TCRF Page for WolfQuest 2.7

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Grey

TCRF Page for WolfQuest 2.7

Post by TheCatInGrey » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 pm

I made a page on The Cutting Room Floor for Wolfquest 2.7, mostly because there are some WEIRD things in there, that I have yet to see documented anywhere else (I'm gonna be seeing Muktar in my nightmares).

https://tcrf.net/WolfQuest_2.7

I'm still adding stuff, but if anyone has any additional information or unused content they know of, feel free to add it or let me know!
.w.

xc92u3

Re: TCRF Page for WolfQuest 2.7

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 am

Hahaha! Are these the unused models or something?
And yes, Muktar is scary... XD

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheCatInGrey » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Yep! All of these models and textures are unused. These were all found via my own research, and I'm willing to bet there's more I haven't found, so if you know anything, TCRF is free to edit!
.w.

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Okay, these are strange, and the Muktar is particularly creepy!
Speaking of the Muktar, I’ve seen (For the most brief second) What I thought was an alligator or crocodile, in the lake near the dam in LR, chasing my wolf while I was swimming. I thought at the time it might be a random Easter egg, but what if the Muktar is actually in game? And it chases you wolf when you invade it's home? It Also might be a clue as to what happened in lost river. (It’s even near the BCE.)
The Muktar even LOOKS like it belongs in the water, like a manatee or a whale.

I know this kind of turned into a theory, but I wanted to share this with you guys.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:16 am

katlove wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 pm
Speaking of the Muktar, I’ve seen (For the most brief second) What I thought was an alligator or crocodile, in the lake near the dam in LR, chasing my wolf while I was swimming. I thought at the time it might be a random Easter egg, but what if the Muktar is actually in game? And it chases you wolf when you invade it's home? It Also might be a clue as to what happened in lost river. (It’s even near the BCE.)

I know this kind of turned into a theory, but I wanted to share this with you guys.
Haha! I've never seen that before!

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheCatInGrey » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 pm

katlove wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 pm

I've never seen that before- Muktar doesn't seem to be present in 3.0's files, but I'll load up 2.7 at some point and see if I spot anything. The weirdest part about all this, for me at least, is the complete lack of info online- I think I'm the first person to talk about these things.
  • POST MERGE
TheCatInGrey wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I've never seen that before- Muktar doesn't seem to be present in 3.0's files, but I'll load up 2.7 at some point and see if I spot anything. The weirdest part about all this, for me at least, is the complete lack of info online- I think I'm the first person to talk about these things.
So, I ran around Allison Acres for a while but didn't see anything unusual. I attempted to record it, but the video came out so choppy, it's hard to tell what's going on. You can hear beavers slapping their tails (although this is only audio, there is no beaver model present in the game), which is VERY loud and scared the life out of me. The dam in the middle of the lake makes some very strange sounds that could be beavers, but the sounds don't come from the dam at the river mouth. One of the houses has writing on the garage door that says "Susan!!! We are waiting for you at" and the rest is washed off. Pretty creepy. I saw no sign of Muktar though.

If anyone else wants to have a go at recording this, I would suggest OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/. Depending on the power of your computer, I'd suggest closing everything besides WolfQuest and OBS.
Last edited by Neamara on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post in accordance with the forum guidelines.
.w.

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm

TheCatInGrey wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:03 pm
TheCatInGrey wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 pm

So, I ran around Allison Acres for a while but didn't see anything unusual. I attempted to record it, but the video came out so choppy, it's hard to tell what's going on. You can hear beavers slapping their tails (although this is only audio, there is no beaver model present in the game), which is VERY loud and scared the life out of me. The dam in the middle of the lake makes some very strange sounds that could be beavers, but the sounds don't come from the dam at the river mouth. One of the houses has writing on the garage door that says "Susan!!! We are waiting for you at" and the rest is washed off. Pretty creepy. I saw no sign of Muktar though.

If anyone else wants to have a go at recording this, I would suggest OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/. Depending on the power of your computer, I'd suggest closing everything besides WolfQuest and OBS.
I’ll try to record it if I get the chance!
I believe where I (think) saw the “thing” was not in Allison Acres, but in the other lake, near the dam and on the other side of Hank’s Ditch. Sorry for any confusion!

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheCatInGrey » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 pm

katlove wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm

I’ll try to record it if I get the chance!
I believe where I (think) saw the “thing” was not in Allison Acres, but in the other lake, near the dam and on the other side of Hank’s Ditch. Sorry for any confusion!
Np, I didn't know there were any dams outside of Allison Acres. One way or another, I learned some cool things about the place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm gonna see if I can find what that audio coming from the dam is for, I'll let y'all know what I get.
  • DOUBLE POST MERGE
TheCatInGrey wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Np, I didn't know there were any dams outside of Allison Acres. One way or another, I learned some cool things about the place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm gonna see if I can find what that audio coming from the dam is for, I'll let y'all know what I get.
So, the audio is actually beaver vocalizations, like in this video: They make a sort of cooing sound. I don't know why none of the other dams make this sound. In the meantime, I found two unused audio files of an unknown masculine voice saying "Marco" and "Polo". I'll see about posting those on TCRF later. The audio could be anyone, or even a text-to-speech. If anyone has a theory on who it is, lemme know when I update the page.
  • TRIPLE POST MERGE
I updated the page to include Marco Polo, lemme know what y'all think
Last edited by Neamara on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged triple posts in accordance with the forum guidelines.
.w.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 am

Oh! You use OBS Studio for recording? I do too! :P
Also, where did you find the marco-polo thing in WQ? It sounds like the male version of Google.

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheCatInGrey » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:27 am

I used a piece of software called Asset Studio, it lets you extract assets from Unity games. The audio files are located in resources.assets.
  • POST MERGE
Also, what is the "male version of google"? The closest I've seen to text-to-speech from them is Google Translate, and there doesn't seem to be a male voice.
Last edited by Neamara on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.w.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:55 pm

I've used that nifty little tool for the Wiki. (My use hasn't been quite TCRF; I've only used it for 2.5 and 2.7 to pull sounds and textures for certain articles. For models, I have no idea what I'm doing/how to view them. >.<') I'll dig through things again in the future, and if I find anything, I'm willing to contribute to the TCRF page. ^^

Marco/Polo I do remember finding after sifting through extracted assets a couple of years ago, though I thought nothing of it beyond being a tad confused. Maybe it was intended for an audio range test during early development? Scratch that, see my comments on Muktar.

Muktar ... welp, it does appear to have originated from the Unity asset store based on message board posts from 2012-2013 where there are mentions of a free monster "muktar" model and(/or?) a "muktargame" project. I would guess this might be a remnant of Muktar and/or Marco Polo? They seem connected // may both have been intended for network testing.

Constructor ... as a guess, maybe it was bundled with whatever building assets were purchased for use in Lost River's human settlements?

katlove wrote:I’ve seen (For the most brief second) What I thought was an alligator or crocodile, in the lake near the dam in LR, chasing my wolf while I was swimming.
Could it have been another creature? I know from the betas that bears will avoid water due to a conflict with their fur shader that makes them appear to walk on water. Other creatures probably can and will walk through a water plane. Hmm...

Developer commentary in this thread would be awesome. xD
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

TheCatInGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheCatInGrey » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, Neamara! Most of these things present in the files are very clearly not meant to be in the final game-humans in the flesh seem to be a bit of a no-no, and the same would likely go for Robot Kyle. In the article, I mentioned that searching Muktar brings up this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2 ... -vr-162033. Perhaps it was bought for the water effect (possibly testing a scenario where your wolf can splash?), and some of the files were left in on accident. I don't know what's in the package, obviously, and it might not even have Robot Kyle or Muktar in it, this is just a theory.
  • POST MERGE
And to view the models, I just boot up Unity and drag and drop the models in. I don't know how familiar you are with Unity, but there's a million and one tutorials for it if you get stuck.
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
.w.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:12 am

(The male Google voice is a rather short story -- my mom changed Google's voice from female to male, because she can. It sounds kind of like Bixby, just he can't beat-box as well. XD)
All these random models and files cast adrift on the wings of fate are really funny. It sounds sort of like Dave made a bunch of weird, random models to test out water and other game mechanics, rather than using, I don't know, a cube...? :lol: It sounds like he used Kyle for a bunch of other things, and yes, to add to the thing @katlove mentioned she saw in the water, it could have been a coyote. Coyotes can glitch into the water and they look really weird and run choppy until they get out of it.
Maybe Dave could add Muktar to the 3.0 Lost River map for Halloween XD

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:12 am
It sounds like he used Kyle for a bunch of other things, and yes, to add to the thing @katlove mentioned she saw in the water, it could have been a coyote. Coyotes can glitch into the water and they look really weird and run choppy until they get out of it.
Yes, true, it could have been a coyote, or a glitched bear. And I would not be surprised if it was, but I saw no health bar, no sound, (Do other animals even make sound while in the water in 2.7?) or anything like that. I don’t even have proof that what I thought I might have seen was actually in the game. Who knows, it could have just been a random moth or something. I mean it could have been either, I was newer to the game when I saw it so naturally, I just assumed that it was a danger and got out of the water as quickly as I could. I didn’t look back until I reached the safe shoreline. I’ll try to see if I can get a screenshot of whatever I might have seen, and for anyone interested, I was either using an old 2012 iPad or a MacBook with an integrated graphics card.(I don’t remember which)
And I’ll try to figure out how to post the screenshot(if I get it), so you guys can see it.
Neamara wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Developer commentary in this thread would be awesome. xD
Yep, for sure!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 am

katlove wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 am
Yes, true, it could have been a coyote, or a glitched bear. And I would not be surprised if it was, but I saw no health bar, no sound, (Do other animals even make sound while in the water in 2.7?) or anything like that.
Usually when coyotes or foxes get into the water, they rapidly alternate between the wolf's swimming animation and running animation, and their presence in water also generates water sound effects, though they are as choppy as the coyote or fox itself. So..... yes, there should have been sound, and possibly a health bar, and I've also never seen a bear in water, haha.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”