around with others but at the same time when your loner you can do what you want without an alpha around but right now I like being a pack memeber :3
Moved WQ Account. New User: Zayree

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:13 am

I always enjoy playing MP with friends. That was the whole reason I started my pack on Pack Central waaay back in the day -- so we could play together on a regular basis. Although, MP isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. But, that's because people wanted more challenge and they fixed the glitches. :/ I remember when Moonikinz, Nature Girl, aravir, and I used to spend as much time as we could killing every single elk we could when the first WolfQuest came out. It was sooo easy and fun to do. XD You'd have a hill or field full of dead elk.

So, for me playing the game with friends was a lot more fun -- but unfortunately as time went on, it became such a challenge to play with friends because of connection issues. Being in a pack & stuff is fun, but just as Sintact mentioned, as a leader, it can be a lot more work. And for me with the amount of I put into it trying to keep it wolf/WolfQuest-related -- it was just too much with the growing lack of interest from the majority of pack members. Would I do it again? Maybe -- I do enjoy getting people together and do fun activities/contests. Especially if it's educational --- I've done a lot of animal health/training lectures...and have always enjoyed making learning fun for kids ((used to want to be a teacher at one point). But there has to be enough participation and passion from the other side too.

But yeaaaah, pack parties all the way! :]
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 am

I agree with the above posts, I enjoy being a leader of a few packs, and actually being part of too many to count on, though I keep my hopes up and still have time to do so.
Though for MP, it's a tough decision I'd rather prefer being a loner, since I encounter those looking for a 'mate' and don't pursue in being one with those. Though interacting with friends is also a great way and spending time with those friends as a pack. I enjoy it, though most of the time it always involves hunters somewhere along the lines. Keeping it wolf related is kinda hard for those who like to use imagination, especially in a pack held together, I remember a few users that used to play WQ all the time back in '09. cats2, and queen Kira(I believe it's kira..) aka Legolas, though that name is filtered or at least a lot of names that have been used then were. But we had a great time then, now with packs it can differ.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 pm

in sp i am a loner with a mate
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Miruna
Pup
Pup

Post by Miruna » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 pm

I prefer to be a loner. I'm not interested in RPing here (I'd rather just write about Miruna), and I find I get more immersed in the game if I'm on my own.

Hiddenwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Hanging with the pack in Lamar Valley or tearing it up in Johnson Valley.

Post by Hiddenwolf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:05 pm

I love to play as a loner. It is a lot of fun.
Desert Wolf Pack Rules!!!
Long live WolfQuest!!!

Kit-Tick
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kit-Tick » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Really, there are benefits to both Packs and Loners. But if you're asking my opinion... I'd probably choose the Packs side.
Loners have the advantage of more opportunities in MP but it's quite hard hunting for things when you're a loner.
I find that, when you're a loner you get to explore and observe the surrounding area more. But naturally, it really depends
if I want to be a solitary type of wolf (to be independent) or if I want to be part of a group.
Packs, on the other hand, also have different types of opportunities that you can take part in.
For example, role playing as a pup or an adult or even taking part in the lead roles of the story, really.
But the disadvantage to that is that some people actually have trouble on socializing that quickly...
In pack role plays, the dominant person usually takes over and the 'runt' type of people tend to slink in the back round, if you know what I mean. I, personally, am a type to 'slink' in the back round seeing as I am new... So really a lot of consideration is brought on this topic... haha. Maybe I'm thinking too deep?
Anyway... I'd rather choose a pack though. A pack is a place where a person like me belongs really. In my opinion, sometimes there so isn't much choice in being a loner. In the MP's I've been in in the past, it always seemed like the pack unintentionally shove the loner out of their discussions. I myself don't like that idea but some people have more confidence than me so it's understandable that they quickly 'get into the game'.
I'm sorry if I droned on and on. Haha...
Life is a simplified lie
Death is a complicated truth

In the Veil of Conviction:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=66217

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 am

I prefer loner, though if friends from MP are on, then i'm a pack.

TheBlue
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheBlue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Well actually I'm more of a pack wolf who was boasted out for a reason.... Now I'm a loner in search of a pack. I like hanging out with wolves that are on wq a lot cause it makes me comfortable knowing that they won't run out on you, me as myself I'm on wq often and check this site for updates all the time ^.^
Blue - female, _loner_, dark blue fur, light blue eyes, stubborn, nice.
Feralheart:WolfTwirls
Youtube:ThaBIue

spruce1245
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by spruce1245 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:45 pm

For me, it is pack unless im in single player then loner, it depends.
....................Safren
...When life brings you mysteries
.................Solve them
.................Avatar[c]Koa
..............Signature[c]Xiald

*member since 2007, previous account*

also known as:
safren
infinity
zorak
ohanzee

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:22 am

Actually i like pack because u can do more things then loner besides getting killing within another pack

Leopardstar919
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Standing behind you with a sniper rifle >:D (Hint... RUN! :333)

Post by Leopardstar919 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Eh, I would rather prefer a loner. Not sure why...
Avvie: snowywolf101
Siggie: Me

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”