The Scent Vision

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

Zebbaby
Pup
Pup
Name: Zebbaby, Zeb, or Zeb

The Scent Vision

Post by Zebbaby » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:58 am

Hi all reading! I hope you are having a great day/night and that you are enjoying the release of WQ AE! I just have a teensy weensy little question about the new scent vision mechanics in the game.

So, at first, I thought you were supposed to follow the colored scent dots in the direction they float, but that only ever took me to the edge of the map. Now that I am trying to to where they come from rather than where they're going, they seem to disappear. Any suggestions?
"Crazy,is the bravery and willingness to let one's creativeness, liveliness, and bravery bleed through without being afraid to face the consequences..

Insanity, is what happens to those who are too scared, and let the craziness run around inside them like the Tasmanian devil"

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: The Scent Vision

Post by paperpaws » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:19 am

The scent particles are being drifted towards you by the wind. If you follow them in the direction they're headed, it means you are indeed going away from the source that is emitting the scent.

Strange that they would seem to disappear when you try to follow them, though! Try looking around you to see if there is any stronger source to one of the sides. I've noticed that sometimes I am following a weaker trail than necessary.

Just keep trying that approach and it should work out!
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

Zebbaby
Pup
Pup
Name: Zebbaby, Zeb, or Zeb

Re: The Scent Vision

Post by Zebbaby » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:24 am

I believe I have figured it out, but thank you so much! I think they weren't disappearing as much as they were sort of trying to direct themselves left and right which is understandably slightly difficult.

Thank you for the advice, though!
"Crazy,is the bravery and willingness to let one's creativeness, liveliness, and bravery bleed through without being afraid to face the consequences..

Insanity, is what happens to those who are too scared, and let the craziness run around inside them like the Tasmanian devil"

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”