Remap Wolf Controls in WQ 3

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Remap Wolf Controls in WQ 3

Post by Polynesia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm

First off the game looks AMAZING and I love it! :D

But, I was wondering if you can map the arrow keys to replace the steering function of the mouse (since I only have a trackpad) like the old game, instead of moving the wolf horizontally. When I map the arrow keys or D and A keys for "right turn" and "left turn," nothing happens. My controls did not reset when I pressed the "reset" button so I'm not sure what they were before I started messing around, I am kind of lost now.. :? I was wondering if anyone has tips?
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Re: Remap Wolf Controls in WQ 3

Post by Paxis » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:26 pm

I agree this one's not trackpad-friendly like 2.7 is; I wound up getting frustrated with how much harder it is to hunt that way and started using a mouse instead lol. I definitely think there should be an option to use arrow keys when the full release comes out- it would be greatly appreciated! (I should hope adding that in wouldn't be too difficult? But I know nothing about programming so idk.)

Edit: I should also note that when hunting with the trackpad, I found that the game had a hard time registering when I wanted to target/untarget prey so I would sometimes be stuck targeted to something when I no longer wanted to be. That fixed immediately when I used a mouse.

´*.¨¯`**¨¯`*
Username in-game is Paxis and wolf is Azura

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:15 pm

I agree something is off with the control map. Using the arrow keys to steer your wolf with your right hand, and your left hand to do other things like sprint/emote/bite etc. means you have no control of the camera/view since that can only be controlled with a mouse. Without a third hand to move the mouse too, there is a lack of control of your wolf's movement and direction.

So I guess the only way to play is to configure the mouse clicks for basic movement and looking around, and our left hands control everything else. The arrow keys would not be used.

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Thx for the replies, I’m playing with a mouse now and it’s much easier than just trackpad. And yes, it would be nice to have that option in subsequent versions, for those not used to using a mouse etc. (:
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)