most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Rosemarrie
Name: Rose

Re: most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Post by Rosemarrie » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am

Figero11 wrote:Got stuck on the steepest side of Little Butte and I couldn't get him in-stuck. I also couldn't end the game since he wasn't at the site with everyone. Or how about the time I was fighting a bear and he pretty much fed the pup to it? Lets not forget the time he didn't want to carry the pup to me anymore and left it on the other side of the map where it starved to death. He also got stuck MANY times in LR on everything.
    • I've had this problem so many times. It's just.. not a fun experience.
✲´*。. grey areas & expectations .。*´✲
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
( rose ) ( she/her ) ( fire valley pack )
avatar by lupinzpack | signature by me

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 am

Rosemarrie wrote:
Figero11 wrote:Got stuck on the steepest side of Little Butte and I couldn't get him in-stuck. I also couldn't end the game since he wasn't at the site with everyone. Or how about the time I was fighting a bear and he pretty much fed the pup to it? Lets not forget the time he didn't want to carry the pup to me anymore and left it on the other side of the map where it starved to death. He also got stuck MANY times in LR on everything.
    • I've had this problem so many times. It's just.. not a fun experience.
Yes. Very. One out of a million reasons why I also hate LR.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 am

Ha, okay so I'm not sure if this counts but....

We were hunting a bull moose, and it was almost dead, so I'm doing my technique for hunting moose. And my mate was coming back from eating a carcass, I was on the other side of the moose, and when she came close enough the moose turned around, I attacked it from behind... But for some reason my wolf wouldn't latch on and stay on! So the moose turned on me and hit me twice, (moose was pretty much dead) so while my wolf falls to the ground, so does the moose. Both of us are dead, who does my mate decide to eat? ME! She literally came iver to my wolf, ate him. And left the moose lay there untouched.

Thanks, love you too Darling.....
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 am

LOL
Black Burn wrote:Ha, okay so I'm not sure if this counts but....

We were hunting a bull moose, and it was almost dead, so I'm doing my technique for hunting moose. And my mate was coming back from eating a carcass, I was on the other side of the moose, and when she came close enough the moose turned around, I attacked it from behind... But for some reason my wolf wouldn't latch on and stay on! So the moose turned on me and hit me twice, (moose was pretty much dead) so while my wolf falls to the ground, so does the moose. Both of us are dead, who does my mate decide to eat? ME! She literally came iver to my wolf, ate him. And left the moose lay there untouched.

You made me laugh XD

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Okay, so my main wolf Silver and her mate Blu were taking the pups to the rendezvous site, and they were in the Saddle Meadows den so I decided to take a shortcut (one of the unmarked river crossings.) So, Blu sits there as I take one of our pups over, and then he picks up a pup. I’m all like, FINALLY!! He’s being helpful! But nope! He runs around the riverbank, as if he doesn’t see me across the river with the rest of our pups. Anyway, he finally found his way around the river, the pups almost starved twice, and I finally got everyone to the rendezvous site... almost. Blu got stuck on the side of the Butte. Thank goodness for the forums, as I was able to find an answer in the WolfQuest 2.7 FAQ. This experience has made me more excited for the updated AI of 3.0 and Tower Falls. Anyone had similar problems?

Edit: Fixed a spelling error
. Moonlight Howl Pack .

There are nights
when the wolves are silent
and only the moon howls to you

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:55 am

That's actually happened to me once before. I had a wolf fall to the ground the same time as the bull moose, and then my mate started eating. Since mates currently can't die in 2.7 (They just run off in the direction of a carcass and come back with full health) I just let my mate do whatever, but I was not expecting that.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Flamesky wrote:

That's actually happened to me once before. I had a wolf fall to the ground the same time as the bull moose, and then my mate started eating. Since mates currently can't die in 2.7 (They just run off in the direction of a carcass and come back with full health) I just let my mate do whatever, but I was not expecting that.
XD Very interesting! Cannibalistic wolves.... hmm.
I was once hunting a cow elk, killed it, ran to meh den, had pups, raised 'em, and when I was bringing towards the cow elk carcass, I couldn't see it. I could smell it right in front of me, but I couldn't see it or eat it. The pups were getting hungry, and I still had to cross the river. Then my mate, Nate, came (Nate mate XD) and began to eat the ground. I realized he was eating the elk carcass I killed earlier before I got a den and pups, while I couldn't even see it... so, doesn't sound too annoying, right? Well, he glitched out, and got stuck on Canyon Cliffs! :shock: WATDEHECK!?

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:20 pm

TimberRaven wrote:
Flamesky wrote:

XD Very interesting! Cannibalistic wolves.... hmm.
I was once hunting a cow elk, killed it, ran to meh den, had pups, raised 'em, and when I was bringing towards the cow elk carcass, I couldn't see it. I could smell it right in front of me, but I couldn't see it or eat it. The pups were getting hungry, and I still had to cross the river. Then my mate, Nate, came (Nate mate XD) and began to eat the ground. I realized he was eating the elk carcass I killed earlier before I got a den and pups, while I couldn't even see it... so, doesn't sound too annoying, right? Well, he glitched out, and got stuck on Canyon Cliffs! :shock: WATDEHECK!?
Maybe Nate's part elk? Some of my mates have eaten invisible carcasses too, and sometimes my wolf has!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

• recently? it'd have to be the fact that my mate wouldn't pick up one of my pups consistently, so she'd constantly leave him behind when we had to go to the rendezvous point in slough creek.

Wilhelmina
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wilhelmina » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:31 pm

my mate took one of my pups and ran into the water with it and it died.. and another thing he went on the other side of the map and i had to do everything.. :|

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 am

I’ve encountered a glitch with the mates getting stuck on Little Butte. There’s a fix, in that you have to howl and/or reload the game and howl, and then they’ll get unstuck. And the worst part? My wolf’s mate got stuck, and I had gotten the pups to the rendezvous site.
. Moonlight Howl Pack .

There are nights
when the wolves are silent
and only the moon howls to you

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 am

once my mate completely ignored an elk that we had been hunting, the elk had about a pixel left of heath, and my mate decided that it would be better if she he started going after the bull elk. He died in the process.

Rebela
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rebela

Post by Rebela » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Allikat10011 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 am
once my mate completely ignored an elk that we had been hunting, the elk had about a pixel left of heath, and my mate decided that it would be better if she he started going after the bull elk. He died in the process.
Too many times have I gotten a mate that does this stuff :x
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
SteamDeviantARTToyhou.se

AStrangerOnline
Pup
Pup
Name: Mochi

Post by AStrangerOnline » Sun May 10, 2020 12:03 am

My wolf's mate, Artemis, is not that bad of a mate. However, he does have his flaws.

Many times when I am heading elk and drop back to regain stamina, as Fall is a rather buff female, along comes Artemis, often either killing it or leading it away towards the river.

I'm sure that he has done more amusing things, but it's all that came to mind.

wildejagdx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Erik

Post by wildejagdx » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:35 am

I've just started the trial with a red Junction Butte male. We stayed in the JB territory after the courting and slept there too. When we woke up, a white JB female was there, protecting the territory. She was on her own, so I was like OK, we can deal with that. But this male was just literally staring at me, not doing anything at all. He'd just watch me die.
Chased him away immediately when I could get away from the angry JB female lol :oops:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”