"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by Masika » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:21 am

Sethos wrote:Have any of you ever seen a multiplayer game that's titled something like, "soandsoPlzCome"? I come across those all the time, and I find that many other users deliberately try to take up spots in multiplayer games titled like this.
I see those sort of games all the time as well, its quite annoying to see so many of them, as they could just use private games. I never go into them, though I do remember when I went into one accidently, I can tell you the way they asked me to leave wasn't nice, tried to explain that they can use private games, they didn't seem overly bothered though.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:02 am

I find it fairly annoying when people save spots on an open game. When I get on the actual game {which is not often, but occasionally I do want to kill an elk or something} and people tell me to leave because they're saving a spot, I consider it rude. If they ask me to leave I don't tend to have a problem; the key is the difference between ask and tell. It all boils down to the politeness of those saving a spot. For me, at lest. =3
Icon by Riceboy.
I support the Alliance.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:06 am

When I go into those games where their saving spots, I usually tell them that if they wanted the spot to be saved they can use private games. If they don't listen, I just stick around. I don't mind leaving if their being polite about it, but if their rude then I wait until they start asking nicely.
I run into a lot of games that are reserved for one person plus the host, and yet theirs five available spots. xD
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Dual

Post by Dual » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Ooh, an interesting topic :)

Personally, sometimes, I don't mind if people save spots. I've done it a few times myself when I have crashed.
But its when people get rude about it that gets me. If they ask nicely, then fair enough, but when they get all mad, is when I think its silly. Most of the times I just pretend I have crashed :P

Tricolour
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Successfully completing my role as a financial leech unto my parents.

Post by Tricolour » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 am

I don't mind people saving spots for others, as long as the go about in a polite way and don't shout at you as soon as you enter the room.
-----------Tricolour-

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
--lυякєя ιη тнє ωσlƒqυєѕт ƒσяυм
---αη∂ σωηєя σƒ тяι¢'ѕ αναтαяѕ
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

gemmawolf
Pup
Pup

Post by gemmawolf » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 am

I hate it when I'm told or even asked to leave, it just annoys me to the bone. So I feel really awkward if someone wants me to save a space for them. If there's only me and them, chances are that there will be a space for their return so long as they're right back in two minutes, but if they leave spot 5 open and someone enters, I don't feel comfortable with asking them to leave.
I just take the brunt of this event - I don't save (or at least I don't ever remember saving) a spot and I don't ask people to leave either.
40+ posters, 24 novels, series 2,3,4 and specials? - yeah, I'm a Doctor10 fangirl :)

Ulquiorra Cifa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ulquiorra Cifa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 am

im ok with saving spots because i have had to do it before. but when i have to tell some one to leave i like to ask it politely and tell them why. usually the reason im saving spots is because my game crashed and the people who originally came should be given a little time to come back. though i prefer having a "time limit" on saving a spot. if they dont come back after a while i quit saving the spot or spots and let anyone join.
like others i do get annoyed when people are rude about leaving. i've had people just say leave and nothing more. or if i don't leave as soon as they say they start calling me names or try other ways to offend me. i've even had others role play attack me.
i would like to use private games but they don't seem to work with me. oh well lol :roll:

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Ulquiorra Cifa wrote: if i don't leave as soon as they say they start calling me names or try other ways to offend me. i've even had others role play attack me.
lol
i had this sooo many times!
I was loading and when i finished, i see 3 wolves around me, the chatbox filled with "leave!" "get out", when i said them: "ignores rudeness" and walked off they all came to me like: growls, bites neck, pushes to ground, rips legs and ear, i was simply ignoring them and hunted, ran around. :mrgreen:
Thats actually the problem everywhere.
Okay they are rude.
But dont get offended. Just laugh how ridiculous they are.
If they start using inappropriate words, then take a screenshot and report.
And laugh more.
I actually do enjoy these times. How angry they can become. :lol:
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:02 am

It certainly can be very annoying when people spot save rudely. There's really no need for being rude; politeness is key, it never harmed anyone. :roll:
Just the other day one of the new people in my Open Game said "brb please save my spot", then disconnected. I never really did save the spot because you can't make someone leave, and I didn't want to get into an argument anyway. And they never even came back so I was like, "Oh well.." :lol:
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Seewah
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Seewah » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:17 am

Here's what I think: Saving a spot is perfectly fine, as open games have no one planned on coming. Sometimes people who enter crash or glitch, but want to come back, so to make sure they can get back to where they were, they have a spot saved. A lot of times, private games don't work. They don't work for me, whether I'm the host or a player. I've met a lot of others who have the same problem.
What usually happens is someone glitches/crashes, says "brb please save a spot" and leaves, then reenters. It would be unfair if that happened and the person looked for the chat, but it wasn't there, because someone took their place. But I do think it's stupid when people save spots for someone who obviously isn't coming back. I have seen people save a spot for half an hour or more!
It's just those chats that are: "*User name* ONLY please come" or open games that are *word*Bloods ONLY or *word*Pack ONLY that I think should just be private.
Overall, here's my opinion: Open games are for everyone, but we should be ok with a spot being saved.

I support hunting.

Insults do not make for a valid argument.
-Seewah

shewolf51
Pup
Pup

Post by shewolf51 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:11 pm

I don't mind spot saving if you're saving it for someone who was booted off by their game crashing. But if you're saving a spot for people beforehand, then I get annoyed. Especially when they label it as 'anyone welcome'. If everyone isn't welcome, then I don't see why they can't make a private game or just label it as 'spots reserved'.

While I've never outright been asked to leave, I have run into a few servers where they'll say everyone is welcome, but the minute myself and possibly someone else joins, they decide to make a new mp game One guy outright told a couple of people and I not to come to the next game he made.
"Looking into the eyes of the wolf is like looking into your own soul. Do you like what you see?"

Fenrir- Hunter of Midnight Moon Pack
Raziel- Hunter of Shadow Seekers Pack

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I think you should leave after you find out whether they're roleplaying/playing nicely.

If they are doing one of those teencamps or High School Rps, you can stay but if they're just hunting and playing nice, you should leave.

AND only if they ask politely.
SHEEP<3

Aurora Lights
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Aurora Lights » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 am

Well, if they are rude about it like:
"LEAVE NOW!!! WE ARE SAVING A SPOT!"
I will usually keep going to their chat and staying till they get annoyed.
If they are nice like:
"Please leave I am saving a spot for my friend. Thanks."
I usually leave. Just cause they were nice about it :)
I haven't been on WolfQuest in a very long time. I also want a new signature... Suggest a signature shop for me?

Jazziedog
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Jazziedog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:19 pm

I don't mind saving spots, but I realy don't think people realy need to be like "LEAVE NOW, WERE SAVING SPOTS!!!!!" thats just rude. Somtimes if I go into a game And say hi. The first thing some people will say is " Saving spots. Get out of i'll report!!!!" If you just ask nicely, then people usally leave. Well I do.
Dogs and wolves Are Awsome

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Seewah wrote:Here's what I think: Saving a spot is perfectly fine, as open games have no one planned on coming. Sometimes people who enter crash or glitch, but want to come back, so to make sure they can get back to where they were, they have a spot saved. A lot of times, private games don't work. They don't work for me, whether I'm the host or a player. I've met a lot of others who have the same problem.
What usually happens is someone glitches/crashes, says "brb please save a spot" and leaves, then reenters. It would be unfair if that happened and the person looked for the chat, but it wasn't there, because someone took their place. But I do think it's stupid when people save spots for someone who obviously isn't coming back. I have seen people save a spot for half an hour or more!
It's just those chats that are: "*User name* ONLY please come" or open games that are *word*Bloods ONLY or *word*Pack ONLY that I think should just be private.
Overall, here's my opinion: Open games are for everyone, but we should be ok with a spot being saved.
I think that Pack Games should be open. I just do...
Why?
Because if there's a name like "___bloods" or "______wolves" or something, it's obvious that it's a pack and you should stay out of it.
SHEEP<3

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”