Is Lost River based on a real location?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

WolfieGirlXox
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Is Lost River based on a real location?

Post by WolfieGirlXox » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

I am just curious to know if Lost Rive is a real place / based on a real place
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tweaked the title.
Wolfie

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Is Lost River based on a real location?

Post by Neamara » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:55 am

Hi WolfieGirlXox,

Considering there is only a question in the message body, I've changed the topic title to reflect this. I'll also move this elsewhere as it doesn't appear to be a discussion.
  • ⋆ Moved to Tips, Hints, and Help ⋆
The Lost River depicted in-game is a purely fictitious location. There are known to be real world locations which share the same name, though this seems coincidental...? There has been plenty of speculation over the years that the location is modelled after Chernobyl and/or Pripyat -- owing to the presence of a similar amusement park. There hasn't been much commentary from the development team regarding Lost River's origins and influences, so most of what is "known" is up to player interpretation.

If you'd like to discuss the location and share your theories, you're welcome to participate in this thread-
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:48 am

I think that there's a movie called ''Lost River'' which takes place in an abandoned city? Talk about coincidence.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

TheRandomness
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheRandomness » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:50 am

Lost River gives me Chernobyl Vibes not going to lie by the abandoned city. The ferris wheel, and the large gashes in the side of the large either water tanks or nuclear tanks. But I do know either a dam or flood happened. and the Dam broke. causing a flood hince Allison Acers is flooded while the water way is fully dry since allison acers is blocked now by a beaver dam. So something happened. plus in the beginning the writing on the house sheds. but either way its pretty cool and gives me Chernobyl vibes.