A weird "bad word" that is blocked, 3.0

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

xc92u3

A weird "bad word" that is blocked, 3.0

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:42 am

Hello! This is a bit of a petty question (and request), but I'm curious to see why the word "pronounced" is blocked in WQ3 wolf biographies? I usually start my biographies like "[wolf name] (pronounced WULF-name) is [backstory/personality/appearance details]". But I can't write the word pronounced, because it always turns into asterisks (**********). So I have to rephrase my sentence, and it's a bit annoying. That, and if I use the word "pronounced" later in the biography to describe something to do with the wolf or whatever, I have to rephrase that one, too! A bit weird, I think. I'm curious as to why it's blocked.
And along with that, I would like to be able to write longer biographies for the wolves. It's kind of hard to give a good rundown of a character in such a tiny paragraph, especially when you're trying to include a little bit of backstory, and big, fancy words. Just a suggestion :)
Thank you!

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Re: A weird "bad word" that is blocked, 3.0

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:43 am

I've had problems like this before, but I've never tried writing pronounced in the wolf bios. probably because I don't really use names that are hard to pronounce. Instead, I have a wolf named Tetra (a type of fish), but I can't write it in the bio or have it as her name.
TimberRaven wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:42 am
And along with that, I would like to be able to write longer biographies for the wolves. It's kind of hard to give a good rundown of a character in such a tiny paragraph, especially when you're trying to include a little bit of backstory, and big, fancy words. Just a suggestion :)
Thank you!
And yeah, more space for more words would be awesome!
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

xc92u3

Re: A weird "bad word" that is blocked, 3.0

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Wait, so you're saying the word "tetra" is blocked? That's so weird! I've also noticed that a bunch of other seemingly-harmless words are blocked, too (though now I can't remember any of them, figures). Maybe it's a weird glitch? :lol: :roll: