Hellroaring Rocks!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Hellroaring Rocks!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:35 am

While Tommi and Raul work on Saga features, I've been working on the upcoming Hellroaring Mountain DLC map. Today we take a look at the challenges of creating a landscape dense with granite outcrops at high elevations and a metamorphic schist river canyon. Yes, it's time for another geology-mapmaking devblog! The area encompassed by this new map ranges from the granite-gneiss summit of Hellroaring Mountain to the Black Canyon of the Yellowstone. For the handful of players who are into this kind of thing -- enjoy!

The WolfQuest saga will continue! Stay tuned for more news in upcoming devblogs about it and other new features!

Once the game is completed on PC/Mac, we will consider porting the game to other platforms.

We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wind_Shadow
Pup
Pup
Name: Wind, Windy, Shadow

Re: Hellroaring Rocks!

Post by Wind_Shadow » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:44 pm

It's always exciting to see how the terrain is shaping up in new maps! I find the Hellroaring geology especially interesting, due to the contrast within such a close proximity. I love the Black Canyon, and I'm excited to explore it in the game!
It's amazing what the WQ team is able to do with the terrain while keeping the graphics and pricing realistic. Also, I'm curious to see if bighorn sheep will be added to this map- after all, there's plenty of steep slopes for them to climb on. Either way, I'm eager to see how this map shapes up!

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:44 pm

I love these sorts of devblogs. The unique geology of every single location in the game is a subtle aspect that makes every map different and interesting. I'm excited to explore the Hellroaring Mountain map in the game.

Wolfie-WolfquestFan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Wolfie

Post by Wolfie-WolfquestFan » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:59 am

:wolf:
Wow! I always love seeing these kinds of videos. The granite mountains you’ve made are amazing; they look so real. This map looks amazing, I can’t wait for it to be ready! It’s sooo cool how you walked across that bridge, and then the wolf crossed it too! I like seeing the real places become on the game. (It’s the closest I’ll get to visiting Yellowstone) The map is looking amazing! Keep up the amazing work!!!
-Wolfie
:wolf: