Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you like non-wolf RolePlays?

Yes, I only go to non-wolf RolePlays!
1%
Yes, but I don't always go to non-wolf RolePlays.
41%
No, I do not like non-wolf RolePlays.
32%
No, I hate non-wolf RolePlays!
25%

Total votes: 75

Riahbeth2
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Bobbing my head to the rhythm of life, and Christmas music! :D

Re: Non-Wolf RolePlays ─ Your Thoughts?

Post by Riahbeth2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 am

I personally like those RPs. I love to RP! ^^
.................(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ Nεω Mεოօɾἶεʂ ¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
................................¸¸.*¨*`ж ӂ Ӂ ӂ ж*¨*`.¸¸.
........................Spending time with my family & friends,
..................................who I love to be around.
.................'............Enjoying everyones presence,
...........'...............laughing, being together having fun.
..............'..............My heart is filled in many ways,
.............................surrounded by laughters sound.
..............Nothing else matters or things we have been through,
.........'.................new memories created for everyone.
..............................¸¸.*¨*`ж ӂ Ӂ ӂ ж*¨*`.¸¸.
...........'.............................Av/Sig ¤ Crystal

Jinxy
Pup
Pup

Post by Jinxy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Croix wrote:I'm not all in for non-wolf roleplays, I dislike them really. In my opinon, since WolfQuest is a wolf game, the roleplays should be about wolves or at least wolf related. Canine roleplays I can get though. But there are plenty of other games (and some new games coming out) for what people are roleplaying, like lions, or some other creatures. If not games, there are websites where people can roleplay just about anything you can think of.
As for the human roleplays, they are no better then any other non-wolf roleplay, what makes one non-wolf roleplay better then the other? Nothing really.

I find non-wolf roleplays irritating.
I have to agree with Croix. Honestly I went to a non-wolf role play once just out of curiosity and I didnt stay any longer than five minutes... Things just seemed completly out of control. It was basically what Toralu said:
Toralu wrote:Like its a power player paradise...
Essentually I think Wolf Quest should stick to wolf RP's. And if people have the urdge to RP other means I would have to suggest prehaps finding another game of forum to do so... Personaly I dont see how people can RP anything other than a wolf when the game avatar is a wolf. I mean I could more easily understand RP'ing a dog or a coyote... but Dragons? Lions? Humans?

Well I think my point stands...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Jinxy~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Dang, that was fun!'~

gameluver
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by gameluver » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

To be honest, I don't like the "other" role plays at all. It seems to defeat the purpose of Wolfquest. As long as it's canine related, then it's understandable. Like Croix said. However it does bug me when I see "SuperhumanRp" or "LionRP" If they want to roleplay as something other than a dog, than there are plenty of roleplaying sites and games.
............../................Δʌαтαя~ Ǥαмɛℓʋʌɛя

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Well I can see that most of you don't like non-wolf RolePlays. But no matter what, even if it eventually does become against the rules, people will still keep doing it. Don't you think it gets boring after the same old "WolfRP?" People just want to have something else to do, other than be stuck with wolves. I know perfectly well that there are other sites, but perhaps the dowloadable 3D games never worked, or it's boring with no character to actually see like in WolfQuest and such. Yes, it's WolfQuest. But no matter what, people will always try to be something other than a wolf on the Multiplayer.
One raindrop among millions.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:59 am

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:Well I can see that most of you don't like non-wolf RolePlays. But no matter what, even if it eventually does become against the rules, people will still keep doing it. Don't you think it gets boring after the same old "WolfRP?" People just want to have something else to do, other than be stuck with wolves. I know perfectly well that there are other sites, but perhaps the dowloadable 3D games never worked, or it's boring with no character to actually see like in WolfQuest and such. Yes, it's WolfQuest. But no matter what, people will always try to be something other than a wolf on the Multiplayer.
^ This pleases me.

When I used to join games, some of them non-wolf role plays, they were actually nice and really enjoyable. Not all of them are "power role plays". The majority is, but not all. :B This is like how one online game is all against horses because a lot of its fan base attracts negatives more than positives, but not the entire fan base is negative, just the negative is so much more common that the whole subject is hated.

I dislike having to limit my imagination to one thing just because a game is focused on it and it makes games very unpleasant to play anything. It's like doing homework.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Vira Mote
Pup
Pup

Post by Vira Mote » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 am

Some times I'm joining Non-wolf-rps (usually when I'm bored) but i like wolf RPs better.
Sorry For my a bit terrible English !!

...¸.•*¨*`•.¸Vira Mote ¸.•*¨*`•.¸

♫ Cool
♫ Nice
♫ Friendly
♫ Helpful
♫ Modest
♫ Just... Amazing!
♫ =)

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 am

I agree with Shusuke, it does get boring after a while Role playing in the same chat for the passed few hours, usually the rp has a great story line and I can go on forever, unless it's something out of the ordinary then I usually look for another. Usually I join both chatorRp chats :P or just anyone come, or... if there are a few open rp games, then I would join another. Depends on how my mood is at the time ^^
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Post by SamueWolfSword » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:49 pm

I am fine with nearly any rp being in WolfQuest. The rps that I hate would be lewd rps (although I haven`t noticed any). I am fine with gore, but I get that some people aren`t okay with gore so I don`t get very detailed (or try not to).
I am fine with nearly any rp being in WolfQuest because WolfQuest is the only thing I use to rp.

I feel highly uncomfortable using FeralHeart (a game) on multiplayer.....

I can (easily?) imagine things. Example: The wolf that they are playing as, I can imagine it as a dragon.
Although I can do it, other people might find it harder to do.
Last edited by SamueWolfSword on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ooo- Signature!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
:butterfly:
This is hard for me to read.

Legendary Sucker
Name: Ruff

Post by Legendary Sucker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:16 pm

I love wolf rps, but I can't lie: the best rps ever are with Maddoka, where we can be anything. Also, the best rp character I ever met was Madd's Kenija <3
Like everything else, it's just a perspective. Usually, it depends on my mood, but some invitations I can never refuse x3
ℒιჩεятέ

▻▹ We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviors. ◃◅
We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world...
▻▹ ...even as we give our lives in a conflict ◃◅
that will be recorded in no history book.

ƛℓℓ тнαт ωє ძσ, αℓℓ тнαт ωє αяє, вєɢɪηs αηძ єηძs ωɪтн σursєℓvєs

Av/Sig © Sobakka/Me

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:02 pm

I enjoy both really. I tend not to go into playing "Human" RPs however, simply because, as mentioned a bit before, there are many other games to look at for that sort of entertainment. I do however go to the occasional "Werewolf" rp, or "Power-wolf" rp... I'm not sure if these count as non-wolf elements, but at least they're tied to the aspect of wolf rp in some way. So, generally speaking, I will not stray from the whole wolf-aspect of the game, but I will venture into more non-realistic themes.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

LeopardsandRoses
Pup
Pup
Name: Sierra

Post by LeopardsandRoses » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 pm

I've done non-wolf rp for maybe one to two years but now wolf rp feels strange as did the leopard rp I started doing since that is mostly my favorite animal.
....I loved him and promised to be strong....

Sobakka

Post by Sobakka » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:59 pm

I generally like it either way. If you don't enjoy it that's fine and if it's the only thing you do that's cool too. It doesn't really matter to me so long as people aren't getting too bizarre. It is though, as people have said before, typically filled with power players and Mary Sues which makes things less enjoyable but I think those characters/people even manage to worm their way into the wolf rps too.

Jupiter Giveth and Jupiter Taketh Away
Praise Jupiter!
Quote/Av Shop

colorless-sea
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by colorless-sea » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:39 pm

i don't mind them, but sometimes i join a non-wolf roleplay on here just for the sake of exploring a different aspect of roleplay

either that or i just don't want to roleplay wolves at the time
"i've been thinking too much
i've been thinking too much
(help me)"

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Personally, I think that roleplaying as anything other than wolves, using wolf characters on a wolf game, is odd. A little less so when the characters are close relatives, such as dogs, but if a person wants to roleplay something entirely unrelated, why not go to a roleplay forum/website with that specific topic?
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

alethe
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon May 28, 2018 8:01 pm

eh, they’re easy enough to avoid if you don’t want to rp in them, so frankly as long as they’re following the rules it shouldn’t matter.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”