"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

wookie99
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by wookie99 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 pm

I am for saving spots, if Im in a game and someone crashes then somebody else comes and wont leave, i dont think thats fair and they should leave if the host believes they should too. I am NOT for people rudely forcing and yelling at people to leave and that they are saving the spot for someone else, it makes the new person want to stay from being so rudely "talked" too. If you just politely ask them to leave becuz your friend crashed and its their spot, more than likely they will leave without making a big scene.
And she, the lone wolf, literally and figuratively, walks, not runs, through bitter and agony so she may respect them forever more and never forget the tremendous pain they have caused her, through her neverending battle within herself...

- Skyler -
Pup
Pup
Location: I'm awesomeeeee, I'm SO awesomeeee, I am THE AWESOMEEE! And obviously, I'm very modest. :)

Post by - Skyler - » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:10 am

happylolzgirl wrote:
[So your telling me that I'm the mean one when people are attempting to cuss me out? I've stated that I'll leave if someone asks nicely and provides me with a sensible reason. Besides, the whole point of Open Games is for anyone to join. Wither you want your games private our not, anyone can join & no one can force them to leave.]

No, I agree that people should be able to join, but it is not right to press their buttons so you can report them...btw, the ones who see when you report someone, aren't going to care about someone asking you to leave. I reported someone once for not leaving and they didnt care.
Ehm, they probably didn't care simply because you have no right to report someone just for not leaving an Open Game.. You report someone when they're rude or are breaking the rules, and not leaving an Open Game is not really a rule.

I should state that, I see some people support that it's good to save spots when someone crashes and it's their spot, and if someone comes you should ask them nicely to leave.. Remember that even if you ask it nicely, the person still has every right to stay, it's their choice to leave or stay..
- Skyler -
WolfQuest Community Member and Lover
Proud Undine Falls Omega
Rainy weather fan
Piano player

ayame120
Pup
Pup

Post by ayame120 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 pm

I guess it would depend on the situation. I have crashed when hosting a game before and i have asked people to leave because i wanted to resume the game but if it was an open game that is being treated like a private game then i would have problems. When i do crash i wait for about 5-10 min for the people i was saving spots for, after that i just let anybody join.
May your eyes shine bright and your howl be herd always

help my dragon grow! http://ravenwolf120.dragonadopters.com/ ... 494072.png

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Whippersnapper wrote:
Whitewolf700 wrote:
Whippersnapper wrote:
If they Demand I leave or start with the 'Please Leave'; I refuse. Sure, 'please leave' could be considered on the same basics as being kind, but it just ticks me off so much that I won't leave. Really I don't care if I annoy or offend anyone; go to a Private Game if you so badly want to chat with someone. Eh, I know it sounds pretty stupid, but sometimes I'll go in a Open Game and just sit there, waiting for someone to start being rude enough to report them. :3 I'm helpful, no?
That's mean! You're waiting until they're mean and rude just to report them? In my opinion, we shouldn't have to go into some private game just to talk to our friends! I agree with saving spots. Maybe we don't WANT our games to be private. I'm pretty sure no one wants to enter a password just to see their pals. >.<
So your telling me that I'm the mean one when people are attempting to cuss me out? I've stated that I'll leave if someone asks nicely and provides me with a sensible reason. Besides, the whole point of Open Games is for anyone to join. Wither you want your games private our not, anyone can join & no one can force them to leave.
You can't even curse people out. The chat box thingy won't even let you. And no, you can't force any one to leave, but if they are desperate for you to get out, then get out. Plus some people's computers don't connect to private games somewhere so they don't have a choice.
SHEEP<3

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Whitewolf700 wrote:You can't even curse people out. The chat box thingy won't even let you. And no, you can't force any one to leave, but if they are desperate for you to get out, then get out. Plus some people's computers don't connect to private games somewhere so they don't have a choice.
People are able to curse by bypassing the filter; I've witnessed a few people connecting normal words to make a rude one. Even if someone is desperate for you to leave, I don't think you should have to get out; after all, it is an open game, and anyone is allowed there regardless of the situation. :) I understand that perfectly, however even so that doesn't mean others have to leave the game; in my opinion it isn't fair to turn open games into private games.^^

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

I understand that too, Atropine but I was RPing on Multiplayer with someone and asked them if they wanted to make a private game, but they said they couldn't because their computer couldn't connect to private games. If someone says something like that, you should just leave. And if someone tells you to leave but you don't, then they'll surely ignore you.
SHEEP<3

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm on the fence about saving spots.
If they're saving a spot for someone who crashed etc. then I find it alright and if they're asking nicely I have no problem with leaving. But if they are simply demanding you to leave then I find it rather rude, if they want the game for reserved people then they should simply make a private game; rather than demanding people to leave. Open games are for everyone and it's unfair to have them come on only to be demanded off.
Last edited by x-Riley-x on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I think I'm in the middle now...some of you, I agree with.
SHEEP<3

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Asheek » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:06 pm

I wouldent ever leave a game. If it's an open game that means it's for everyone, and frankly I dont care if their friend crashed. I used to crash alot and I never threw a fit if my spot was taken, I'd just move onto the next game.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

wolfoflegend
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfoflegend » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am

my opinion-
I think it is ok to save spots. I mean i know i like people saving my spot for me, and whenever i go into another game, they tell me they saving a spot, i leave willingly. I guess its just a matter of attitude.
"I have been abandoned by death for it has cursed me to live."

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

i think its ok if the pack member had a glitch, or would literally be back within the next minute.
But if someone is saving a spot for someone they think MIGHT come, then I find that a little mean. I mean, isn't that what private games are for?
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Asheek » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:18 pm

The number one reason I refuse to leave is that most of the time the person who crashed never comes back. I didn't allow saved spots in my games, and I really didnt care when people would tell me that their brother/friends wants into the game. I tell them to make a private game and if they can't too bad. I got tirred of being shoved from game to game and said to heck with it and let them throw thier hissy fit about me not leaving. I wouldent stalk/troll them unless I saw their game was still half empty a half hoour later and would renter and not leave again.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

Whirl-Oakpaw
Pup
Pup

Post by Whirl-Oakpaw » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Sometimes I find it slightly annoying, but I know that if I left suddenly without explaination, I would want them to hold a spot for at least 6 minutes, so I am fine with it.

I see no point in staying, because if you do, no one will play with you until you leave.

Thats just IMO. ^_^

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Whirl-Oakpaw wrote:Sometimes I find it slightly annoying, but I know that if I left suddenly without explaination, I would want them to hold a spot for at least 6 minutes, so I am fine with it.

I see no point in staying, because if you do, no one will play with you until you leave.

Thats just IMO. ^_^
I understand your opinion. I suppose if I started a game and it crashed and I made a new one, wanting the previous members of the game to join.. Maybe I'd give them 5 minutes to join and if they don't it'd be open to all games, although if someone entered and REALLY wanted to join in, I'd allow them. Don't want to ruin anyone's fun on the game ^^
"Its not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie.
.......... Dont give me those big wet eyes, Raggedy Man."

http://tinyurl.com/thefourclans

April

Post by April » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't have an issue with it. There are usually always other open games you can join and its no big deal really.

I can understand because sometimes they just meet a person they like to play wtih and then his/her computer crashes and kicks them off and the player automatically wants to save a spot until they return. I can understand that perfectly well and I don't hold anything against saving spots.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”