Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you like non-wolf RolePlays?

Yes, I only go to non-wolf RolePlays!
1%
Yes, but I don't always go to non-wolf RolePlays.
41%
No, I do not like non-wolf RolePlays.
32%
No, I hate non-wolf RolePlays!
25%

Total votes: 75

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Post by Noctis_ » Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm

alethe wrote:eh, they’re easy enough to avoid if you don’t want to rp in them, so frankly as long as they’re following the rules it shouldn’t matter.
There's nothing wrong with them rules-wise, but I personally wouldn't use/join them for non-wolf roleplaying.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 am

I never roleplay and find it weird. Most of the time people aren't even moving their wolf they are just sleeping and using the chat function.

TimberRaven
Name: Elarion

Post by TimberRaven » Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Lebron BMT wrote:I never roleplay and find it weird. Most of the time people aren't even moving their wolf they are just sleeping and using the chat function.
AHAHAHA yes, this --all the time. They're on the other side of the map, but pretending to be right here eating off my ears -_- ..for no reason XD

Most games I host just turns into a really goofy chat. Jokes are being cracked everywhere and everyone is posting SPAM, no one's RPing properly and it's just laughter from us all. I like chatting games, but I do like RPing too.
«— • · . . . ` · . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ . . . · • —»
· •Welcome to my blue cage • ·
· • // . . . . . . · ´ ` · . . · ´ ` · . . . . . . \\ • ·
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm

I don't mind Non-Wolf Rps, personally. When I'm in a spontaneous sort of mood, I'll join them, even. It's a great place to get to know a different selection of Role-players, and perhaps even roleplay outside of WolfQuest. Although, when I first encountered these kinds of games/role-players, I was a little confused too.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:16 am

I personally prefer to stick to wolf role-plays. I have nothing against non-wolf role-plays, I just find it's a little strange when there's a wolf in front of me and it's apparently not a wolf.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:33 am

Eh. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of non-wolf roleplays on this game, believe me it's fun to play as a dragon and whatnot, but wolfquest is rather limited to wolves. I wonder why some of the people who do want to roleplay as something else in this game when there are so many other games that could use their support and have other players, where said games are also for what animals the people want to play as. I don't hate them, they are just trying to play with imagination, as any person would do, but I wish they could try enjoying it in a game where you can actually play as those creatures mentioned in games.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

TimberRaven

Post by TimberRaven » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Snow130 wrote:Eh. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of non-wolf roleplays on this game, believe me it's fun to play as a dragon and whatnot, but wolfquest is rather limited to wolves. I wonder why some of the people who do want to roleplay as something else in this game when there are so many other games that could use their support and have other players, where said games are also for what animals the people want to play as. I don't hate them, they are just trying to play with imagination, as any person would do, but I wish they could try enjoying it in a game where you can actually play as those creatures mentioned in games.
I was once forced to play as a dragon. To be ridiculous, I played as a "girl" dragon, I was bright pink and this weird player kept giving me mascara XD welp I hated it
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:44 am

I play Dungeons & Dragons but I like wolf roleplaying better.
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm personally not into non-wolf roleplays as the point of WQ is to live the life of a wolf, but I just kinda leave those folks be, they're just having fun and as long as they're not breaking the rules. Although it would make more sense if they roleplayed in a game where they can actually play as the animal they want to play as or on a forum or something...

The_Wumbologist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Bethany

Post by The_Wumbologist » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:19 am

I don't exactly like them, but I don't mind them either. I think part of the reason people to non-wolf roleplays on WolfQuest is because of the ability to walk around and interact with the environment, which can make for easier visualization and determination of a setting. For example, it would be easier to roleplay as a human in Lost River, even if you technically have wolf avatar, as opposed to visualizing the entire neighborhood + wilderness (camping, anyone?) yourself in a forum post. Same thing goes for dragons, warrior cats, bears, and other wild animals Slough Creek. Plus, in this game you don't have to pay for things like avatars and maps like in Second Life, making WolfQuest a convenient environment for "3D roleplay."

I still don't go to them, though. Not my style.

Hanjax70
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hanjax70 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:21 pm

I'm fine with them. It can be fun roleplaying as a stray dog.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Personally, non-wolf roleplays just confuse me. I used to enjoy RP back in the day and still do on occasion if I find the right people, but like a lot of people have said it just seems odd to roleplay horses or dragons or what have you in a wolf game. There's lots of other sites, games and forums that make it easier for people to do this. Buuut then again a majority of roleplayers are kids, so let kids be kids I guess?

Honestly what I find often frustrating about roleplays on WQ in general- be they wolf or not- is that they kinda defeat the purpose of Wolfquest: to educate people on wolves and give them an immersive experience about the lives of wild wolves in Yellowstone. In wolf roleplays especially, most people play as ranked, semi-fantastical wolves and this definitely seems to take back from the game. But really, I'm not sure this is all that harmful? It does seem to perpetuate the stereotypes that wolves have ranked packs, but again kids are kids so.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:35 am

Like, I don't mind people being unrealistic in multiplayer. When I was little I tried to roleplay as a lion in single player. But when people play as a non-wolf character an also play unrealistically as their non-wolf character, like a fox living with wolves or a bear playing with foxes, it just adds up as double nonsense.

TimberRaven

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Scold me. Spank me. Ban me. Hate me.
But I am starting to grow accustomed to teenage human RPs, and I find them quite enjoyable! In LR (which is also unrealistic XD), in the log cabin, playing as a fourteen year old mermaid... (or maybe dragon wings XD or just normal human, I don't care XDD) and it's so funny!
Never kissed anyone, but I have punched two other teenage players XD
ᵃᵛᵃᵗᵃʳ ᵇʸ ˡᵘᵖᶤᶰᶻᵖᵃᶜᵏ

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:36 pm

TimberRaven wrote:Scold me. Spank me. Ban me. Hate me.
But I am starting to grow accustomed to teenage human RPs, and I find them quite enjoyable! In LR (which is also unrealistic XD), in the log cabin, playing as a fourteen year old mermaid... (or maybe dragon wings XD or just normal human, I don't care XDD) and it's so funny!
Never kissed anyone, but I have punched two other teenage players XD
When I used to play more frequently, I discovered the same sort of "Human-RP" community as well. While confusing on the outside, they're pretty fun to indulge in every once in a while, whether it's for giggles or to try something new. WolfQuest isn't exactly made for this sort of Roleplay, but I think the magic of it all is that the game attracts all sorts of people, so these groups that form are just a reflection of common interests that manifest in-game. It's fun to dabble in a little of everything, personally.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”