Slough Creek Soundtrack!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Slough Creek Soundtrack!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:39 pm

We have just added all the new music from Slough Creek to the WolfQuest Soundtrack and Music Extras. That’s 17 new tracks (45 minutes) of new music by Ben Woolman and Tim Buzza.  The soundtrack is now 80 tracks, over two and a half hours of original music. The music has always been one of the best parts of the game, and Ben and Tim’s new music for Slough Creek is no exception. I’ve listened to these tracks so many times and I still love them every time I hear them.

Also included: a 25-minute video featuring Tim Buzza talking about how he created the signature sound of WolfQuest and many memorable tracks in the game.

If you purchased the soundtrack previously, this is a free update. It should download automatically if you purchased it on Steam. If you purchased it on itch.io, revisit your WolfQuest Music Extras download page and download it again. (Retrieving your download link for the soundtrack is the same as for the game, instructions here.)

And if you haven’t purchased it yet, here’s where to get it!
* On Steam.
* On Itch.io.

The cost is $10 and the WolfQuest Original Soundtrack & Music Extras sales revenue help support further development of the game.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Re: Slough Creek Soundtrack!

Post by rowantobias » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 pm

so excited for this release! i especially was looking forward to being able to play Playful Pups on repeat because it got stuck in my head so often... the devs are doing great work as always!

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:18 am

Thank you so much for sharing these soundtracks! I really love that music.

Keep safe and healthy! :wink:

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 am

I really love the new Slough Creek tracks in WolfQuest AE. There's so many of them that are so beautiful and fitting.

The "Travelling Day" track is an absolute masterpiece, and in my opinion it really expands on the old journey track from the Classic and Legacy versions of the game, it has the same energy as the original journey track but with a more modern, joyful feel that I think is quite fitting for WolfQuest Anniversary Edition. Any of the music that plays when you're with the pups, is really great. Danger at The Den is such a great track, I'm really not sure how such a simple guitar chorus is able to give me goosebumps, but it does! It really makes you feel like there's a real, actual sense of urgency to the situation, and it really drives home the feeling that your poor little innocent pups are in peril. It honestly makes me feel as though The Grim Reaper himself is coming for my pups. It starts off quiet and ominous before suddenly erupting into an intense theme that sews fear and panic into the heart of every WolfQuest player. There are little intermissions here and there where the music's intensity seems to calm down a little bit, but then it's quickly back to the intense cords that are like a snap back to reality. It ends with a satisfying set of guitar cords that gives a similar vibe to the "Wild and Free" track, except with more intensity, that makes you think "yeah you'd better run!". It's really a great track that is absolutely perfect for the situation in which it plays, and it makes me sweat and causes the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up every time I hear it, lol. It's honestly much more fitting for the situation than the original "Defending The Den" track was back in the old game.

Playful Pups, Hanging Out With The Pups, Naptime For Pups and Endless Summer are all tracks that really remind me of some tracks from Ben Woolman's albums on Spotify, with Ben's signature style being clearly on display here. Endless Summer really feels like a track that would play while the game credits roll. Idle Days In Slough Creek kind of harkens back to some of the old Slough Creek tracks from 2.7, like The Creek and Slough Creek Exploration. It's just such a nice track with a uniquely Slough Creek feeling that just makes it feel so fitting for Slough Creek. Hide and Snack is a great theme, it really gives a feeling of a game of hide and seek, - except it's a bit more like a game of cat and mouse here, haha. It's a very fitting track when you're frantically running around and trying to check every patch of tall grass within a 100 meter radius around a mother Elk or Mule Deer.

Big Bad Bull Bison is, in all honesty, probably the most epic track in the whole game, that absolutely awesome electric guitar theme always makes me feel as though I've just reached the final boss of an RPG game. The way that this theme intensifies with that guitar solo is so great that it honestly brings a tear to my eye, it's just so perfectly fitting. It gives me the feeling that I'm watching an action movie and the hero is confronting the main bad guy. It's just another example of Woolman's musical genius. I think it's irrevocably the most awesome musical score I've ever heard in a game.

House Hunting is such a great track as well, I just wish it would play more often while you're looking for a den, especially when the "Den Nearby!" alert pops up. I think it would be really nice to hear this track more often. Snug as a Pup is another great track, that steady beat gives a feeling of intense thought, it makes me feel like my wolf is sitting in the den thinking about what's to come once they have to leave the den and go to a rendezvous site, and also sort of harkens back to the old "You've Got Pups!" track from WolfQuest 2.7. Den Days is another great one, it really feels like a modern version of the original Pups track from the Classic version of WolfQuest.

Honestly, the Slough Creek soundtrack in WolfQuest Anniversary Edition is really great. It, like everything in WolfQuest AE, greatly expands on what came before in a way that still has the essence of what made the old game great. The Slough Creek tracks in Anniversary Edition are so fitting for Slough Creek, and not only manage to capture a lot of what made the old Slough Creek music great, but expands on it. The soundtrack really captures both the feeling of the new Slough Creek gameplay, and the beauty of the location that it is set in. It's truly amazing stuff and it really makes the game feel grand.