A Mysterious Gift....

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

mistwolf3350
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Hope

A Mysterious Gift....

Post by mistwolf3350 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:18 am

Behold. The majestic, floppy, scalely, fish. Legend has it that the great feathered god in the sky bestowed it upon the land dwelling wolves as a token of luck.

While in multiplayer today I was running around the outskirts of the Lost River town when something strange came up. I saw the green bite icon pop up in the middle of my screen, and to the top right, a food bar that was labelled fish. I was so shocked. I walked closer and saw it was indeed a fish. I was so confused to what it was doing in the middle of the map, so far away from water.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9b5db77d4a9 ... 757ba0.png

Someone explained that eagles could sometimes drop fish which I thought was super awesome! I had no idea. After we all gathered around it we took turns holding it lol

https://64.media.tumblr.com/edc32ffd4ba ... 733b2a.png

It was fun :3c

:eagle:

P.S. Does anybody know exactly how frequently eagles drop fish?
Blood hardly defines one's character. We are made by our actions, not our blood.
-Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

========================
:wolf: Wolves of the Beyond
:owl: Guardians of Ga'hoole

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: A Mysterious Gift....

Post by Neamara » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Eagles can and will drop their kills, though I'm unsure if it's pure random luck that causes it, or if they're startled by player wolf presence...?

You're more likely to find a fish carcass in the Lost River (Classic) map due to its smaller size and the prevalence of water. Eagles can and do drop fish in Amethyst Mountain, though they're somewhat rarer // harder to find unless you're within range of Lamar River. At least, that's been my experience so far. In any case, you may sometimes see eagles diving into a body of water to catch fish. :P
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

mistwolf3350
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Hope

Re: A Mysterious Gift....

Post by mistwolf3350 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:59 pm

I never considered that the drop would be more likely in The Lost River because of the surrounding body of water... That's such an obvious thing that I missed lol. I actually have seen eagles dive into water to catch fish on Amethyst Mountain, but never seen them drop it. I wonder if there's a way to trigger the drop or if it's completely random.
Blood hardly defines one's character. We are made by our actions, not our blood.
-Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

========================
:wolf: Wolves of the Beyond
:owl: Guardians of Ga'hoole

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”