Iconic Achievements

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Iconic Achievements

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Achievements are coming soon to WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition! After reviewing thousands of suggestions from players in May and June, we crafted our final set of achievements and have been implementing them over the past month. Along with all the design and code, we also need an icon for each achievement. It’s our great good luck that many WolfQuest players are also amazing artists, and we hired longtime WolfQuest moderator and beta tester Jessie Clarey — aka Loach on Discord and Steam — to create a set of beautiful icons. Today’s video is a time-lapse of the Lupine Legend achievement (Finish Slough Creek as an Ironwolf), showing all the talent and artistry that goes into each of the fifty icons that she has been creating. Enjoy!

We still have much testing and tweaking to do with achievements, but we expect to release them as part of the next game patch within a few weeks.

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is available now for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. The game currently includes Episode 1: Amethyst Mountain, Episode 2: Slough Creek, Lost River: Classic, and multiplayer mode in Amethyst and Lost River. (Slough Creek multiplayer is coming soon,.) Once the game is completed on PC/Mac, we will turn our attention to other platforms. The next episode, Tower Fall (DLC) will follow. We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Iconic Achievements

Post by Sambhur » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Yesss I was waiting for this video! Loach is such a great person for this job and I'm so happy that I get to see more of their art!!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:30 am

These artworks are amazing!! I especially love the icon with the pups swimming; they're so cute!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:49 am

This looks so beautiful! Well done. :mrgreen:

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 am

I absolutely love the new achievements and Loach’s artwork. I’m not usually a game completionist, but I can already see myself spending hours trying to get them all.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:49 pm

I must say, I really love the achievement icons in the new version of the game. Loach did a spectacular job with them. As much as I love the 2.7 achievements and their icons, I think the new ones in Anniversary Edition are better. These achievement icons really fit quite well.

I love how every piece of complimentary artwork that comes along with the game - whether it's the icons for the animal pages on the Wolfopedia, the game's desktop icon, the various dream images in-game, or even these achievement icons - all have a style that is consistent with the other pieces of complimentary artwork for the game. I also love how all these pieces of complimentary artwork have a style that fits with the subject matter of the game while also having a clearly distinct look from the mainly realistic look of the actual game itself or the real pictures of Yellowstone that are used for the loading screen images. The consistency there is truly incredible, it goes to show just how much passion has gone into the process of making this game, and it's those little details that make the game truly incredible. That's real dedication right there, and as a longtime player, I really appreciate it. :D