Ideas for Future Updates

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Ogk1990
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Ideas para nuevos episodios /actualizaciones futuras

Post by Ogk1990 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:29 am

ok

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Ideas para nuevos episodios /actualizaciones futuras

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Ogk1990 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:29 am
ok
Please remember to include at least three or more words in your posts. By our current Forum Guidelines, anything less is SPAM!
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

solar-mutt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates

Post by solar-mutt » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:48 am

I suggest adding a tagging feature to wolves the way that tags are in multiplayer! There could be tags like "dog" or "arctic wolf" and such for roleplay characters, and/or the tags could be write-in. This would be useful in the wolf carousel. Alternatively, the search/filter feature could automatically or have an option to search by words in the wolf's bio in addition to name or pack! I have a few dog/wolfdog and coyote characters so this would be a neat feature.

(This is my first post, so please let me know if I have done something incorrectly!)
Last edited by solar-mutt on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyRiderMusic
Pup
Pup

Post by SkyRiderMusic » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Unfortunately, that could confuse players in single player, and it wouldn't make sense as WolfQuest takes place specifically in yellowstone. It would be a lot of work to add a whole new feature for something that doesn't really apply to non-rp players and that goes against the specific science based aspect of wolfquest being about northwestern gray wolves

Kitsuhime
Pup
Pup
Name: Asuna, Kitsu

Post by Kitsuhime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:16 am

I have mentioned it upon the feedbacks but I think it could also be useful writing here ^^
Mates are essential upon gameplay, so I would love them to carry items (meat chunks, small carcasses etc.) and drink water like our player wolf does. It would also be really helpful with pups.
Other than that, I'm not really sure about the physics of them wagging tail when laying or sitting down (this happens while howling) maybe it could use a little tweak and our wolf could have a similar feature too :D
Regarding emotes, ear emotes aren't compatible with growling/snarling/whining etc. like the NPC wolves do have, and some ear and tail emotes dissipate quickly when used together. Maybe this could also use a tweak in the future ^^
I don't have any other idea as of yet, but I'll make sure to share them if I do!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm

I'd like a way to reminisce when iron wolves pass away from old age (since the save for iron wolves is deleted, no matter how they die).
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SmolGrimm2021
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Grimm

Post by SmolGrimm2021 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 am

Suggestion: RP

Ive been thinking... To solve rper drama, over worrying about eating etc, make a map, based on maybe one of the maps already in game or a custom map designed by the Wolf Quest team. So basically, this map could act as a large map, and be abundant in prey such as elk, deer, hares, and maybe even skunks. Grizzlies, npc wolves, pumas and eagles can be toggeable for those who still want a challenge.
And to add to this topic, play as pup can be part of it! so players can play as a pup, as well as maybe rp sheets in game to let players add fun roles etc to rp with.
Another thing to think of is maybe rping pregnant wolf? Like add that to the rp mode, so players can rp being a she wolf expecting pups etc (this is just an idea or example)
As for hunger, thirst, and sleep, just make it optional, to allow players or server owners to decide whether or not to have them.
Like I said, if this is in any way a bad idea, disable quests/xp gain, to prevent cheating. And the injury system could be toggleable, but that would mean the player who gets injured would have to either toggle it off for themself or remain injured until they disable it.
I think this would help rpers greatly, especially those who want to film, they most likely dont want to be mauled by a bear, or ambushed by random npc wolves when their filming... In my opinion, this could open up a new gate way, of potential RP game pack? To purchase for the game?
(I expanded on the rp side, to provide better details or insight into it)

And another suggestion I'd thought I'd pop in here, for players wanting dens they can place, just make caves that appear like piles of rocks or large logs etc and they can be customized by color to appear camouflaged with the environment. Kind of like lets say, a large log with vines all over it and offers basic shelter from rain, predatures and other things.

I'm hoping some of these get taken into consideration, feel free to try the den one, just thought I'd suggest a alternate to digging into the terrain.

And I think thats it for now, I may add more to my post, not sure yet. Let me know what you think!
Last edited by SmolGrimm2021 on Sat May 14, 2022 7:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
I like rp, film, and mainly cats/dogs :D

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:22 pm

I have an idea, I was wondering if we could add multiple generations to a pack. Whenever you go back to slough creek(even if its an experienced wolf with the same mate) you have to start over in a new pack with a new name. I would like to see an option to continue the pack instead...I mean we have literally many wolves out there with the initial 14M or 24F but they are in the same pack. They can't all be from the same litter, which means you can continue to the next year with another litter in the same pack just with a different Id tag for each pups. I could see how names could get in the way of this, but you could try to implement something in the game were it will always show as like a side title the pack ID for each wolf along with its name. If its the same wolf, with the same mate, why can't we have the same pack just with a different litter? I still think this should be optional though, what if we wanted a fresh start, or we simply implemented a new mate into the pack because the old one died? Just a thought.

-Zoopal55 :wolf:

Edit: May try to find the discord server for this, if I can.
Last edited by Zoopal55 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucytron
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lucytron » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:50 pm

After the Tower Fall episode/quest, there should be a 'Return to Slough Creek' episode where some of your grown pups (maybe depending on which ones have the highest affinity?) help your wolf & wolf's mate raise the next litter. They wouldn't follow you like your mate does, but would go around and help hunt/defend/play with pups/mark territory depending on their personality attributes.

There could also be conflict within the pack based on how the different members get along with each other. Your wolf would be able discipline disruptive members of the pack, but if one of them gets too unhappy, they might leave...

SkyRiderMusic
Pup
Pup

Post by SkyRiderMusic » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:24 am

SmolGrimm2021 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 am
So I've recently bought the game and dlcs from steam, and have a few suggestions I thought I'd mention here...
Make multiplayer have a rp friendly mode, so you can set up the hunger decreasing, thirst, toggle npc wolves, as well as other interesting features since some players want to rp not just survive, add heterochromia, albino and a few other defects for players.

And another suggestion I'd thought I'd pop in here, for players wanting dens they can place, just make caves that appear like piles of rocks or large logs etc and they can be customized by color to appear camouflaged with the environment. Kind of like lets say, a large log with vines all over it and offers basic shelter from rain, predatures and other things.

I'm hoping some of these get taken into consideration, feel free to try the den one, just thought I'd suggest a alternate to digging into the terrain.
Adult wolves don't use shelter of any sort since their fur is fluffy enough to protect from the elements. Dens are only for small pups (who quickly outgrow that need once they're 2 months, old enough to go to the rendezvous site)
In addition, albinism has actually never been seen in wolves, and I think heterochromia is only in dog hybrids. The developers like hearing unique ideas, but they try to stick as close to nature as possible to teach people about the wild

MikuiManokit
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MikuiManokit » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:20 pm

I feel like it would be really cool if there was elk and deer antlers laying (spawning?) Around the maps during the appropriate times of the year. And we could pick them up and chew on them like the pups do with sticks! ^^

https://wildlife.org/wolves-help-shape- ... rs%20early.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 pm

MikuiManokit wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:20 pm
I feel like it would be really cool if there was elk and deer antlers laying (spawning?) Around the maps during the appropriate times of the year. And we could pick them up and chew on them like the pups do with sticks! ^^

https://wildlife.org/wolves-help-shape- ... rs%20early.
That's a great idea, one I've lowkey wanted to have in the game for a long time. It would be really cool if we'd be able to randomly find antler sheds from all three of the antlered species in the game (Elk, Mule Deer and Moose) since all three of those species shed and regrow their antlers each year. That would also make the game world feel more alive and lived-in. It would also be a cool feature if we could pick up shed antlers and carry them around, and I'm sure that could make for some interesting screenshot opportunities!

It would be even cooler if there were achievements that require players to find some of these antler sheds (sort of like the Scavenger Hunt achievements for Amethyst and Slough Creek, only in this case it would require players to find antler sheds instead of the normal collectible items). That would add even more reasons for players to go out and explore the map.

CometPVP
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CometPVP » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:37 pm

I wish that we could see who is in each server. Then it would be easier to select a server with friends in it/

SkyRiderMusic
Pup
Pup

Post by SkyRiderMusic » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:26 pm

Antlers would be a fun achievement object to pick up! Maybe for some future dlc area like Tower Fall, or the bigger Lost River

Doenut
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Doenut » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 am

With the New Wolf Quest Saga I'd like to say.
Great work all the staff who helped develop the game from humble beginnings to now.

I'd like to see implemented a true wolf's experience in the Generations.

1: After wolves grow into yearlings and we as parents move to the next adventure, I think it'd be good if the screen fades to black after finishing raising your pups to get to the home screen. When you select your wolf again you spawn in the map you finished growing your pup.. but in Fall. With a random 1-3 young wolves that stayed behind and didn't disperse. This number would be random each year, giving it a realistic feeling that not all answered the "call of the wild" just yet.
Why> This would make our pack size a maximum of 5 like in multiplayer, but they're your kids. There would be a chance only 1 or NONE stayed behind. This would greatly change each year's experience and dynamically alter the lifespan of your wolf's story. Good years with a full pack, or slim years with just your mate.

2: Hunt in the fall with your kids "free roaming" to determine your pack's home location. Just like how there's a guiding star to show you to slough creek when you leave amethyst mountain. If each map in fall had star locations to select where to start pups would be great.
Why> It allows you to practice sometime with your pups as adults now, see what it's like to have a pack hunt together. Finally kill that bison or moose. Free roam until winter, enjoy having your pack with you, without having to play multiplayer to feel surrounded by friends. And then when your ready, travel to the star indicator to stay or leave. Thus starting at establishing territory in the new location or in the current one. Why wouldn't you have the same territory from last year? Development would be tricky, and wolves territories are organic, they shift. Gives you the chance to try a new spot on the same map too.

3. Raise your new litter with your kids helping you around the den. You must still "woof" your cubs into the den to hunt with the whole pack. But now you can see all the wolves walking around, engaging, playing, and the kids help mark territories. When you go to move dens, see your older kids on the sides of the convoy, helping guide the pups. See your kids chase off a predator or two. When you finally raise the litter to the 20lbs ending, return the stars to the map! Allow us to take everyone to a new map or stay there. When the pups reach the end of summer, all the oldest wolves will be gone by fall. And the new generation will decide to stay or go.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”