The Isle

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Re: The Isle

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:16 am

I don't know if the game can run very well on the notebook, I'm thinking of buying one, or maybe buy a video card for my PC, which is 6000 years old...(ignore this) xD
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator
I felt like a deer in the lights

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 am

• I don't think it'd run on a notebook but you never know, it runs on mine if it's windowed and on low, so it could work out???
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—
๐–ฃ๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ๐—†๐–ป๐–พ๐—‹ ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉ | ๐–ด๐–ฎ๐–ณ๐–ฌ
๐– ๐—๐–บ๐—๐–บ๐—‹ | Lupe

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 am

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • I don't think it'd run on a notebook but you never know, it runs on mine if it's windowed and on low, so it could work out???
I think even in Notebook Gamer, could not run very well, the most indicated is the PC, that's what I understood in the Requirements...
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

Shiranuiii

Post by Shiranuiii » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

• Ahh, rip.

I actually decided to reinstall it for a friend and I'm having a hard time running it, like it lags and it never used to?? it's such a strange game, lmao.
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 am

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • Ahh, rip.

I actually decided to reinstall it for a friend and I'm having a hard time running it, like it lags and it never used to?? it's such a strange game, lmao.
Haha, I've never played The Isle, because my PC can not run .-.
I've learned that the game has not yet officially released, wow xD
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

CMGInfinity
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CMGInfinity » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:18 pm

I've actually been playing The Isle for a very, very long time and I've been an admin on one of the servers for a while. I've figured out the community and aspects of computers you can pay attention to to be able to play the game.

First of all, The Isle is processor intensive. If you have a quad core processor with at least 2.5 GHz on it then you'll be able to run it okay on low settings. The graphics card is important, yeah, but a GTX 960 will work fine (which isn't too expensive, maybe $50-80).

I do absolutely love the animations and depth the devs go into with the dinosaurs and plotline of the game. It is worth the buy, but the community isn't.. the best. But I don't play the game for other people, albeit there are people that are quite friendly within the game/community (I'm certainly willing to try and help people out).

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 pm

I have around 500 hours into the Isle. I only stopped playing once progression was introduced and enforced. I don't like spending hours 'grinding' to get to a dinosaur I enjoy playing as, only to lose all of my progress and start over after being killed/dying of starvation, etc. It is just a waste of time and is not even fun.

And now that humans are added? You can forget it.

I recognize the need for the progression system (to prevent people from playing T-Rex/powerful herbivores all the time), but I don't have that kind of time to sink into the game anymore.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

LupinzPack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Lupe

Post by LupinzPack » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 pm

I've been looking into getting this game recently but I'm highly doubting my laptop can run it. My gpu is severely outdated, unfortunately, and the graphics are beautiful so it would feel like a crime to run it on the lowest settings (also I think my laptop would actually catch on fire anyways).
I'm agreeing with the humans thing. I get what they're trying to do but it seems like a primal carnage kind of thing now?

I dunno, maybe one day when I'm better equipped to run it better I'll get it.
โ‹ฏโ—ฆโ€ข ๐ŸŒด โ€ขโ—ฆโ‹ฏ
โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–
โ—ฆI ABSOLUTELY HATE YOUR VIBEโ—ฆ
โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–โ‰–
Av/Sig - Lupe

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:55 am

I'm surprised I've never posted here, considering The Isle is probably the game I play the most out of the few I invest my time into.

Progression is busted, I have to agree, and I was very happy to learn that the devs hate it as well. It seems like Survival is their focus now, which is something I can get more behind. They've also discussed making apexes (Rexs, Spinos, Gigas) AI, with a few player injections, which should help even out the population a bit. Granted none of this has been implemented yet so I don't know if the devs are just spitballing or?

The actual idea of humans being implemented into the game doesn't bother me so much, especially with the line of lore the devs are taking, but I am concerned about how it'll actually play out. As others have mentioned, a large chunk of this game's community is trash and I just know some losers are gonna use humans to cause as much trouble as possible. It's already happened with the megapacks and multi species packs/carebearing. Man, it'd just be nice if people would play this game like they're supposed to. The Isle in theory is such an amazing and unique concept, which makes it almost heartbreaking when people start ruining things for other players and devs have to make changes they wouldn't need to if those people didn't act out.

Anyway yeah. I love dinosaurs.
--
โ—‹ โ–บ ฯŸฯŸโŽถ[ฯŸ]โŽถฯŸฯŸ โ—€๏ธŽ โ—‹
I've lost my way within this town
โ€ฯŸโŒฟ
เถถฦ–ฦฆฦ€ฦ ฦฦŽ๊’š
โ€ฯŸโŒฟ
The tranquil แŽถแžแŽพแŽณ of the song I know, it guides me
โ—โ–ด ฯŸฯŸฯŸฯŸโŽถ[ฯŸ]โŽถฯŸฯŸฯŸฯŸ โ–ดโ—
--
ั•ฮนggฮนั”@NoyaTusk
ฮฑฮฝฮฝฮนั”@LupinzPack

XxLuna_the_WolfxX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by XxLuna_the_WolfxX » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am

I flipping LOVE The Isle but I can't get it myself so I just watch people (Anthomnia) play it :') RIP me
And I saw someone say that the developer is rude? I've personally talked to him and he's super nice! He's just kinda blunt about things. But, either way, he's no where near rude.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.

To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. -Thich Nhat Hanh

CMGInfinity
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CMGInfinity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm

XxLuna_the_WolfxX wrote:I flipping LOVE The Isle but I can't get it myself so I just watch people (Anthomnia) play it :') RIP me
And I saw someone say that the developer is rude? I've personally talked to him and he's super nice! He's just kinda blunt about things. But, either way, he's no where near rude.
Heโ€™s only rude when the immature playerbase really anger him! I donโ€™t find him rude myself, I stand behind Dondi (the lead dev). In the beginning he was basically told off and ridiculed for trying to dream up a game like The Isle, but what did he do? He was determined and made something many others love. I look up to him for that. I just wish people werenโ€™t so nasty to him, theyโ€™re taking advantage of his video game while they destroy his creation in theory, itโ€™s not right.

The Dancing Demon
Pup
Pup
Name: Rak

Post by The Dancing Demon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:26 pm

I really used to love this game, but I've sort of ventured out to other games and don't play as often anymore. Maybe I'll go and play a little bit later, see what's different, maybe get addicted again, lol.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:49 pm

WisheyWalshy wrote:I really used to love this game, but I've sort of ventured out to other games and don't play as often anymore. Maybe I'll go and play a little bit later, see what's different, maybe get addicted again, lol.
kind of in the same boat as you. i stopped playing around early september because i got really into another video game and just got distracted in general, but i recently got back into watching Dondi's dev streams and i think i might load up the game again today.

the cannibals they're working on are great. i mean, i am going to miss the game as a dinosaurs-only survival thing, but adding in the other aspects will hopefully liven things up a bit more.
--
โ—‹ โ–บ ฯŸฯŸโŽถ[ฯŸ]โŽถฯŸฯŸ โ—€๏ธŽ โ—‹
I've lost my way within this town
โ€ฯŸโŒฟ
เถถฦ–ฦฆฦ€ฦ ฦฦŽ๊’š
โ€ฯŸโŒฟ
The tranquil แŽถแžแŽพแŽณ of the song I know, it guides me
โ—โ–ด ฯŸฯŸฯŸฯŸโŽถ[ฯŸ]โŽถฯŸฯŸฯŸฯŸ โ–ดโ—
--
ั•ฮนggฮนั”@NoyaTusk
ฮฑฮฝฮฝฮนั”@LupinzPack

Shiranuiii

Post by Shiranuiii » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am

I got a new laptop last year and since then I've actually been able to run The Isle on high but most of the interesting servers have either died out or become 'no rules' and it's no fun trying to survive 24/7 and getting mauled when all you want to do is hang out with your friends. I've been a fan of Isle since it first came out but it's gone from good to bad to worse honestly. It lacks in content ngl and the community can still be quite toxic :/

Blaze02
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Blaze02 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Hey! Couldn't help notice the subject title being the Isle. I've had about 2,000 hours into that game and I've been playing since the release about 3 years ago. From back then till now, the game is very performance heavy although I have met some people using laptops to play the game.

I will say the game is graphically stunning, and the biggest reason why you'd want to buy it. The animations are fluid and the graphics are very realistic and for a game to be considered EA, there are very little bugs as they update the game in this mode called 'Dev Branch', which is essentially public testing.

As for gameplay, well, if you want to walk around, hunt, nest and eat as a dinosaur with other online people in a huge map, then this is the game for you, but outside of that there isn't much to it; of course, there may be more content coming in the future as it is EA. The game is also very time consuming if you choose to play the Survival game mode, it takes hours to grow as a creature (7 hours for a Rex) and if you die, you lose all your progress and have to start all over again. I'd be alright with that if the gameplay of growing wasn't just sit-in-a-bush simulator...

While the lead developer Dondi, I have heard and seen cases of him being rude or unfair to his community for little reason such as treating his following like immature children or using mutant creatures (that the public doesn't have access to yet) to kill other people who spent hours growing a Giga or Rex.

I've been taking a break from this game, but I won't lie that, despite I'm very indifferent towards the gameplay, I've met amazing people and had some great moments in that game. Yes, there's a lot of toxic people, but the majority of my friend online have been from this game and I'm not sure what I'd do without them. There's a stigma about the game that the entire community is toxic, but that isn't true, you just need to find the right servers (and not play on official).

For those wanting to play the game but not having the right system requirements to run it, then you could check out Beasts of Bermuda. It's a similar game to The Isle with less demanding graphics and while The Isle plans to add mutants and cannibals, this game will strictly stay as a dinosaur survival. This game is also EA though, it's only a few months old, so bugs are to be expected.