Forum Suggestions V2

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Forum Suggestions V2

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:13 am

Neamara wrote:I just realized how little the community team uses WQ News & Announcements... I'm thinking about removing the announcement status of "Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited" soon™ and relocating it to that forum. Thinking about Lotte's post — would it be worth posting a PSA topic there until a decision has been made about this potential PM change?
Sounds good to me. Maybe the PSA could be a global announcement initially, too, then later shelved to News & Announcements.
Neamara wrote:Alternatively, would it be worth considering a "forum news"-esque thread that could be an announcement set to replace "Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited"? Ideally the intention for it would be to post important forum news that doesn't warrant a brand new thread (with an index containing brief summaries for each post along with a permalink).
I think that'd be very convenient as an easily accessible place with forum updates, and less hidden away and ambiguous than this particular topic.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:34 pm

I like that idea as well Neam! The title of the topic could include the date of last update as well, so people could quickly know when something new has been posted in it.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Seeing as the forum upgrade has allowed us to do some of the requests that have been listed here for some time, I went ahead and updated the first post to reflect a couple of recent changes.

Specifically:
  • We have reorganised the usergroup legend so that it is now sorted based on hierarchy.
  • Categorising members on the team page.
  • Emoji support! 🐺 🦄 🍂

Until we know the stance on extensions and modifications, some things remain in our list of things that can't be done yet.
  • It still isn't possible to ping users through @username mentions/tagging, but you can quote another member's post to generate a notification that will catch their attention (provided they have not disabled the appropriate notification options).

Paxis wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:25 pm
Following the search bar fix, I suppose now is a good time to bring up another function that hasn't been working (at least for me): the 'Mark Forums Read' function on the Board Index page has been broken, not sure for how long. When I click on it, no description appears to tell me that all forums have been marked read, and certainly no action to mark the forums as read ever happens.
The 'Mark Subforums Read' and 'Mark Topics Read' functions both work, it's just the one on the Board Index that seems to be glitched.
The good news is that this seems to have been fixed with the recent forum upgrade.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:16 pm

I just thought of a potential workaround to pinging a user.

Let's say you are commenting on a topic that User X has never commented on before. If you used quote code with their username, would the user get a notification for the topic anyway? I haven't tested this out or seen an example of it, but maybe others have?
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:29 pm

DaniBeez wrote:
It looks clunky, but you're going to have to tell me if it works - if nothing else, your name seems to be clickable when the user id is provided even if the post ID and time are not.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Fri May 03, 2019 3:38 pm

paperpaws wrote:
DaniBeez wrote:
It looks clunky, but you're going to have to tell me if it works - if nothing else, your name seems to be clickable when the user id is provided even if the post ID and time are not.
I got the Notification for this, but I suppose the real test would be on a topic one has not commented on before!

EDIT: I noticed in coding one of my posts that I can't use more than one spoiler tag, unless the others are nested inside of the first one. Is this a known limitation?

Doesn't work:

Code: Select all

[spoiler]A B C[/spoiler][spoiler]D E F[/spoiler]
Does work:

[spoiler]A B C[spoiler]D E F[/spoiler][/spoiler]
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

Necros
Pup
Pup

Post by Necros » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:52 am

Recent members claim not to have known about the discord server, so why not add a badge for it on the website like the other social links? Or how about a redirect like

www.wolfquest.org/discord
to make it easier to find? Or make the discord server link discord.gg/wolfquest

I’m trying to get back into WQ but it’s hard doing that when this place is... well, dead. No disrespect but it would be awesome to have more forum incentives going on to keep people around, right? I don’t think signing up for monthly contests is enough to hold interest. Sorry if this doesn’t belong here or is offtopic.
╔════════════════════╗
live life your own way
╚════════════════════╝
aka Dark64shadow

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm

I hear ya Necros. I'm not a WQ Team member, but if you like to draw I am organizing a group picture!
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

Azalea Frost
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Azalea Frost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 am

Can some colors be adjusted to work better with the light theme? User of the Month and Senior members are much too bright.
Azalea Frost
Avvie by Nightangelwolf

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 am

Azalea Frost wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 am
Can some colors be adjusted to work better with the light theme? User of the Month and Senior members are much too bright.
Yeahhh that was something I was well aware would be an issue long before I sent the light style to Dave for upload. Not sure if these styles will be kept as legacy styles after the website receives a new lick of paint.

Necros wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:52 am
Recent members claim not to have known about the discord server, so why not add a badge for it on the website like the other social links? Or how about a redirect like

www.wolfquest.org/discord
to make it easier to find? Or make the discord server link discord.gg/wolfquest
If only I could, Shad. The button/redirect falls to Dave, though it would be easier to implement. From what I've read there are only two ways to get a server vanity URL.
  1. Putting in for partnership.
  2. Nitro server boosts to reach level 3, requiring 50? boosts.
sooo... the Nitro Boosts option is out and partnership is out of the question because our server isn't exactly a hub of bustling activity 24/7.
I did submit the server to Dyno's public server listing found here: https://dyno.gg/servers

--

! Message from: Neamara
21-Oct-2019 Update
Quick update to share that the board version was recently upgraded again, so there are a few new improvements including (at long last!) the implementation of a few select extensions:

- Advanced BBCode Box: you'll see this one on the posting page. Spiffy new interface with more possibilities including group-specific BBcodes. So far, staff-only codes and all non-standard image tagging codes, such as resize or background image. The latter does not affect everyone's use of the [img] code, which will still be available in the usual exempt forums. More to be explored at some point.
- New, better-functioning spoilers, putting us back on code that is similar to (if not the same as) the ones we had before the previous board upgrade broke what we had.
- Improved media embedding for supported domains.
- Simple mentions system // user pinging that works independently of the quote feature.
BBcode:

[mention]username[/mention]

OR input @ followed by the first three letters of a member's username, then select the desired target. (E.g., @lob, then select 'loboLoco'.) This should generate a notification for the recipient and link to your post.
Updating the BBcode post in User Guides is on my to-do list. Not high priority with the forum being so dead, though.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:16 pm

@DaniBeez

Hooray for Pings! Thanks for these updates Nemara. Although it appears pinging yourself does not prompt a Notification :P.
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

Ogk1990
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ogk1990 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 am

Hi, when will the languages be for example spanish. :?:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Ogk1990 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 am
Hi, when will the languages be for example spanish. :?:
Believe it's a phpbb (what the WolfQuest forums use) policy that its forums only utilize English.

Ogk1990
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ogk1990 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:39 pm

I say it in game

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:56 am

@Ogk1990: In that case, you'll want to post in Ideas for New Episodes/Future Updates since that thread is intended solely for game-oriented suggestions; Forum Suggestions exists solely for forum-related suggestions and feedback.

For the game, Dave has stated the following:
loboLoco wrote:We are planning to do localization in several languages.
Sources: loboLoco's search user posts results

PHPBB does offer communities using its software access to a variety of additional language packs mentioned in the FAQ, so it is possible to make the forum available in other languages. Unfortunately, it's due to a rule in the WolfQuest Forum Guidelines that we do not allow posts in non-English languages.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”