"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by x-Riley-x » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Whitewolf700 wrote:And another reason why Saving Spots is bad is because so,me people may tell you to leave because they want to do bad stuff such as "mating" and cursing and other things that could get Wolfquest in trouble

I don't think they really can. But then again people are finding ways around the filter so... I suppose so, yeah. But I wouldn't need to be told to leave one of those games. I would inform them that they aren't allowed to be doing that etc. and THEN leave.

I don't mind saving spots if it's for someone who crashed or something, or if the player is on 'brb' for just a minute or so. But if they are on 'brb' for several minutes or longer etc. I don't see why anyone should make the person come in. Of course, if someone crashes and another comes in, I don't tend to make them leave. Anyone can join if it's an open game, so I just figure that the other player will just have to find a different game if someone takes their spot. Sometimes it can't be helped. I know it's happened to me on numerous occasions.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am

Some people on Multiplayer probably do bad things. I mean, if their yelling at you, telling you to leave, they may be up to something.
SHEEP<3

ziley
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ziley » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, but I take it personally when they say it very rude.
Rena
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wolf Pride!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:00 pm

I normally tell them open games are open for everyone; private is not and go there if you want select people coming. I don't like the whole idea of it personally.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

But then again, they'll say

"the private games dont work" or they'll just tell you "no".
SHEEP<3

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Whitewolf700 wrote:But then again, they'll say

"the private games dont work" or they'll just tell you "no".
Well then that's a problem they're just going to have to work with; they'll have to deal with the fact that they really can't save spots in Open games. :wink:
Yeah, it stinks if you can't make a Private game, but Open games are, well, open to everyone. You can attempt to save spots, but no one has to leave in an Open game. =3

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't mind it,as long as they aren't rude.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

-skop-
Pup
Pup

Post by -skop- » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 pm

I personally don't like it when people to tell me to go but I usually do because it's easier for both of us if I just left instead of arguing with them.
I want to put in something creative here but I can't come up with anything moving or productive so... Yeah there's that.

Avvie:me

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't mind leaving if they are polite about it. As -skop- said, it's easier for both of us and better than starting an arguement that doesn't really need to happen. But of course, a reason always helps with as to why I must leave. ^^" Most of the time they're doing things I wish to take no part in so I just leave.
I don't go on multiplayer much of anymore though. I don't find much enjoyment in it unless it's for a pack or such.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

-SilverDolphin

Post by -SilverDolphin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:41 pm

I am not against it but only if people are not rude and explain the problem. I see you all said about private games to save the spot. But imagine the situation: People begin to play in an open game and suddenly one of them has gone but said he would return. Of course others will save spot for him. What would they do? Begin a private game? It is not convinience so I understand those people.
Last edited by -SilverDolphin on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfywolf11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfywolf11 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 pm

It's extremely annoying. 'Leave the spot is saved' is unfair to people looking to rp and are forced out because some one is showing favor for their pal. If they want the chat to be for their friends, pm each other and plan ahead to have a private chat. IT'S SO SIMPLE PEOPLE!!!!!!
iamawolflover

Code: Select all

[u][i][b][/b][/i][/u]
[/color]

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah...pretty much. If the private games don't work, then Too bad. No saving spots!
And half of the time when their saving spots for someone who isn't a friend or someone they know, they never return.
Sure, you can save spots, but if someone unwanted comes, you can't tell them to leave either. I MIGHT leave if they ask nicely.
But whenever I enter a "DONTCOME" chat, they always start off with,
"leave"
"leave now"
"we're saving a spot leave"
And then again, I tell them open games are for everyone. Once someone told me to ge tmy fuzzy a** out.
I cracked up when it happend though :P
SHEEP<3

_Dreamer_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by _Dreamer_ » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 pm

I understand it, but I don't like it. The first time I tried to join a multi-player game, by the time it loaded I was bombarded by posts saying "saving spot get out" "plz leave dreamer or i'll report" "get out" in fact, they posted this so fast my computer (i call it Ol' faithful) wouldn't let me type and my mouse icon wouldn't show up. I had to reboot the computer. -_-'
-------------------------
♫~You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul~♫

Proud Newbie! ;)

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 pm

-SilverDolphin wrote:I am not against it but only if people are not rude and explain the problem. I see you all said about private games to save the spot. But imagine the situation: People begin to play in an open game and suddenly one of them has gone but said he would return. Of course others will save spot for him. What would they do? Begin a private game? It is not convinience so I understand those people.
Well I understand where you're coming from, however even if you're saving a spot for someone in game that said they were leaving and would be back, it's not the fault of the person that joins in their place if they join and want to keep playing: not leave. Being rude and obnoxious because you want someone to leave is just not okay.. If you politely ask them to leave and explain the situation, and the person STILL does not leave (even if they start to say mean things and calling the people that want the person to leave mean things) THEN, I would just report them or leave the game.. I wouldn't want to put up with it anymore xD
"Its not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie.
.......... Dont give me those big wet eyes, Raggedy Man."

http://tinyurl.com/thefourclans

Showbunny
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Showbunny » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 am

The only time I agree with 'Saving Spots' is when one of the other players has experianced a glitch and have crashed, therefore having no choice but to leave, because it's unavoidable. As for saving it for friends who might turn up or for someone who's logging off for more than a few minutes, it isn't really fair - that's what private games are for. I've actually stopped going on MP so much, because most of the time I join a game and they go, "Leave. We're waiting for someone."
I don't mind leaving if they're polite about it, you know. Something simple, "Sorry, but our friends game crashed, and we're waiting for them to come back on. Could you please leave?" In which case I would say, "No problem." and leave, because they're nice about it and it's fair enough their friend glitched - it happens. But commanding someone to leave because a friend might turn up - sorry, but that's quite rude =/. Then the games I do get into everyone just stands around and chats rather than roleplaying... but thats a different story XD.
Avatar (Wolf Maker): http://kaylink.deviantart.com/art/Kayli ... -122966749

Running back through the midmorning light
There's a burning in my heart
We're banished from a time in a fallen land
To a life beyond the stars

'Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames'

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”