Where No WolfQuest Has Gone Before

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Zunya
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Where No WolfQuest Has Gone Before

Post by Zunya » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:01 pm

Wow! This makes me very happy to see! I have probably watched this video like 10 times xD Love yalls work!! Keep It up!!!

StripedScarsPack
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ada

Post by StripedScarsPack » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am

Sorry in advance for how may times I have used the word, "exciting," I have tried my best but it's an apt descriptor with few good synonyms:

Just absolutely incredible to see this news, I almost can't believe that it's finally happening! I was so thrilled when I saw this on Steam the other day. You guys really busted out some great new things in 2021, especially with the new ageing system and achievements, the game is developing a great replayability and progression that will keep the player feeling satisfied in a more traditional game-y way as opposed to a roleplay way. You've been making great strokes, and so fast!

So glad that you decided to share some sneak peeks of what is to come. I know that some of these things may still be a good few months out and may take some tweaking beyond that, but to see that so much progress has been made towards this elusive next step in the game's life is fantastically exciting and rewarding from an outside perspective. Like, wow, that's ACTUALLY Tower Fall!! In AE!! It's kind of surreal. That iconic Tower Fall howl.

Feels a little silly to be this hyped for an UPDATE to an existing game instead of a new release, but man. I'm hyped.

I want to say that I'm also so glad to hear about a new wolf skin pack. That deserves some attention, too! I'd just been thinking about how I would like to see more variation and it turns out that you guys are on the same wavelength. I know it's probably hard to think of new ways to make a black coat, or agouti patterns. But even subtle differences help to make enemy packs feel diverse, keep you from ending up with wolves of the same pelt over and over, and make special wolves feel particularly individual. I love the brown tinted agoutis, myself ;)

Personally (can't have a comment without a wish), I'd love to see some kind of greying in the future. Ideally two or three greying patterns that differ depending on the coat or are selected randomly? Whole face, or just the lips, or the temples and muzzle, etc, with opacity increasing with age. Could be a manual slider or an opt-in in wolf customisation/as part of the age-up. Anyway. There was an update in January that added variations to npc black coats for diversity's sake, which is in a similar vein. Since the ageing update, I've been thinking about it a lot. You can manually "grey" custom wolves, but you can't edit pups which disallows that.

I already have all of the existing skin packs and would happily buy more plus Tower Fall and any other maps that you guys make, in order to support the very real progress that you've been and are going to make. It's so nice to see that you guys are still passionate and I really hope that you stay that way, because the game is such an unexpected joy and has so much potential still. I really hope that you guys are enjoying making the game as much as I am playing it!

I'm honestly just so pumped to have a map where we can stay year-round. I don't know why it's so exciting, maybe just the novelty of it? But the idea of being a dispersal there, picking a mate, and then not having to GO anywhere is exciting (Slough Creek is beautiful, and I wish I could play there in the same relaxed way that I play on Amethyst -- no pressure, just roaming around. Both types of play are fun, but very different). It'll be very cool to see the summer/autumn/winter range all on one map. I'm so ready see some colour in Amethyst, in summer.

This is truly the announcement that people have been waiting for! I'm patient enough to wait until it's done, but please keep the updates coming! It's super interesting to see a bit of the "behind the scenes" as well as just plain compelling to see as things get closer to their final state.

PackLeader35
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PackLeader35 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:20 am

This literally looks so good!! I am so excited for it to come out! I am 100% going to buy the Tower Fall DLC. Keep up the good work loboLoco!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:25 pm

StripedScarsPack wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am
Personally (can't have a comment without a wish), I'd love to see some kind of greying in the future. Ideally two or three greying patterns that differ depending on the coat or are selected randomly? Whole face, or just the lips, or the temples and muzzle, etc, with opacity increasing with age. Could be a manual slider or an opt-in in wolf customisation/as part of the age-up. Anyway. There was an update in January that added variations to npc black coats for diversity's sake, which is in a similar vein. Since the ageing update, I've been thinking about it a lot. You can manually "grey" custom wolves, but you can't edit pups which disallows that.
I agree! I think we should have some sort of visible aging feature, especially when black wolves tend to phase out dramatically. It would be awesome to see more visible coat changes for the summer and winter. I can't wait for Towerfall updates and I'm dying to see the adolescent puppy stages.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:19 pm

SilverFlow wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:32 pm
Question, so I don't know much about producing games, but isnt it expensive? Im worried that since the big part about Tower Fall is no longer DLC (teaching pups to hunt), that all these cool ideas will end up being too expensive, because not enough players are buying the new maps, sounds and coats since they can just play the whole Saga free (if you own WQ 3).

Again, I dont know much about the game, so I hope you wont take this in the wrong way, I just love this game so much, would hate for it to run out of money:(
i can understand this worry myself - i think perhaps the allure of new maps to explore (after you're done scouring AM back and forth to the point of memorization, as i did in classic and legacy....) will persuade people to want to get the other maps. and i'm sure there's other fun new features to be added that will be purchaseable!

and overall i think wolfquest's fanbase is dedicated enough to support them for a long time regardless :]

that said, i am really happy to see this update! i think it'll be really refreshing to break free of the old episode format, as classic as it is/was. i am excited to get to see amethyst in springtime, even if i think the autumn look is really emblematic of wolfquest (at least its original era)!

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:44 pm

rowantobias wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:19 pm

i can understand this worry myself - i think perhaps the allure of new maps to explore (after you're done scouring AM back and forth to the point of memorization, as i did in classic and legacy....) will persuade people to want to get the other maps. and i'm sure there's other fun new features to be added that will be purchaseable!

and overall i think wolfquest's fanbase is dedicated enough to support them for a long time regardless :]

that said, i am really happy to see this update! i think it'll be really refreshing to break free of the old episode format, as classic as it is/was. i am excited to get to see amethyst in springtime, even if i think the autumn look is really emblematic of wolfquest (at least its original era)!
I agree. I love it when games have a lot of potential for exploration, and the Tower Fall map seems like it will have a lot of interesting landscapes to explore, from the namesake waterfall itself to the banks of the Yellowstone river and even the slopes of Mount Washburn. I will definitely be purchasing the Tower Fall map just to explore it and have a change of scenery from the Slough Creek and Amethyst Mountain maps.

I also can't wait to explore the Amethyst Mountain map in springtime, mainly because I think it's fun to see how the different locations in the game look during different times of the year.

Florpink2
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Florpink2 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:48 pm

I wrote in google translator because I write in Brazilian Portuguese :wink:
It's so exciting to see this game progress over the years, I'm a 2012 player and I was only 6 at the time XD
It's amazing to grow along with this game, I hope they manage to do well with the updates and plans for this game ^w^ :wolf: