Tags, Time, and Territories

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Tags, Time, and Territories

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:57 pm

We've been working on a few new features for multiplayer recently, which we hope will give players more options for their game experience.

* TAGS: When creating a game, the host can select several tags from a pulldown list that help describe their game. These then are displayed on the preview panel in the multiplayer lobby so players can get a better idea about the nature of each game available to play, and choose one that suits their own interests.

* TERRITORY CONFIGURATIONS: We're adding three more territory configurations -- that is, which hexes each stranger pack has claimed, and which are unclaimed at the start of the game. The host can choose one of these when creating a new multiplayer game. One of the new options has the unclaimed area down in the Lamar Valley, and two others have larger and smaller unclaimed areas, for different levels of challenge.

* SLEEP MODES: Up until now, the host has been in charge of sleeping in multiplayer games. Whenever the host sleeps, all other players must sleep then as well. We think this is a good method for many players, but understand that it doesn't suit all play styles. So we've added a second option now, which has a fixed sleep schedule: All wolves must sleep at fixed times of day. One such sleep period is from late morning to late afternoon, and the other is from late evening to early morning. Time accelerates during these periods, same as in Host Decides mode. Also in this mode, if everyone sleeps at the same, time will accelerate (but players are not required to sleep at other times, even if the host is sleeping.)

We're finishing up these three new features, and they should be ready for public beta within a few days, and then release in patch 1.0.7e next week!

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is available now for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. The game currently includes Episode 1: Amethyst Mountain, Episode 2: Slough Creek, Lost River: Classic, and multiplayer mode in Amethyst and Lost River. (Slough Creek multiplayer is coming soon,.) The mobile version will come after the game (including Slough Creek) is completed on PC/Mac platforms. The next episode, Tower Fall (DLC) will follow. We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Re: Tags, Time, and Territories

Post by BlackMetal » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:57 am

My favourite features are time and tags. Of course I like all of them, but these two are my favourites. Very good idea!

Keep safe and healthy! :wink: