Boring :P

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

+ShadowDarkWolf+
Pup
Pup

Re: Boring :P

Post by +ShadowDarkWolf+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Yah I do that too... Have you seen the one where (On the SC map) you go to Slough Creek, back up in the water two times....then run to lone tree and back up into the water there? IT MAKES YOU FLY LIKE REALLY HIGH UP!!!!!!!
Alpha of the Black Bloods, known as Adeodatus on Wikifoundry. Currently leading Winter Skies.
If you wish to join, please drop me a message and I'll run through the application needed. Thank you!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Regarding glitches/bugs, if you wish to learn about any or want to share some, you can do that in either of these threads ^^

What bugs did you find?;
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Crazy WQ Happenings!:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28526

These can rather make the game quite funny depending from perpective you take it from, though they are rather annoying as well.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

yourlilemogirl
Pup
Pup

Post by yourlilemogirl » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:24 pm

What i do, is that if i find myself getting bored of taking care of my pups, is that i just go to a previous save file from when before i had pups, and then the territory is my oyster! :D no need to stay in one site of the map 24/7! So you could always try that(:

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 am

Don't get me wrong but i don't understand why do you see the game becoming/as boring.It's a WOLF simulation game.It CAN'T contain any stuff like magic,special combat and other actions that would (even i have to say) make the game even better.Those actions that are in the game are the things wolves do even if the actions can become boring after a while.
:roll: :?

I have no problems with the game when it comes to the amusement. Personally i have an opinion on this matter.I think that people/players who REALLY are in love with wolves and like anything about them will never get tired of WolfQuest no matter if there is something to do or not.I'm not trying to offend anyone (because basically anyone who plays WolfQuest loves wolves more than normal people do :D ) i just want to point it out.I myself am obsessed with wolves and am proud to say that i live for those animals to be happy,free and in no danger from extinction,can play WolfQuest for hours no matter if i need to feed the pups every 2 min and mark territory every 3-4 min and will not get bored.Why?
Because i'm doing what real wolves do and it's good enough for me. :wink:

And just for the record i'm not trying to offend anyone who doesn't seem to feel the same way but i don't see WolfQuest becoming boring because it isn't.Wolf's life is about those things that are in the game and not about magic stuff,fighting all the time and those other things that some players would like to see.More stuff like that would change the game into an action game and not a simulation.I prefer to have the game the way it is.
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:00 am

I do get bored of WolfQuest, all I do on it now is go on Multiplayer and find people who are breaking the rules :P

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:01 pm

I normally do not spend a lot of time on WQ except on the forums. It can be fun, but like any game it can get boring after awhile.

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 am

I sometimes really fancy a game on WolfQuest, so I get on, and after about a minute of playing, I am bored out of my brains.

-skop-
Pup
Pup

Post by -skop- » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 pm

hey at least they are making a new update or somthing it's going to be alot better so I'm just going to stay on the forums mostly til that comes out.
I want to put in something creative here but I can't come up with anything moving or productive so... Yeah there's that.

Avvie:me

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:46 pm

-skop- wrote:hey at least they are making a new update or somthing it's going to be alot better so I'm just going to stay on the forums mostly til that comes out.
Same here, alhough that probably won't be released anytime soon. ^^
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

-SilverDolphin

Post by -SilverDolphin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree with you. It's not interesting that Slough Creek ends and you should start new game. But it's quite interesting for me to role play . Anyway we have forum as well. It's never boring here :D

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:48 am

Aspine wrote:
-skop- wrote:hey at least they are making a new update or somthing it's going to be alot better so I'm just going to stay on the forums mostly til that comes out.
Same here, alhough that probably won't be released anytime soon. ^^
I'm pretty sure that game won't come out this year but hopefully till the next spring or summer.
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

sakuri
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sakuri » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

I don't find it boring, and I do roleplay but a lot of the role players don't RP the way I like as in they make there wolves have wings and powers and things which is fine but I'm not into it so I don't RP that way. I RP as if I was a wolf and I've found others who do the same. so that part of it is fun for me but I do think some things need to be added to the game to make it a little more fun for those who don't Roleplay and even those who do

FelineMeow

Post by FelineMeow » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Wolfquest is my Favorite Website or Game EVER!

ThunderWolf98
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ThunderWolf98 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Hmm, I personally don't think it's getting boring, but that might just be because I love wolves. Roleplaying is fun to me, but yeah it gets old sometimes.

I don't plan on giving up playing WolfQuest, even though sometimes it's a real pain in the neck. For example, I'm afraid to play Slough Creek. It is really hard to keep your pups alive, even with cheats. Also, the glitches are very annoying. The game freezes up really often, and that gets on my nerves.

Along with the downsides, I love playing WQ. I always have searched for a fun wolf game, and I was never fully satisfiyed until I found WolfQuest. That is just my opinion, though. Some people may agree with me, but for the people who don't, I'm not trying to make you keep playing it. You just do what you want to do.

Alphess of the Neon Eclipse Pack

✧✦✧✦✧✧✦✧✦✧

Take back
The beat in your heart
Why fight
When you can't be bought?

Avi (c) Me

Miyaoka

Post by Miyaoka » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 pm

I'll admit, it can be difficult to stay interested, especially if you're a long-time player like me. The game no longer presents a challenge for me, even with the extra steps to make it harder.

It all comes down to finding new activities to keep yourself interested. When I could complete SP with ease, I took to honing my hunting skills on MP. When that got old, I started RPing with other players. When I didn't feel like doing that so much anymore, I started doing "Photography" by taking the prettiest screenshots I could. Soon I will try to play a perpetual SP game by not completing the last mission and living in the open with my pups.

It's also okay to take a break from the game. I'll stop for about two months, then -in a way- "rediscover" WQ and be absolutely crazy about it again!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”