.::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

What's your mate's 'IQ' out of ten?

10 (Best)
15%
7-9
35%
4-6
30%
1-3 (Worst)
20%

Total votes: 638

Sacred
Pup
Pup

Re: .::: Mate 'IQ' :::.

Post by Sacred » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 am

(Male) Lupin - 9/10
Well, Lupin was pretty trustworthy with the pups. Once when I was patrolling the territory (I had stupidly left my two last pups at the den. D:), a bear was near the den, he came ALL the way back from the nearest hunting grounds and chased the predator off. He would stay and protect the pups whenever I was marking the territory or finding some food, then we'd switch and he did a perfect job on hunting. If he didn't kill Deline, one of the last two pups that had survived up to the journey, he would be a 10/10. While I was taking the other pup down to the crossing, he picked Deline up -so I assumed he would run back to me with her-, but when he comes back, Deline is missing. She got taken by the hawk. x.x Oh well, Lupin's a good mate.
"The Abyss of Night will Never Fail You" ~ Cascade
"Look to the stars for clues on life. The night is always there for you." ~ Arox

Known as CoalWolfess on YouTube

Cascade ~ Proud Member of The Dark Angels Pack

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:42 am

I will give my wolf's mate a 5/10 because he's really not a very good parent. He runs off whenever I'm there protecting them, which is really annoying because it's so hard when the pups wander around to keep them to stay by the den. I pick up one pup, bring it to the den, then turn around and pick up another, then another, then the first and second pup are already scattered. It's very confusing. When I go off, he runs to them as soon as he can, which I appreciate, but he doesn't defend them or help me chase any predators away. He sometimes stays around to help me pick them up, then he runs off to get food. The pups don't usually eat the food that he brings, only the food that I bring, but that's more the pups fault than it is his.
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

Silver-Stitches

Post by Silver-Stitches » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

I say my wolf's mates are usually a 6/10, though I can't be sure because I prefer to do everything myself. I'm a control freak lol.

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:29 pm

I would like to change my IQ to 4/10. My mate will let my pups die, or stalk me and follow me while our pups die or starve. I work so hard to bring our pups across the river, and he goes out of the way to bring them back across. He leaves the pups that stray away or can't move. He's really no help, unless he brings food, which seldom happens.
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

WolfHeart777
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolfHeart777 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 pm

My mate just stands there... and does nothing! Then he goes off to hunt for himself, and when he comes back me and our pups will be starving and he'll just --- Stand there!!!! It's really annoying and he doesn't help pick pups up to carry on The Journey or feed them or fight off predators or anything :|
Wolf, Wolf, burning bright
In the forests of the night :
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Vancouver Olympics!!!!!!
GO
USA!!!

icyequine
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by icyequine » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

I gave him a 1. My mate is actually one of the worst I've ever had, which is why I started playing with him first so i could get real good (good idea right? :3). His name is Reslicse and he does not:
- feed the pups
- bring them home
- hunt
- do anything x_x
he does do this though:
- bring the pups to bears, coyotes and the bird then leaves them (I do mostly rescue them though, no worries)
- stand perfectly still in the middle of the river in a very deep part with a pup (x_x)
- run off the map after stealing a pup from my mouth then letting them die (he's done this four times)
- go to the hunting grounds then just completely avoid all food sources except to feed himself (I followed him a few times)
Although I have managed to beat the game with three pups with him ^_^; So, it is possible with a horrible mate I guess. I have to admit one thing though, he chased off two coyotes while I got the bear :3
Now, I've yet to try it with the best mate I ever got x] I hope his smartness stays.

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:35 pm

My mate, BlackTip, is very helpful. He helps me hunt, and he runs toward food when i'm dying after a wolf encounter! I swear, he can read my mind! :shock: I haven't gone in Slough Creek with him and RipTide yet, i'm waiting for more experience points :) :wink: I want that white pup! Anyway, i'm very happy he does more than just follow me around (though he does that, too :mrgreen: ).
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

wolflover1
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolflover1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm

On the new fixed version, most of my wolves' mates would be anywhere from a 6/10 to a 9/10. On the old, buggy version, though, all my wolves' mates would've gotten anything from a 0/10 to a 5/10. (at the smartest).
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice, to deceive!"
-Walter Scott; Marmion

Snakes rock.

I A Series of Unfortunate Events!

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Aurora Alaska » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 am

Oh wow! What a horrible mate!

Mine doesn't do much. He fetches the pups. Amazing is my best mate so far. He brings back the pups and has really built up their blue meter while I was away hunting. When I go off just to get some food from a carcass or mark territory, he feeds them right away. I'll give Amazing a 6/10.
Aurora

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:48 pm

My mate doesn't truly help hunt; she just watches the pups while I'm away hunting or scavenging, and when I do need help hunting she's nowhere near! I'm ranking Alaska 1-3. As for Demon, he's pretty smart - he'll help hunt whenever he can, but he lacks in taking care of the pups even if I mark my territory...
I just hope Demon and Alaska get smarter and care for their sons and daughters! :D
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

My mates always function like a robot: solely for the pups. Before I finish marking my territory or even choose a den, I have to provoke him/her to hunt. All he/she does is seem to complain and badger at me, like repreating "let's go find a den, hunting is boring". I get my mate to hunt with me a lot though, but when we have pups, he/she's a drone.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

horsegril333
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by horsegril333 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 am

My mate is really helpful! I give him a 10/10. I think it is safe to say that he is the best mate. He does most of the training and feeding. You could say I am not as good a mate as he is. I bet if he ever rate me it will be a 8/10.When he feeds the pups he really Feeds the pups.I think our pups can survive without me.

stella
Pup
Pup

Post by stella » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 am

I give my mate 5/10 he does do much for me. All he does is wander into the elk grounds and came back not giving food to the pups. Also he carries the pups when i don't want him to or when i want to feed the pups. He is also good but rarely, he feeds the pups (only when they are nearly to their death) and carries them to me (on the last mission).

He is more useless than useful.
♥♥♫♫ Is now Dawn! ♫♫♥♥
•• Call me Dawn or Tip! ••
~~ Proud timber wolf! ~~

Kayama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kayama » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am

My mate is ok i'll give him a 7. He can take care of the pups just fine but sometimes he will get glitchy and it annoys me a lot. I guess it's just fun to watch :P

....(\_/)
....{. ."-;
..../....\
\_(.)_.\_\_

Arcticpup
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Arcticpup » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 am

I recently got SC to work for my computer, and so I named my wolf Sarene and her mate Bannen, The pups; Kurokal(Fav), Escance, Briita, and Haffal. I'd give Bannen about a 7, because the wolf was always hunting and NOT getting in my way, and he'd help feed the pups. But when the time for the journey came, eagles seemed to gain a certain attraction to little Briita, and I had to protect her instead of Kuko and Es, while Ban just stood near Haff. And of course, Ban felt wherever I was, was obviously safe for the pups. Charging at an eagle, have fun, pups! In the river, Swimming lesson! Charging back to grab a lagging pup, let's have them ALL lag, shall we? Thank gawd I made it through with all four.
Sarene + Bannen = Haffal, Escance, Briita, and Kukoral.
Kaj + Kakugi = Faru, Soll, Jenette, and Savine.
Arctic + Savar = Cleopa (Dead), Pebble (Dead), Storm (Dead), and Icis.

~ Girl put your records on, tell me your favorite song ~

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”