Boring :P

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

[Caspera]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Boring :P

Post by [Caspera] » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I am Starting to think Wolfquest is getting boring, you cant even really do anything on Multiplayer, only roleplay, which I don't do, and hunt elk, or the pup killers come in and just go on and on about trying to kill a pup.

In single player, There is more excitement, but after you win, you should be able to play on, not do the mission over again.. and your constantly chasing bears/coyotes away from you, you have to constantly feed the pups, and always be next to them or a coyote snatches them up. So I mostly avoid playing single player, I have completed it twice, and now I only go on Multiplayer. Which is kinda boring.

What do you think?
I mean, I understand that roleplaying is fun to you guys, But think about the ones who Don't ant to roleplay humans or lions or whatever.. maybe they wanna do something actually other than hunting.
:?
[Caspera]

RoarOriole

Re: Boring :P

Post by RoarOriole » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:55 pm

WolfQuest wasn't exactly designed for roleplaying on MultiPlayer. It was brought upon the players themselves in regards to it. For those who would do things other than roleplay, like me, I would have plenty of things if I ran into people on MP who didn't like roleplay [tag, hide'n'seek with no nametags or map allowed to be used, I-spy, and other things]. It's just hard to find people with imagination.

I tend to avoid Multiplayer as well, and while it may be boring for me at times, I am hoping that Episode 2.5 with it's weather, time, and sit/lay down options available might bring life back to it. And I know it will. :3

Though sometimes I do go on Multiplayer just to watch members powerplay and try to kill each other, because that, in my opinion, is the funniest thing I've ever seen. xD
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm

If you have any ideas for the game the make it more exciting you can post them here,

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558

I truly do not find wolfquest boring. I always find new ways to entertain myself in the game^^ the chat on multiplayer can get very bazaar but most of the time when they talk about hippos or wierd magic stuff I find it quite amusing xD
Last edited by AlbinoWolf6 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¸.*¨*`.¸ ωσℓƒQυєѕт cσммυnιту мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
..¸.*¨*`.¸ υn∂ιnє ƒαℓℓѕ ραcк мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
...¸.*¨*`.¸ Avvie by TheGreatAbyss!! Thanks! ¸.*¨*`.¸

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:04 pm

AlbinoWolf6 wrote:If you have any ideas for the game the make it more exciting you can post them here,

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558

but, as you have posted yes it is true wolfquest can get boring but when that happens to me I make another game but with one of my pups as a adult and then it repeats itself^^ the chat on multiplayer can get very bazaar but most of the time when they talk about hippos or wierd magic stuff I find it quite amusing xD
Yes wolves talking about hippos can be quite amusing xD
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello [Caspera],
Sometimes the game can get boring, but you have to use your imagination to find ways to make it more interesting. You can hae a look at this to help make the game harder.
Want the game harder?(guide):
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37726
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't think WolfQuest is boring, in fact I think its great! =D
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

wolfoflegend
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfoflegend » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:52 am

Alpha Female wrote:
Sometimes the game can get boring, but you have to use your imagination to find ways to make it more interesting.
I do that alot, for instance when i get bored i make up a game. One time me and my friends played tag and we raced to see which wolf was the fastest. I know it sounds stupid but all im saying is its not as boring if you use your imagination. my advice- :)
"I have been abandoned by death for it has cursed me to live."

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Well, I don't find WolfQuest boring. I don't really go on MP much either though, due to all the power players and inappropriate people.
If I do go on, it's usually in Private games with friends to avoid such things... really it's gotten a bit out of hand in a lot of cases.

I don't really think that WolfQuest is meant for roleplay either, as it isn't. It's meant for the educational value of how a wolf's life is suppose to work. And, that's where a lot of the things in missions come in.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:05 pm

In my personal opinion, overall I do not find the game boring per say as I always try to find new ways to challenge myself, though I do find the game at times to be rather repetitive.

And, I do find single player much more exciting than multiplayer, because there is basically much more you can do, plus on multiplayer there are those inappropriate games which you can run into which doesn't make things all that good, and yes as previously stated many times, this game was not really meant for roleplaying and such.

By the way, just as a quick thing here, if you ever find inappropriate behaviour on multiplayer, report them here (make sure to include proof) ^^
http://www.wolfquest.org/abuse/index.php
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Personally, i find ways to make it more fun.
In some of the topics, there are games that will make the game more fun, like elk herding and other cool games like that. Plus, there are always the forums. :)
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

Thowfeet
Pup
Pup

Post by Thowfeet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Hmmm. I don't really get bored on MP, but sometimes I do in SP. Maybe 2.5 will be better for SP, and can't wait for 3.0, whenever it will come out. With more fun games now (for example, WoW) kids are starting to think many things are boring. For example, one time I told a cousin that I played WQ and he said he plays other games like WoW and WQ is boring, but a day later he asked me more about WQ. Hopefully 3.0 will come out soon and will be better and draw kids to WQ.
Thowfeet

Always happy to help when I can!
H.O.W.L.!
Help Our Wolves Live!

I am a country boy. I'm definitely a country boy.
My LEGO stuff: http://mocpages.com/home.php/15101

UltimateWolfLover

Post by UltimateWolfLover » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Exactly! i was SOO disappointed when the game HAD to be over. I completed the whole game in an hour and a half!

-skop-
Pup
Pup

Post by -skop- » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 pm

somtimes I get bored on MP too but most off the time it just depends on finding a fun group of people ( in your opinion).It helps to have freinds in real life playing with you too. From my expirence, it usually leads to some extremely funny moments... but thats just me.
I want to put in something creative here but I can't come up with anything moving or productive so... Yeah there's that.

Avvie:me

+ShadowDarkWolf+
Pup
Pup

Post by +ShadowDarkWolf+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

Hello [Caspera],
Here goes my opinion on your topic......
I do partially agree with you that WQ is getting boring. (No offence to the moderators and creators of the site) lol! Um but like other people have said, Wq is not meant for RPG in MultiPlayer..... You could try to find another game to play while the new WQ is being made....
Hope I helped!
Shadow :P
Alpha of the Black Bloods, known as Adeodatus on Wikifoundry. Currently leading Winter Skies.
If you wish to join, please drop me a message and I'll run through the application needed. Thank you!

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:06 pm

If I ever get bored, I usually just take a romp around the game and try to find fun new glitches. =)
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”