Transferring

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

DripDropp
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Droplet

Transferring

Post by DripDropp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 am

Hello! Quick question. Ive been playing WolfQuest on my phone for a while now. About a month ago, I purchased WolfQuest on Steam (PC). I was wondering, is there any way to get my saved data (Wolf, EXP, Achievements etc) transferred to my PC? Or do you need to start all over? Thanks!
Droplet
°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· wнιтe rιver wolғ pαcĸ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°
The river is everywhere

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Transferring

Post by paperpaws » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 am

DripDropp wrote:Hello! Quick question. Ive been playing WolfQuest on my phone for a while now. About a month ago, I purchased WolfQuest on Steam (PC). I was wondering, is there any way to get my saved data (Wolf, EXP, Achievements etc) transferred to my PC? Or do you need to start all over? Thanks!
I do not own any of the mobile copies myself at the moment so do not know this for sure, but have you tried logging in to the WolfQuest user account you are signed in with on your phone? I assume the request whether you want to pull the files of the server or not will appear if you do that, in which case everything should sync. If you were to create a new account with your PC key, then you would definitely have to start out fresh.

DripDropp
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DripDropp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:09 am

I did press sync and it didnt do anything.. well depends which side "sync" sre you talking about? Left, Right, top?
Droplet
The river is everywhere

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:50 am

DripDropp wrote:I did press sync and it didnt do anything.. well depends which side "sync" sre you talking about? Left, Right, top?
I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about, sorry! I am referring to the popup that sometimes appears when you log in to your game account in 2.7. This popup should tell you the local files do not match the files found on the game server, and ask whether you want to "push files to the server" (replace server files with local files) or "pull files from the server" (replace local files with server files). I imagine that if you were to get that prompt, and were to click "Pull from server", the files from your mobile account should now also be accessible by your PC. Again, you will have to use the account you made on the mobile version to log in to the PC version for this, rather than using the new account you're able to create with your PC key.

DripDropp
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DripDropp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Hmm, I will try this, thanks!
Droplet
The river is everywhere

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 am

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this topic. DripDropp, if you have any further questions or wish for this topic to be unlocked to discuss the issue further if it persists, please don't hesitate to ask us :]

- Topic Locked -
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite