We've decided to address an issue that is most commonly found here at the Tips, Hints, and Help section.
The repetition of answers is a form of SPAM. Even though you may be trying to help out users, please make sure your post is not repeating another post. If someone else has answered, please only post if you have something to add on or you are providing correct information if incorrect information has been provided.
A quote from the Forum Guidelines:
There are other ways to help out WolfQuest. Infact, there are quite many! We want you to know that answering questions here at the Tips, Hints, and Help board isn't the only way to help out.•Repeating answers- replying to questions that have already been answered or copying your previous post(s) and posting them into multiple topics
OTHER WAYS TO HELP OUT WOLFQUEST
- - Proper abuse reporting of multiplayer games
- Suggest ideas for upcoming games
- Make new users feel welcome
- Report problem posts or topics that you think, with good reason, should be locked, moved, etc.(You can report it by using the "!" tool located at the upper part of every post.)
- Positively, creatively, and constructively comment on user artwork and stories
- Participating actively in discussion about WolfQuest and/or answering questions with accurate information.
- Participating actively in discussion about wolves and/or answering questions with educational and accurate information; it shows us that users care about wolves and that they like to help educate people about them; also shows that users apperciate WolfQuest's attempts to educate users and they would like to help.
- Show interest for the game/forums; start new interesting topics that you think are helpful.
- Keep yourself active during the year; keep it constant. We like active users! (because you are what keeps WolfQuest going) (:
- Keep a positive attitude
ABOUT ANSWERING QUESTIONS
When answering questions, please post in a very informative and clear manner. Always check to make sure your information is correct, and it is encouraged you at least provide a link or a quote to back your information up; however this is not mandatory.
If you have doubts about what a user has posted above you, meaning you do not think that the information they have provided is correct, politely post the correct information. It is advised that when doing so in correction, you place links or quotes to prove that you have the correct information. Please do not argue when doing so.
Please, when you post on a topic that has someone trying to get their question answered, do not just say 'Hope you get it fixed soon' or 'Good luck with getting it solved; hope it works' unless you were actually the person who just helped the user. Help the user with information that can help solve the user's problem.
>following added by Sintact<
Active users that wish to help should promote the FAQ section in order to back-up their information. Encourage the asker about the usage of the category, and make sure next time they search for their question before asking and making a topic.
If the question has already been answered (or too many ways of solutions posted) but the author of the topic still doesn't state if the problem is solved or not; do not continue posting in that topic until the author does.
If you don't know the answer of the question, but you are having the same problem as the author, just wait until the question has been answered and try the same solutions. Posting your personal experiences with the game is not encouraged while answering a question; this will be considered as spam/off-topic. Similarly, if you do not know the answer, please refrain from posting a response unless you are actually contributing to the topic in some form or another.
Thank you for wanting to help out WolfQuest and taking the time to read this notice.