Hellroaring Along!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Hellroaring Along!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:58 pm

The upcoming Hellroaring Mountain DLC map is really shaping up -- but as with so many things, the closer you get to completion, the more little things you notice that need further attention.

So it is with this map, which has ten rivers (about three times more than any other map), each of which need some tender loving care. I'd thought they were finished last week, but taking a closer look, I decided that I wasn't satisfied with their appearance, so I spent a few days tweaking the water shader effects. Today's video looks at that process and offers a sneak preview of the new achievement icons by Loach and special Hellroaring dream images that Susan has been working on. We don't do specific release dates but it shouldn't be too much longer!

The WolfQuest saga will continue! Stay tuned for more news in upcoming devblogs about it and other new features!

Once the game is completed on PC/Mac, we will consider porting the game to other platforms.

We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Hellroaring Along!

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:32 pm

Hellroaring Mountain looks like it's going to be a great map. I'm so excited to explore all the intricate details of this new map, encounter one of the Wolverines, cross that big bridge, and raise some pups in this big new map! Every time WolfQuest AE has gotten a new map, it has made me super excited to play the game again, and this is no different. I'm really pumped for the Hellroaring Mountain map and I'm really looking forward to exploring it. Who knows, if Hellroaring sells well, maybe we'll continue to get more new maps in the future (I still want to see Tower Fall in the game, even if it comes long after the Saga is finished). Only time will tell though. Keep up the great work, WolfQuest team!