Funny/sad/frustrating stories in wolfquest 3!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Funny/sad/frustrating stories in wolfquest 3!

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:32 pm

In wolfquest 3 what have been some sad frustrating or funny moments for you?
Once I managed to bring down a cow moose :shock: only for a wolf pack to steal it! :x :x :x (that story was a frustrating moment.) Once I was starving my mate on purpose (because she was lazy and left me for dead a lot) i caught many hares and just as she was about to eat one I quickly snatched it. I watched as she tried to play with me in her last moments, but I just growled. She collapsed over dead :twisted: That's what she gets for barely helping me!(that story was a funny moment, yeah I know, I'm brutal.) Another time a sow was attacking me when suddenly another sow comes charging in and saves me!(A funny moment.) Another time I was near the canyon and I was in head-cam and I was backing up when I suddenly fell off the cliff(a sad moment) I will never do head cam again!
What are your stories?
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Funny/sad/frustrating stories in wolfquest 3!

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:49 am

One of my most frustrating moments in the game was when I tried to kill a moose calf, but stranger wolves just kept coming and intervening. I still haven't managed to kill a moose calf even now. Another frustrating moment was when I realized that the game wouldn't allow me to choose an emote to use. I got really frustrated because I had a potential mate nearby with four star diversity and couldn't use any of the emotes to court her. Luckily I found a very simple and easy fix for that problem and was able to eventually get a mate. A funny moment was when my mate randomly jumped off of a cliff (luckily I had mate permadeath turned off) and it took me a little while to find her again.

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:43 pm

This has happened to me twice. So, my wolf is starving and i catch a scent of a moose carcass. Good right? Not for me, right when i arived i saw the carcass going down into the ground and two stranger wolves (or one) had eaten it. I was very unhappy.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:12 pm

I had a hard time with my wolf and the emotes! It was soooooo frustrating, because of the fact that I I did not use emotion for my wolf. The other wolves would just keep trying to kill me, luky for me, I used a whimpring emote fpor my wolf. And I finally got free! WHOOOOOO YA! And the hard thing for me was, I just literally sat there watching my wolf get mulled by pack wolves, not knowing what to do! SO FRUSTRATEING!!! I think if we had the emotes as some keys, and that it would be easy in settings to change them. (and knowing what to do in a fight.....)
Exsample:
(# 1 key on the keyboard) = Whimper (#2 on keyboard) Raise Tail = (#3 on the keyboard) = bark
We would be able to choose what goes where :D That way, it won't be so frustrating! (Ps! I have NO CLUE on how to use the favorites keys in the emotes tab! It is Sooooo confusing!
----Please make it easier---- (((so like, along the emotes tab, would be another tab. that would say; Organize keyboard emotes and a keyboard screen would appear all gray but would show you what keys are available/non-availible to use. (green available, pale red for non-availability((not available includes the keys for walking, howling jumping, bathroom use, biteing, etc.. this is red. already built-in, and not changeable)) the sky blue you can change into green, if you don't want to use the key, or green into blue. where you can have an emote key and use it: green stands for. Hey! I am available to have an emote. and blue would say, Hey I already have an emote, but you can change me to another one or to green and not use me you want :) and there would be a button that would say; change the key. and it would give you a list of all the emotes and pictures with them. and when you click on the emote, you can then click a key available or an already blue key that you want. it would be highlighted when clicked. and would ask you if you wanted to change the emote key to that emote you clicked. or just keep the current emote, or make it clean green.)))
ITS GOING TO BE OKAY!!!!!

There is always a Light in the world...

Link
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am

A cougar "saved me" yesterday. My mate and I had recently killed a mule deer. Well, we were right at the border of wolf territory! I fell asleep to recharge my energy and health. When I woke up, I was confronted by a stranger black wolf. The carcass also attracted a cougar.. and the wolf chased after the cougar instead of me. I had enough time to eat more of the carcass and grab a chunk before abandoning it.
Another amazing moment was when I was hunting elk in wolf territory (right at the border). Suddenly, the territory disappeared because it was marked so low :D! I could then rest peacefully with my food without having to worry about pesky wolves (when I woke up all I attracted was a fox lol).

[edit]
Yesterday, i ran into my mate's brother. He was carrying a piece of meat, and I chased him and bit him so he could drop it. Heh I'm mean.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:25 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am
A cougar "saved me" yesterday. My mate and I had recently killed a mule deer. Well, we were right at the border of wolf territory! I fell asleep to recharge my energy and health. When I woke up, I was confronted by a stranger black wolf. The carcass also attracted a cougar.. and the wolf chased after the cougar instead of me. I had enough time to eat more of the carcass and grab a chunk before abandoning it.
Another amazing moment was when I was hunting elk in wolf territory (right at the border). Suddenly, the territory disappeared because it was marked so low :D! I could then rest peacefully with my food without having to worry about pesky wolves (when I woke up all I attracted was a fox lol).

[edit]
Yesterday, i ran into my mate's brother. He was carrying a piece of meat, and I chased him and bit him so he could drop it. Heh I'm mean.
Oh WOW hadn't realized you could encounter other wolves carrying chunks of meat let alone make them drop them lol. Will have to look out for this for sure!!

Star_The_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Star_The_Wolf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm

I was running towards a cliff, but stopped at the last moment, and my mate just flew right off... :shock:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:12 pm

I remember a grizzly stealing a hard-earned carcass from me and my mate, and while trying to get it back, the grizzly killed my mate.
...So I killed her cub.
And I peed and slept on it. That night was also the first time I'd ever seen the aurora in the game. :lol: The sky was congratulating me!

And then I was hunting a doe, it took forever, and then our health bars were both slivers. One more bite, I knew, and it'd die. So I bit it. We both dropped dead side by side. Frankly, it was a cool and dramatic scene.

I also remember killing another doe, but then watching as her fawn looked around confusedly, and wandered off, unsure of where to go. So I followed it. It ran and ran and ran from me, and I kept biting it whenever I could. This was in late afternoon, and the chase continued well into the night. By morning, we were casually trotting side by side, and we were both exhausted. It made some pretty cool screenshots and video clips, me strolling along with a fawn by my side. This adorable spotted frenemy was eaten shortly after I grew bored with it. :roll:

One more story. This isn't actually 3.0, it's 2.7, but who cares? Okay, so I was playing a private game with @katlove, and we wanted to try to beat the pup weight record (we failed miserably), and we herded elk in front of the den, but the way we killed them resulted in a somewhat effective fence that locked one of the pups between all the carcasses and the den itself. XD It was actually kind of handy.
And we made it up all the way to nearly 300 pounds with one pup, but the other two somehow managed to reach 15 pounds in weight and then it switched to the next mission, which was the rendezvous mission. I said I wanted to stay at the den, hoping the pup's weight wouldn't reset, and it didn't! For a while, at least. Then I checked and it was back to ten. >:| And then, eventually, we got bored and didn't know what to do with the pups... so we "sacrificed one of them to the dragons" and played around with the fat one. We carried him all the way from the Bison Peak den to the Saddle Meadows den, then drowned him in the nearest pond. Then, after the "All the pups are dead!" popup came up, we just sat around chatting. XD

AStrangerOnline
Pup
Pup
Name: Mochi

Post by AStrangerOnline » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:54 am

I just got it a few days ago, and I already have a story, haha.

My wolf was fighting with another dispersal male, Cinnibar, I think. It was pretty normal for the most of it, until he caught my wolf's throat. He wriggled, as you do when someone grabs your throat, but they both yeeted up into the sky and came back down in the place that they were before, Cinnibar still holding on.

Pretty amusing and probably due to me having my laptop on a higher setting than it could manage, thus causing glitches and bugs.

Shadow-Pups14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadow-Pups14 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:31 pm

I'm not sure if this was funny or frustrating but I was hunting with one of my wolves and had taken down an elk. I wanted to get another one so that I could start finding a mate. So I started following where the herd went and on my way there was a cow moose just minding it's own business. I passed by it without pausing and saw that u was just close enough that it turned to look at me to defend itself (like prey would). Now when I got close to the elk herd I slowed down and started stalking to get as close as I could. At right about that moment that moose came charging up to me and kicked me, killing me right there and then. I couldn't believe it followed me that far to kill me just because I startled it. From now on I'm very careful when there's a moose nearby :moose:

Kayeotic
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kayeotic » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:13 am

This was my first time playing on Accurate so, yeah you could tell how this happened lolol.

My mate and I had just finished hunting a cow elk, and my wolf, Arlo, was getting sleepy so I let him rest for a bit, only to wake up and find a bear and its cub just vibing in front of us, by vibing I mean growling and all that - so my mate, being the bold wolf she is, darted right at the bear. I literally yelled at my pc irl and my cat was also watching, looking pretty confused as i literally panicked

I had permadeath on too, so that also explains the immediate panic, but this wolf was not messing around ,she managed to dodge a few swipes but her health was getting super low, and I had gotten a few bites in too - and just about when the bear was going to leave, the bugger swiped one last time and Mulan, the mate...had died :(

Arlo is still pretty much looking for a new mate...the poor boy. One day you will find someone that will not throw themselves into a bears jaws...as heroic as it was-

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:22 am

Once I was doing the "look for a mate" quest, so I slept near wolf pack territory, hoping to attract dispersals...which I did. Next morning there was a lone grey dispersal male with a 3 ⭐ diversity rate, so I began courtship and he seemed interested... Until a group of females from the same pack came, chased him off, and attacked me. :shock:

I managed to track him back, fortunately.
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 am

A pack of dispersals came and saved me from a cougar trying to steal my bison carcass lol. Like, thanks guys. They kept biting and snarling at the cougar until it ran off. I joined in on the fun and took a few screenshots of it, since we almost looked like a wolf pack.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm

I've got two here, LOL
Spoiler
Show
Honestly I joined a game where everyone was in the middle of a roleplay. So after reading everyone's bios I then joined the RP and it was fun and all... but then, suddenly, nearly everyone had to go, and pretty much all at the same time. So we grouped up and resorted to throwing ourselves off the cliffs repeatedly and then I had to go as well! So then a new player joined right as everyone's jumping off cliffs and leaving the game and stuff and they were like whaaa and then the game ended. :lol: :roll: :lol:
Spoiler
Show
I was getting chased by a wolf pack, and I was on the verge of death (I had been bullying a grizzly cub before so I was a bit scratched and bruised)... I pause to try to snag a hare, but when I stop to shake it all up, the wolves come swarm me and I drop. After howling around my "Near Death!" corpse (it was a multiplayer game), one of them picks up the hare I killed, moves it away from me, then puts it down and eats it. :|

JaggedEvenin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jag, Jagged

Post by JaggedEvenin » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 pm

No clue if this counts as funny, it's more cute honestly, but just today while playing I picked out a mate and she had a friend with her. This other dispersal walks off and not to far away runs into two male dispersals! What a coincidence, but I decide to stick around to see who picks up the female, if NPCS even group up for courtship and mates (because I'd never witnessed this before but there's been so many updates). Sure enough to males play around and she responds, and suddenly one male leaves while my mate's friend and newfound mate run off to hunt a moose. Very fun to watch them all interact!
"H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K. = Half Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge."

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”