Boring :P

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

WillowTheWolf
Pup
Pup
Location: Watching you eating your computer while singing with a cow on a motorcycle

Re: Boring :P

Post by WillowTheWolf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

I think single player is better i toatly agree with you
~~~~~~~ Proud wolfquest community member! ~~~~~~~

Help
Our
Wolves
Live

Willow

Zuriaa
Pup
Pup

Post by Zuriaa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm

I never get bored! I play on multiplayer all the time,and hunt hares! On single player a easy way to get around the end of the game is too run around with one of your pups and your mate forever!
I am looking for a pack!
Must be:
in am
no other website that i have to join!
acctive often!

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Post by silvywolfy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

ok ya i bet every one has got bored with wq... if i get bored, YOU GET BORED!!!! and i get bored alot! its no affence but seriously guys, lots of people do get quite bored with this game, i mean i say to my friends on MP oh i have to go, just because im bored!!!!! ok but really, admit it, i have nothing to do after school. SP is a bit better but i complete every game with all four pups! and i mean all four. so... oh wait a minute... O.o i only got this game in october 2010!!!! geez what other NOT downloadable game?
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

April

Post by April » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 pm

The administrators can only do so much with the game according to the amount of donations. If you want to see things happening I suggest you start contributing to donating as well. THe game was mostly made for education anyway
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:22 pm

This topic is rude to the team, who work their butts off to make this game.How do you think it makes them feel when they work so hard, and we give them this?I'm ashamed of all of you.This is rude, selfish, and unjust.
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Um...we're the consumers..it's our job to give honest feedback, not just to say the game is good no matter what. Yeah, they work hard, but if they do a bad job, there's no reason why they shouldn't know that.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:49 pm

jaguartail wrote:Um...we're the consumers..it's our job to give honest feedback, not just to say the game is good no matter what. Yeah, they work hard, but if they do a bad job, there's no reason why they shouldn't know that.
I agree, if we hold our tongues, how will they know if the game needs improvement or not?
Feedback is a vital key in creating a better game.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm

April wrote:The administrators can only do so much with the game according to the amount of donations. If you want to see things happening I suggest you start contributing to donating as well. THe game was mostly made for education anyway
Adding onto April, purchasing items from the official WQ store helps the team out but donating is even better. There is currently a fundraising contest for lightning to be added in 2.5. Below I have placed links about donating, the WQ store and other significant threads.

Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45730

Official WolfQuest Store:
https://www.nc.mnzoo.state.mn.us/NetCom ... &srcid=319

Donate Here:
https://www.nc.mnzoo.state.mn.us/NetCom ... px?pid=372

Donation Tip by SolitaryHowl:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46533
Stray Fang wrote:
jaguartail wrote:Um...we're the consumers..it's our job to give honest feedback, not just to say the game is good no matter what. Yeah, they work hard, but if they do a bad job, there's no reason why they shouldn't know that.
I agree, if we hold our tongues, how will they know if the game needs improvement or not?
Feedback is a vital key in creating a better game.

Yes, feedback by users is important but instead of saying "Ugh, this game is horrible, I'm never playing it again" or "Why did they even bother to make this game?" we should suggest ideas to the WQ team or try to have a bit of imagination to make the game continue to be entertaining and educational for all audiences.

For example say you don't really favour the amount of predators in SC or something of the like, instead of saying "Why do they put so many predators in-game, it's so dumb and pointless!" you could suggest(in the correct places and in the proper way) "Hey team would you mind, in the next update/episode/improvement, reducing the number of predators in WQ?".

This would enable users to give their opinion without offending or rushing the WolfQuest Team. So instead of one side saying that we should give our honest thoughts on the game and one side saying that the game is boring we can compromise in the middle by sharing our ideas but in a polite manner.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm

I agree with "Sparkly" here.

Feedback is important, but when people just say "it's too boring" or "it's boring" only shows that people do not take breaks and play the game too much. I take breaks every so often and I still find the game fun when I go on to play it.

Feedback is only worth being called feedback if it actually points out things where it isn't rude to the point where you can't register anything but negativity from it. Stating what is wrong gives light to what should be focused, but not what can be worked on to change it.

Suggestions on how to change it to make it better in feedback is what helps make a good game, not just simply pointing out the problems. If someone said "there's too many carcasses" it's clear, but when you say something else, like "issues with the vegetation", then it isn't very helpful.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

BitterApple

Post by BitterApple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes, I do occasionally get bored.
But no matter what game you play, if you play it long enough, no matter how expensive or advanced it is, you will get bored.
If you don't like it, don't play it.
If you're going to complain, at least add something to explain exactly why it's boring, and maybe help out the creators so it's not as "boring".
Sorry if I sound rude... just being honest.

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Over time the game has some what gotten boring for me. Though that was usually because I was simply on it to much and things got repetitive. So I would always take breaks. In fact I'm just coming back from one now. I much rather prefer to do Single Player over Multi-player because for one I can't roleplay on the game since I type lengthy and in depth and some words I'd prefer using are censored. Though of course I know that people's abuse of them were the cause of them being censored. And I can't roleplay any other way.

Instead I tend to go on Single Player and take screen shots. I love to do so and then edit them with my art program. It's quite fun, actually.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Think the game is boring? Not anymore!

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46000

Hope this shoos everyones boredness away!

the_Lupus
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by the_Lupus » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 pm

At first when I started trying out MP I got bored of it fast, until my friend showed me the wonders of MP games! Tag, hide'n seek, racing. Its very fun to do random, silly little things on WQ.
***Proud obsesser of the Ginga saga- the greatest manga/anime series ever!***
Hey I'm new, please take it easy on me :D, spam me and die! XDDD
ⓄⓂⓃⓄⓂⓃⓄⓂⓃⓄⓂ

Magnificence

Post by Magnificence » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Even though I spend my time on the forum, I never though Wolfquest was boring. I know at times you may start to think theres nothing to do, but there is plenty to do. If you don't know much about Wolfquest you could get a teacher, then you would have PLENTY to do :D :D :D

ValsWinter
Pup
Pup

Post by ValsWinter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 am

So far I've managed to keep WQ fun by setting goals for myself.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”