Meet Me at Elk Tongue

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Meet Me at Elk Tongue

Post by loboLoco » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:11 pm

A few weeks ago, we asked players to send in their ideas for placenames for the expanded Slough Creek map in the WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition. We received many, which made it hard to choose from so many great ideas. Thank you, everyone, who participated.  In today’s video we look at the final placenames that we have selected for the map.

The team is working away: Andrei has been fixing music bugs. Mikko rewrote the saved game system. Tommi is refactoring the scent system. There will be a new patch coming up next week with the map placenames and all these improvements.

Happy Groundhog Day, a few days late. Yellowstone marmots are in deep hibernation at this time of the year and, with an Arctic blast settling in over Minnesota, Dave, Susan, George, and Carmella think they have the right idea.  

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is a complete remake of the original game. We have released two episodes: Amethyst Mountain and now the Slough Creek, as well as the Lost River Classic map, for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access.

While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features and multiplayer (available now for Amethyst Mountain and coming soon for Slough Creek). The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. Future expansions such as Tower Fall  will  be DLC.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Re: Meet Me at Elk Tongue

Post by BlackMetal » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:17 pm

I really like those names. Good choice!

Keep safe and healthy! :wink:

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: Meet Me at Elk Tongue

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:02 pm

Elk Tongue Overlook sounds similar my suggestion, Elkhorn Ridge. I guess great minds think alike :wink: